Just got back from a week at the Sands beach resort and had to write a review as it was fantastic!
Check in was fast and easy and to our delight we had been upgraded to a Beach Front Apartment. Apartments were what we expected, fairly good size, clean, towels changed when you needed and great to have beach towels provided. Only 1 cockroach seen the whole time and outside the apartment. The private lagoon beach was very shallow and yes once you got past lower thigh height the water became a mossy under foot so as an adult or teenager you wouldn’t swim in it, but the first few meters were clear water and my 4 year old loved it as did all the other children on the beach. They could see the fish swimming near their feet and there were buckets & spades, rubber boats galore for the children to play with so no wasting 6 euros on a bucket only to leave it behind at the end of the holiday. Also sunbeds and umbrellas were free so no paying 8 euros a day as you would on the main beaches. I can also say that when the moss/seaweed started to creep up to the beach there was a man there like a shot to clear it all away and rake the beach! I felt my little girl was safe and we could really relax.
A lot of people had said that the pools were all freezing but we used the pool at the Mai Tai cafe on the complex and it was fresh but average temp for most Spanish pools I was glad of this as I wanted to cool off anyway. My little girl got in in the blink of an eye so it couldn't have been that cold.
We opted for the inclusive breakfast in the Hacienda Restaurant which was fine, not mitchelin stars but filled us up for the day and my little girl loved the mickey mouse shaped pancakes the waiter made for her every morning. We never ate there in the evening so can’t comment on the food in the evening. The food in the Mai Tai pool bar was good. We ate out every night but you do have to walk a good 10-15 minutes to find a decent restaurant.
The evening entertainment was cheesy but the kids love it and we usually popped in to keep the little one happy. The entertainment team seemed to get on well with the kids and adults alike and my daughter attended the kids club a few times but i wasn’t ready to leave her alone as she had only just turned 4. They seemed to act fairly responsible around the young ones but did work long hours from 10am until one 11pm.
All in all a great family resort especially if you have young children. Teenagers however would probably be bored and there is not much to do in Costa Teguise. Buses are frequent to Purto del Carmen and the Rancho Texas Park is worth a look for little ones.
If you are looking for a great family beach/pool holiday then this is the place for you. Don’t expect 4 star luxury but it is still at least 3 star plus I would say. We had a fabulous family holiday and could totally relax while our daughter played. I would definitely like to go back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Beach Resort lies on the eastern coast of Lanzarote, 15 min from the airport, facing Los Charcos Beach and with direct access to the promenade. The Resort is provided of its own beach, 13 swimming pools (7 adults and 6 paddling), restaurants, pub, supermarket, gym, health center, internet, 24h reception, parking, tennis court, entertainment, etc. The apartments are very spacious and comfortable, with safe, tv-sat, microwave, fridge and freezer, oven, dishwasher, hairdryer, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Beach Resort Lanzarote/Costa Teguise
- Sands Resort Lanzarote
- Sands Beach Villas Lanzarote
- Beach Lanzarote Resort Sands
- Sands Beach Lanzarote
- Sands Beach Villas Resort
- Sands Beach Hotel Lanzarote