Let's start with reception, very clean unpretentious quite busy when we arrived but not an over long wait for apartment allocation reception staff polite and helpful, porter whisked our cases away. Quite a long walk to the apartment something of a mystery tour even with a map -eventually arrived at Verde 19. (superior one bedroom accommodation) which was a little dated, but clean and if you are a self caterer there was everything you need in the place. Double bed fine, furnished without too much expense, hot water for some reason was very slow. Sheets changed every two days, towels every day. Heard some mixed reviews about accommodation from others !! So would suggest superior rooms are worth the extra (see also other TA reviews) We had wonderful sea view and sun all afternoon (what a week for weather lucky us) The site itself, made up of "Zones" each with a pool and nicely appointed the whole site was well maintained. One final point on accommodation I'm not sure how many of the apartments are privately owned the one next to us was, so who sets the standard??
The resort has three options self catering, B&B and HB we were on the latter and can report that the food was good, plenty of choice well presented and the facilities were spotlessly clean. Helpful staff who smiled a lot and were always on hand. One thing I must mention if you have drinks with your meal you have to pay when you leave either signing to your room or in cash. Nobody mentioned this to my wife and I we thought that it was put on our room tab, we were therefore accosted outside the restaurant like lots of others and sent back in to pay, rather embarrassing something that needs to looked by the management team.
There seemed to be plenty of activities for the younger ones, and the resort is certainly family focused, and perhaps would be quite noisy when fully booked.
As mentioned by others the Resort is around 20 mins from the centre of Costa Teguise but a very pleasant walk along the coast.
All in all not a bad place to stay for a week we certainly enjoyed it and the main resort itself is one of the best in this part of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Beach Resort lies on the eastern coast of Lanzarote, 15 min from the airport, facing Los Charcos Beach and with direct access to the promenade. The Resort is provided of its own beach, 13 swimming pools (7 adults and 6 paddling), restaurants, pub, supermarket, gym, health center, internet, 24h reception, parking, tennis court, entertainment, etc. The apartments are very spacious and comfortable, with safe, tv-sat, microwave, fridge and freezer, oven, dishwasher, hairdryer, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Beach Resort Lanzarote/Costa Teguise
- Sands Resort Lanzarote
- Sands Beach Villas Lanzarote
- Beach Lanzarote Resort Sands
- Sands Beach Lanzarote
- Sands Beach Villas Resort
- Sands Beach Hotel Lanzarote