We stayed at Sands Beach for a week the beginning of October and from the time of booking, I have had nothing but pleasure when dealing with everyone from this hotel. We travelled with our 2 yr old and our new baby, who was barely 3 months old at the time and the staff made our holiday extremely stress-free and hugely enjoyable.
We stayed in No.7, a beautiful beachfront apartment, which was spotless, quiet and perfectly situated beside the very safe beach. I had emailed the hotel before we flew to arrange a few things and they offered us a pre- check-in via email to ensure we could get to the apartment as soon as possible with such small children. Check-in was a breeze, do get the porters to bring your luggage for you, as it is quite a walk with luggage to the beachfront apts, everything we had requested, extra bed, cot was waiting for us in the apartment. We also ordered take away from the Haicenda, which was brilliantly delivered right to our door, exactly what we needed after travelling with a 3 mth old!
We really found the resort to be so relaxing and peaceful. It worked perfectly for us that the beachfront was literally outside our door, as I could be in the apartment with the baby and my husband was on the beach with our 2 yr old and we still felt like we were together! The choice of pools is great as well, when you got tired of the beach. An added bonus was the free buckets/spades & toys and also the kayaks, which my husband and 2 yr old loved!
I also have to highly compliment the Buddy's team who really made sure our 2 yr old enjoyed every evening and slept like a log. They work extremely hard and make it so much fun, even for the younger kids. The only downside was we always had to make sure we were back after dinner in time for the mini-disco! Not much of a hardship when our little princess was constantly entertained. The (free) shows like the birds of prey, parrots etc. went down a treat also with her and us.
Another tip is to use the beach towel service, saves space in your luggage and it's lovely having clean beach towels everyday. I also used the laundry service, which was very good value and meant we didn't have to pack as much clothes.
I also want to commend the cleaners who came everyday and were so accomodating with us, our lovely lady, who I sadly didn't get her name, seemed to have us scheduled just as one or other of our kids were napping, she really worked around us, even coming back later some days to clean the place and replace towels. It really made a difference to have EVERY single member of staff be so friendly and accomodating. I have never come across this in any of the hotels I have stayed in before.
There was a few, small downsides to our trip. 1. Yes, I agree with some other posters that some of the pool areas are little worn and I presume that maybe some of the apartments may be a little worn also but the resort does seem to be making a strong effort to refurbish the place, Plaza Sol for example is fabulous! My tip would be if want a lovely, clean, comfortable apartment, pay extra for the beachfront ones.
2. It is on the edge of the Costa Teguise resort, quite a bit of a walk into the centre of the resort. We did make the mistake of trying to bring our double buggy via the beachfront. DO NOT DO THIS!! My poor husband spent ages pulling it backwards without the kids in it to get through the not finished part of the beachfront. That said, closer to the resort centre, the were currently laying a lovely promenade which will be amazing when it's finished and eventually reaches the Sands Beach Resort!!
3. The ramps in the resort are very steep, bad for buggies and/or wheelchairs etc. Just use the service road running down the side of the resort, way easier and shorter too. And yes, the middle of the lagoon, does have some not nice seaweedy stuff but that's to be expected as it's not a river, I have encountered similar stuff in lakes. It is not a pool or the sea, don't expect it to be. My little girl had a ball trying to catch the fish, though!
Overall, I really cannot recommend this hotel enough, it is simply THE BEST Hotel we have stayed in ever. Our accomodation was so comfortable and homely, which was good as we did spend an awful lot of time in our apartment due the age of our kids, not once did we feel uncomfortable, we even looked forward to coming back to 'our holiday house' every night after the disco.
The staff are one in a million, which really makes this place so comfortable and a home away from home for us. It really does say something for this hotel, considering the majority of people we met while there, were back for their 4th, 5th, 9th holiday at Sands. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Beach Resort lies on the eastern coast of Lanzarote, 15 min from the airport, facing Los Charcos Beach and with direct access to the promenade. The Resort is provided of its own beach, 13 swimming pools (7 adults and 6 paddling), restaurants, pub, supermarket, gym, health center, internet, 24h reception, parking, tennis court, entertainment, etc. The apartments are very spacious and comfortable, with safe, tv-sat, microwave, fridge and freezer, oven, dishwasher, hairdryer, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Beach Resort Lanzarote/Costa Teguise
- Sands Resort Lanzarote
- Sands Beach Villas Lanzarote
- Beach Lanzarote Resort Sands
- Sands Beach Lanzarote
- Sands Beach Villas Resort
- Sands Beach Hotel Lanzarote