“Excellent stay”
Review of Mansion Nazaret

Mansion Nazaret
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Just returned from a week at the Nazaret, single travelling with friends. Let's get the only minor negative out of the way first. I booked up in February 2013 with Jet2 Holidays and specifically paid a supplement for a one bed apartment as 1) I preferred the duplex style layout (bedroom on mezzanine level with on-suite bathroom) and 2) I prefer a balcony rather than a terrace and the 1 bed seemed to be on the higher floor and studio's on the ground floor. On arrival I was disappointed to have been allocated a studio, which was fine but like a small hotel room and on ground floor. I was however moved to a lovely 1 bed apartment the following morning which was really spacious with high ceilings (no air conditioning so high ceilings meant it was much cooler than the studio) and exactly what I had envisaged when I booked. One word of warning their were some other guests who said they had paid for a 1 bed and were allocated a studio so it wasn't just me.
If it weren't for the room issue I probably would've awarded 5 stars as my stay was very enjoyable and was made to feel welcome by all the staff. Apartment was clean with bedding and towels changed every other day.
Mansion Nazaret studios and apartments are canarian style (which I like) meaning they are darker than it's more traditional and adjoining sister the Nazaret (my friends stayed here for a second time and their apartment was very nice too). Bathroom could do with a refurbishment but was fine, kitchen area fine and seemed to have all the basics (holiday's for me are not spent cooking over a hot stove!), breakfast bar with stools, living area spacious with large widescreen tv and leather sofa!! Large balcony too.
Pool area was very nice but like it seems anywhere else you need to be up very early to get your towels on a lounger - some were even putting your towels down the night before!
Only used the restaurant 3 times for breakfast which is eat-as-much-as-you-like buffet style and at 4 euros you couldn't go wrong (nearby you can get breakfasts for around 5-6 euros (including fruit juice and/or coffee).
Location is second to none, Spar, bar and money exchange (£1=1.19 euros just a week ago!) right outside with the popular square opposite with loads of (cheap) bars and restaurants and a lively atmosphere. Local large beer 1.50-2.00 euros and vodka (local triple measures!!) + mixer around 2.5 euros. Only a few minutes walk to the fabulous Las Cucharas beach and more great bars and restuarants looking over the bay. Night club at rear of the Nazaret but I never heard any noise even when returning from a night out in the early hours. My apartment was on the opposite side to the nightclub
Rarely stay in Apartments as I much prefer hotels, however, the Nazaret and Mansion Nazaret are well worth a visit and I would certainly go there again.

Room Tip: See main review!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Graham897

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We have just arrived home after a 10 day stay at Mansion Nazaret and I have to say it was wonderful. Very spacious and clean apartment. The apartment was cleaned regularly and fresh towels always left. All staff were very friendly, each of the 3 swimming pools and sunbathing areas were cleaned every day. More than enough sunbeds to go around even when the apartments were full.
The apartments are situated centrally to everything you could need on holiday: shops, bars, restaurants, beach etc and although central was not noisy.
Definitely booking to go again its so good!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank alimac73
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I love this place. Today I just came back from Mansion Nazaret and to be honest I thought it was amazing. We were offered with very good service + the people who worked there were very pleasant. Everything was pretty much clean with the basics that is needed in a room for accommodation. The pool is always cleaned out in a morning so it is never dirty.
Would definitely recommend this place as it's a really good place and really quiet (seeing as there is no entertainment, you can just relax. THANK GOD!).

Room Tip: Rooms are only available with balconies/ terraces facing the pool if you either have a 2 bedroom or...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank MichaelBull
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We got a holiday package and we ended up with a nice, clean studio with a kitchenette. Very roomy and comfortable, even for what I reckon to be the Canary standard. Pools were clean and there were always some beds free. Location is totally downtown, meaning bars, shops, taxis, buses, beaches and all that is really less than walking distance. Interestingly, we did not hear any of the city noise at all in the studio.
Please note I rate the 'Value' as 'Excellent' because it was a Last Minute holiday. Booked otherwise might end up seeing things different.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wojciech Z
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

We stay in the Mansion Nazaret where we enjoy the Canarian decor, comfy beds, cool rooms and balcony. We appreciate the location - a short stroll to plenty of restaurants, and the beach, and supermarkets close by. The family owners are lovely - helpful, knowledgable, and very friendly. We can't wait to return for another relaxing visit. Thank you especially to Micaela (& to Mercedes, who we missed this time). We strongly recommend the Mansion Nazaret!

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank BWLandSHL
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Having read several reviews before going I was very confused and very unsure of what we were to find and experience. I feel sometimes ppl may expect too much for their money. We went as 3 adults and one child. Our apartment was big. Clean. With a lovely view of the pool as we requested. From arriving the staff were helpful and polite. The position of the apartment was spot on for us. We were close to all amenities. Lots of pubs and restaurants to choose. All the shops and eateries can be found in the square just feet away from the entrance. The spar shop was great and we used this daily for essentials as we went bed and breakfast only. They have all you need here. The breakfasts were good. Always plenty to choose from here too. Fresh bread rolls delivered to our door each day provided us with a free lunch. Eating out in the evening left us spoilt for choice. Nice places to eat and at very reasonable prices. Everybody was very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Have to agree with the comment below regarding the kitchen in the apartment. It could do with a few more essentials and less of the things we didn't need. Like a cake mixer? Unless you really fancy making a cake on your holiday? We had one of those in the cupboard but only one spoon? Rooms were however clean and cool. Te apartment was very large with 2 very big bedrooms. Hot water was always available.Towels were changed twice in our 8 day stay and the sheets too. Plus a clean in between. We had a lovely holiday. I would recommend to family and friends. Can,t comment on the meals in the evening in mansion nazaret as we didn't eat here during the evenings. Great poolside cafe though served good snacks for about 6 hours a day. Ice creams and drinks etc too. There could be some noise heard from other guests returning at night but that can happen anywhere. Good beds with comfortable mattress. Always plenty of sun beds. We went at a busy time and still find we had plenty of space by the pool. I can not fault this place for the money it cost us. Great value for money.

Room Tip: We had room 2402. Ground floor. Fantastic views over the pool. Great for families with children. Ver...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Lianne P
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed end of June.My husband myself and our sons 16 and 10. From checking in to departing the staff were brilliant. Our room was large and quiet. with a view of the main pool. Although the hotel was fully booked it was always quiet day and night. We had the restfull holiday we needed. Mansion nazaret is typically Spanish with lots of tiles white walls and wooden beems .Saddly a few things could do with updating like the stone sink that I dare nt drop anything in and the hot water . ( It was only ever aired which can feel quite cold after a day in the sun and not very good for washing off sun cream. ) The food is basic and there is very little variation .But there was always plenty of it. ( you can eat out cheaply . All you can eat chineese 4.50 euro was our favourite. )The bars were quite cheap San Miguel around 2 eros . Very large branded spirits around 4 eros.
Although we liked the hotel and we will go back we will use it as a base as we wer nt struck on costa teguise. A lot of bars and resterants were empty or closed down. We hired a small car quite cheaply and saved a fortune on organised trips.Eg 20 min drive to the national park and the volcano . 5 min drive to the water park. And around 30 mins to porta del Carmon and playa blanca . For 24 eros return we crossed to Ferturventura.
All in all our holiday was good value for money.

Room Tip: Mansion Nazaret is the original building. Hotel Nazaret although built right next to it is the newer...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family