We're just back from a weeks all-inclusive at the Bluebay Lanzarote. We were there from 11th to 18th August 2014. Here is a brief resume of our holiday......
For a Three Star facility, it was brilliant!
The staff, from Reception, Bars, Restaurants, Cleaners and Management were all superb. Big smiles from them, and a friendly "buenos dias!" whenever you passed by.
Our room was a one bedroom apartment on the top floor, overlooking the pool and the sea, just as we'd asked for. (Room AB305). It was very spacious, clean and perfectly adequate. The view from the room was amazing! There does seem to be a design flaw with the shower door in the bathroom, and water does leak all over the bathroom floor, but a couple of towels down beforehand works wonders! They could do with putting a mirror up in the bedroom too, and maybe providing a few drawers for additional storage, but otherwise the room was good.
There was a very good choice and selection of food in the restaurant. There must be something for everyone here and we've got no complaints about the food at all. There are three main buffet areas to pick from, for starters, mains and dessert, along with the self-service area for drinks. All very good and perfectly adequate again.
The pool area is large and there's loads of space about the place. The white plastic sunbeds are not the comfiest but the purchase of a cheap inflatable lilo makes all the difference! If you are fortunate, you may inherit some from other guests who are heading home! The rule about reserving sunbeds is enforced at this resort......... Twice we saw staff removing towels from unattended beds before 9am. So, you can certainly pick and choose your poolside spot from the early morning onwards, but you must stay with your sunbeds until the 9am cut-off point!
The pool does seem a bit cold at first, but you soon get used to it! As in other Reviews, some of the mosaic pool tiles are missing, but I think they are being replaced a few at a time, so as not to overly disrupt the guests. We did see a small area of the pool taped off to accommodate a repair, but it was only for a day.
The entertainment was varied... We saw acrobats, singers, dancers and the bird of prey show. All were competent and entertaining. There seems to be a rolling two-week programme of events, so there's some acts we didn't get to see.
The first three days of our holiday were very windy. I've heard the phrase "Breezy Teguise!" and it's very apt. Sunbeds, parasols, lilos, inflatables, and the plastic cups from the pool bar were all blown all over the place, unless you kept everything weighted down! The wind was more bearable by the end of the week, but it seems to be ever present in Costa Teguise!
As always, you mix and mingle with other guests during your holiday. We did, and everyone we spoke to had nothing but praise for the Bluebay. My wife and I are in our forties, with a 15 year old son. He had a great time! He met loads of new friends and had no complaints either! Job done!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartments just 300m from the beach at Costa Teguise, Lanzarote. Ideal for family holidays full of sun, fun and sport on the fabulous Canary island. Ideal for adults and children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Onthebeach, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BlueBay Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Lanzarote Hotel Costa Teguise
- Hotetur Lanzarote Bay Costa Teguise
- Hotetur Lanzarote Bay Hotel
- BlueBay Lanzarote Costa Teguise