BlueBay Lanzarote
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Hotel Coronas Playa(Costa Teguise)
  • Breakfast included
El Guarapo Apartments(Costa Teguise)
Santa Rosa(Costa Teguise)
Mansion Nazaret(Costa Teguise)
Albatros Club(Costa Teguise)
Nazaret Apartamentos(Costa Teguise)
  • Restaurant
Oasis Lanz Beach Mate(Costa Teguise)
2,955 results
All reviewsblue baysaladpool barblock bpool tilesself servicetoastiestiles missingtennis courtsgreat holidayon tapplenty of choiceevening entertainmentsoft drinksentertainment roomvealbbc world news
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked our holiday through lowcostholidays as a family of 3 people. This came to a total of £1350, including all inclusive, flights and transfer. For a weeks stay, this seemed pretty reasonable, especially compared to other websites.

We flew from Gatwick with Norwegian, who i must say exceeded all expectations and would definitely recommend them! We were at the hotel at no time. First impressions were that it was a nice, airy hotel and so far so good. As requested, room B304 was given to us, which was much larger than we was expecting. It had both a sea and pool view on the top floor which made it perfect to sit out and watch the day go by. The only downside to the room has to be the bathroom, in which is much smaller with a small shower only just able to fit in. Never the less, it is cope-able considering the rest of the room. There is a safe in the room, but you have to pay a small fee for it.

The food was as expected for a all inclusive resort- some days were good and others were awful. In particular, the small selection of desserts can get very boring after a while as there is limited variety. Also, the hotel does not cater too well for children, but generally there is something for everyone. I liked the themed evenings the best, especially Italian which was by far better than the normal selection offered.

The pool area is a good size and there are lots of sunbeds available, although only some have umbrellas. I would say the beds are extremely uncomfortable, so bring along a thin cover or buy a lilo to lay on. I must say it is extremely cold also!
The kids pool was just finished as we left, and has now been painted and updated to make it safer for children. Although the pools are in need of some serious maintenance, the hotel has started to update the tiles and ensure it is better maintained.

But, having spoken to a couple who stayed last year, the pool was the same back then and very little has been done. In addition, the maintenance means the pool is partially closed and water levels lower than usual. This is inconvenient as smaller areas will be available to swim in over the due course. I dont understand why they chose the summer to do it, when it will be busiest?

Entertainment has to be the hotels biggest downfall. They played a video nearly every night, for example 'video comedy', which was very BAD! I would recommend going out in the evenings as both Playa Bastian were the hotel is located and Costa Teguise are much busier. There are lots of little shops of bars which would make a relaxing evening.

Overall, I think Bluebay Lanzarote is a good, cheap hotel which has huge potential to 4 star. The staff are some of the politest you will meet and always happy to help. Much to my surprise, there is also a Spa which is nice and big. On arrival, you get one free entry voucher - for any one else it is 10Euros. Be aware though that massages cost extra.
I would return in the future, and is deserved of a high rating like much of the rest of Costa Teguise. It is by far the nicest and most peaceful resort in Lanzarote, in my opinion.

Room Tip: The B or E Blocks have the best view of the sea and pool. Try to get a high floor!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank harryJ15
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just arrived back from this hotel yesterday. We had a lovely stay the hotel staff were very helpful from the moment we arrived. We were given the apartment B301 overlooking the pool and with a view of the sea as we requested. The apartment was very clean and modern and towels were changed every day. The food was a bit hit and miss with what you got but it was always warm and there was a variety to chose from. There themed food nights were good particularly the 'Mexican' night. The day entertainment was good and it broke the day down into sections. However the night time entertainment wasn't the best the animal shows were good and the quiz but I wouldn't really rate the singers. Overall, we were very impressed with the hotel and the staff for what we paid this hotel is much better than others we have stayed in with a similar star ratings. We will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: Chose a top floor apartment (if you don't mind the stairs) the balcony's are a sun trap through the day!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
14  Thank TNDJKW
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Been four times now, 3 in Winter and once in Summer. The hotel is placed perfectly far enough from Costa Teguise to be undisturbed by the plonkers, but close enough for a nice walk into the town.
Everywhere is clean in the hotel, the staff are excellent and seem to enjoy their job, the food is average. It does the job but not the reason we keep going back.

Excellent winter retreat and for what it costs, brilliant value for money.

I dislike having to pay for the safe, the TV and the wifi in this day and agree. We never use the TV and only noticed the card slot on our last trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Alex-SuZie
Reviewed 4 July 2014

me and my friend booked this holiday just over a week in advance, paid roughly £500 each for all inclusive. We stayed in E block 120. We had a lovely apartment, no balcony just a terrace but this didnt bother us too much.

We booked our holiday through thomas cook, transfer was roughly 15 minutes. I had a lovely week away, im quite a fussy eater, yet i always found the food to be fresh and nice always something to choose from.

it took myself and my friend 3 days until we realised that the entertainment actually took place in another block to the main building. we were never told of this and were stupid enough not to question it until the 3rd evening when we couldnt understand why the bar to the main building was so empty!

we were amazed by the beach we found on the second day, roughly 15 min walk, it was so calm and no wind or waves what so ever. For the majority of the holiday it was fairly breezy so this was the only day that we really got away with being on the beach without getting sand blown into every crevice possible.

All in all i had a lovely holiday, perfect for couples but would have had a slightly better time if there was more to do at times.

only complaints would be - our shower drain smelt quite bad on a daily basis regardless of complaining. The beds are very hard, as are the sun beds.

The majority of the chefs, and waiters are lovely!!

Room Tip: Block E is a perfect location however avoid possible the bottom as people above can be loud, and the drain smells.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank emiliakate
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed for 10 nights through cosmos and got such a good deal I couldn't resist. We usually go to 4* hotels, but after staying at the BlueBay it was really not too different from previous hotels I've stayed in in the past.

You have to pay for a safe, I think it's 3.30 euros per day. You also have to pay for beach towels and there are plastic sun loungers. These seemed to be the biggest differences in comparison to a 4* hotel.

I would suggest taking two beach towels if possible as the sun loungers are quite uncomfortable, but it is only a minor issue.

Food was really tasty, slightly salty, but there was always something to chose and was really impressed. Yes it can be a bit repetitive but what do people really expect when you go to an all inclusive?

The town of Costs Teguise is a 10-15 min walk where there are plenty of restaurants to chose from if you want a change from the food. Or right in front of the hotel is Playa Bastian, a nice sized beach with a few restaurants to chose from there too.

Overall I was really pleased with our stay. Nice food, good selection of drinks and alcohol, clean spacious room and friendly waiters and bar staff!

• Stayed: June 2014