Myself, mum and daughter aged 11 stayed for 2 weeks at the of March/beginning April. It def is not a 4 star, but a 3+. We stayed in block AB and is the closest block to everything. We had a sea and pool view though found it very noisy with the sound of traffic outside on a busy road.
Check in was fast and we asked for help to escort our three heavy cases up to level 2. Please note there are no lifts, so if you have any immobility, request a ground floor apartment in advance of travelling. There was a complimentary bottle of water and tea bags in our room upon arrival. I have to mention that there was an awful smell in our room and I believe they do have a problem with sewerage. If you sleep on the sofa beds, you will get this smell throughout the night – not pleasant!
Shower was very nice but unfortunately kept flooding the floor so we had to constantly use towels to soak up the water.
I struggled to find food in the restaurant being a vegetarian, so lived on salads, pizza and chips for two weeks. On one occasion there was egg salad in the evening – my little bit or protein! For those of you who eat fish and meat, you will find plenty to eat but food is usually cold. There is a microwave in the corner if you want to heaten your food. Unfortunately there desserts were very disappointing. They did have some themed nights, which was lovely ie chinese, mexican etc.
On the plus side the hotel is very clean and gardens are very well kept and staff are very friendly.
I didn’t enter the pool as it was freezing, though it didn't bother the kids and my daughter really enjoyed the big pool.
The walk to the main beach is 10/15 mins. There is a smaller beach closer by if you like dark sand and no life guard. The hotel will make you a packed lunch if you request it the night before hand. The hotel runs a complimentary bus to the beach 3 times per day. Unfortunately the day we waited for the bus, it had left early so we got a taxi for €3!
Costa Teguise is very quiet with some lovely bars and restaurants in the market square which is 10 mins walk along the lovely promenade.
I enjoyed my stay at the Bluebay, but it is a budget hotel, so don’t expect luxuries! I found it very family friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartments just 300m from the beach at Costa Teguise, Lanzarote. Ideal for family holidays full of sun, fun and sport on the fabulous Canary island. Ideal for adults and children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your BlueBay Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Lanzarote Hotel Costa Teguise
- Hotetur Lanzarote Bay Costa Teguise
- Hotetur Lanzarote Bay Hotel
- BlueBay Lanzarote Costa Teguise