“average”
Review of Mansion Nazaret

Mansion Nazaret
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Stayed here from the 16th January to the 23rd of January. The apartments are very dated and in need of an update. On the plus side the location is great and they are very close to all amenities. The big negative I have on these apartments is the fact that when I booked this holiday I originally booked the Mansion Nazaret but two weeks later I cancelled this booking and rebooked for the Aparementos Nazaret based on their higher rating on trip advisor (the complexes are next to each other and share the same reception). However, much to my dismay when we arrived we were put in the Mansion Nazaret. The receptionist was rude when I queried this and advised me that I should be happy as the Mansion Nazaret were better apartments than the Apartmentos. My main issue with this was the manner in which the lady at reception dealt with my complaint. She shouted at me as if I was a stupid person and would not listen to my complaint. However, in my opinion I did not get the apartments that I had choosen for and paid for. It was not my fault they had made the error by over booking the apartments. She offered to re locate us the following day but was so rude and agressive with this offer and made me feel like I was the one causing the problem. We choose not to relocate due to the inconvenience and they manner in which she made me feel. I also I did not want to have to deal with her the following day. Thankfully I avoided reception for the rest of the holiday so that I did not have to see or deal with her again. I would not recommend these apartments to any one or stay here again based on this experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Villa105
mansionnazaret, Front Office Manager at Mansion Nazaret, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear Guest:

First of all we want to apologize for the inconvinients caused in your holidays. As we told to your partner, there was a missunderstanding in the booking. The difference of price between the Mansion and the Nazaret apartments was due to the included service of breakfast in your last booking. As a compensation after offering you to move to Nazaret in the only rooms we had free the next day which was a ground floor apartment and you did not accept , we gave a free of charge key safe for the whole week. In winter time Nazaret Aartment is very busy with long term guest as i explain you in reception. We only try to explain you when you ckecked in that you were having a fantastic apartment with privat balcony facing the swimming pool. We are really sorry you were so dissapointed.

Kind Regards

Micaela

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Excellent hotel,lovely rooms,nice pool and ideal location for the beach,restaurants and bars.the food was ok but the restaurant lacks soul,the staff were excellent and very friendly and helpful.i will definatley be returning.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Andysloper
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Hotel: Excellent location. Booked a 1 bedroom apartment half board, it was huge. Was pleased to see a little kitchenette with fridge, hob and a microwave. Big TV. Hot water for shower/bath. Bed was the most comfortable I've slept in on holiday. Bottle of wine on arrival and bread rolls every morning, nice touch. We had some damp in our room and mentioned it to reception, by the time we returned from the beach there room was cleared of damp and was aired.

Food: was very good. People who moan about it, are probably fussy eaters, as there wasn't a huge choice. Drink prices reasonable.

Pool: Didn't use but there was always sun beds available.
Staff: Very helpful and friendly

Location: Excellent - 5 minutes walk to the beaches and in the heart of the town. No street noise from our room. Bus stop outside the hotel.

4  Thank serafin65
Reviewed 8 January 2013

all good , food good , small choise but tasty , good coffee , breakfast was good to,great bacon .close to the sg across the road , good pub just outside,ekker,s firday after noon 5 o,clock jam session great , great chillie nachoe,s , peroni 3 euro,s all good

Room Tip: our room got no sun ( 2505 ) and that side , ask for above dinning room , sun all day
5  Thank togotogotogo
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Just returned from our Xmas break in Costa Teguise, Lanzarote. First time staying at this accomadation and cannot rate it highly enough. The apartment was huge, 2 bedrooms and seperate lounge area. Kitchen was small, but then we were half board and only needed to make drinks.
A bottle of wine was waiting for us on arrival and another on Xmas day. fresh bread rolls every morning, even on check out day.
Apartment was clean and tidy when we arrived and sheets and towels changed every two days.
Food in the restuarant was typical european buffet style food, if you are going to expect roast dinners and typical english food, don't go half board.
Breakfast was a selection of meats and pastrys with various hot food, normally bacon, sausages, potatoes, beans and a varity of ways to cook eggs!
Evening meals again had a varity of salad style dishes with various hot meats, chicken, beef, fish also chips, canarian potatoes (gorgeous) and vegetables.
Our Son went in the pool once and said it was quite cold, but as we are not big on lounging by the pool and swimming it didn't bother us.
Beach is a short 5 min walk through a local square, which has entertainment almost every night with various bar and restaurants to sit and relax, listen to the music whilst drinking Sangria.
Our only complaint was no entertainment on site, but with the square less than a couple of minutes walk, we didn't really need it.

Staff were friendly, helpful and able to provide anything required.

We will certainly be going back in 2013 and would recommend these apartments to anyone and Costa Teguise, not as big and busy as Puerto del Carmen, but great if you want a relaxing and enjoyable holiday.

Room Tip: Get a second or third floor room, they benefit from getting the sun in the morning.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Andyct64
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Spent Christmas here with family in a 2 bed apartment.
Location is great with loads of restaurants and bazaars around.
Room was disappointing really and the cleanliness was not next to godliness, there were hairs on bathroom floors and walls when we arrived and the balcony was dusty.
The kitchen area was small and equipped to a basic standard
We stayed 9 nights and had bedding changed once and room cleaned three times.
We had to vacate room at midday and our flight was at 20.45 and we're advised that there was a shower room and towels available...sounds good but no hair dryer or electric point for the good old hair straighteners!!!!.
Overall the holiday was great and would most definitely return to costa teguise just not this accommodation.

Room Tip: Book excursions through last minute travel..good trips well organised
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank smillsCumbria
mansionnazaret, Front Office Manager at Mansion Nazaret, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Dear Sir:

Thank you for choosing Mansion Nazaret for your holidays. I would like to clarify that the cleaning service under contract is alternative days. Check out time is 12:00 and if we are fully booked we can not offer an extension of the room.

Kind Regards

Micaela

Reviewed 21 December 2012

its taken us a little while to realise you have to read reviews then book . we have just come home from studio nazaret lovely room but no sun during the day but we were not there during the day room is very clean and well equipped rolls every day location is superb use other pools they are nicer we have booked 2 weeks in appartments for next year which i think is a credit to what we experienced this year . staff are very nice location is very good with spar shop next door so many restaurants to choose from be careful on eat as much as you like deals you will be robbed on drinks so you may pay 9euros to eat as much as you like have 2 beers each and pay more for drinks than cheap food we think spain is now very good value for money we bought in spar shop next door red wine for 1.31 euro it was ok got better more you drunk enjoy good value

Room Tip: left of pool in studios no sun on ground level but huge well equipped rooms
2  Thank buster099