Sands Beach Resort
HD Beach Resort(Costa Teguise)
US$428
Occidental Lanzarote Mar(Costa Teguise)
US$199
US$132
US$84
US$81
  • Pool
Los Zocos Club Resort(Costa Teguise)
US$130
  • Restaurant
Oceano Apartments(Costa Teguise)(Great Value!)
US$66
Orbitz.com
US$86
US$163
getaroom.com
3,519 results
All reviewsmai taibeach frontplaza verdesoleil barhacienda restaurantbeachfront apartmentbuddy clubself cateringlagoon areaman made beachonsite supermarketprivate beachon site shopolympic poolfridge freezergames roomgreat holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I don't like whingey tourists, but I am now one as feel compelled to give my opinion on this place.....
It looked stunning in the pics, so I booked eagerly. However, our apartment was situated in what seemed to be the least looked after square! The swimming pool's paint was peeling with large rusty coloured patches. I'm pretty sure it's uninviting appearence was what prevented us from swimming. Non or the outdoors whirl pools or spas were turned on either.
There was no internet - you had to walk a fair distance to reception and pay 6 euros a day to use it there.
The supermarket was very handy and some things were well priced.
The maids cleaned the apartment and changed the towels 6 times in the week which was nice.
The "kitchen" was a teeny kitchenette at best! There was no oven, only two hobs and barely any cooking utensils which made it all a bit pointless. There weren't sponges or cleaning fluids, or a dish rack etc either.
The noise from the apartment upstairs kept us awake, I guess because the floor/ceiling is not well insulated.
The "entertainment" was cringingly embarassing! We did our best to avoid it at all costs. They say they have three restaurants, but all of them served exactly the same small menu. Which were over priced, and worse still - every dish I tried was extremely unappetizing. We basically ended up travelling to the north of the island everyday to get away from all the hideous tourists!
Hmmm.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2011

I visited this hotel in October 2010 for my honeymoon. I was unsure as to what to expect as I had read reviews saying that the food wasn't good and that it wasn't very clean. In terms of this when we arrived at our beach front villa we found that it was very clean and had a feeling of a home from home! We had booked as bed and breakfast but after arriving late in the evening we decided to go to the hotel restaurant for that night, which is where the all inclusive food is also served, I have to say with regards to this that the selection was not great and the food was not great, I am picky so I expected this but my husband who would eat anything said that he would also not be back, so I would have been dissappointed had I went All Inclusive. However, I have to say the breakfast was fantastic and we never had a problem. The rest of the holiday we went the bars and restaurantes that were nearby at night and we were never stuck for choice for lovely meals out. For luunch we went the the pool bar every day where the food was fantastic and there was a lot of choice, for both adults and children!

Throughout the holiday we also found that the rooms were kept very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful, and if you needed anything extra you could always ask at reception.

I also had read reviews saying that as there was no air conditioning you needed to leave windows open but couldn't at night due to safety. I would agree with this although although at this time of year it was not a problem at all and there was also security at night that checked the front and along the promenade, which I thought was good. I would also warn that we paid extra for the beach front which was right on the lagoon, which if I went back I would do again as some other apartmnets were facing a wall, whcih would have been dissappointing. Being on the beach front also meant that there was lots going on and you could always get a good spot on the lagoon!

I would also say that this holiday would be great for children, there were a lot of older couples and also young families but if like me you were looking for a romantic break you would need to be tolerant of the children and kids club that sometimes happens on the lagoon beach, which again in October was not much of an issue!

If I was to go away again at this time of year I would highly reccommend this hotel, with a beach front villa, however I would have doubts during peak months!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicstar2010
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I now been twice and i cant praise the place enough, but i can see that there is mixed reviews for the place. I think the reason is that most of the appartments are privetly owned and all kept to different standarts. I booked privetly, appartment ive been recomended and i wasnt dissapointed (beach front 69).When i will go next time i will stay only there.It was like home from home , but with an amazing sea view!! Everithing was clean , in working order and well presented. Also as its right at the bottom of the resort its very peacefull and got the best view.Very happy,feel sorry for people who wasnt as lucky.
Sands Beach resort overroll we found very plesant, and we would defenetly recomend it to anyone with little kids, as having small privet beach gives you a chance to relax without worrying about kid all the time(dont bother to take beach toys with you there is a box of them right on the beach for everyone to use). Also toddlers club is very good.
I cant comment on catering or servise,because we were totaly self catering and there are a few good restaurants in Costa tequise.
We went second week in January 2010,2011 and both times were lucky with weather 25c and plenty of sun shine.
I would like to say that its probably better to hire a car for the whole stay (i paid 120 eur) but it would save you a lots of money. Firstly, there is plenty to see around the island and if you take a bus tour it around 40 eur per head so if its 4 of you it gets dear. Also you would save 40 eur on transfers from the airport. And about 5 min drive from resort there is large SPAR supermarket with fresh fish amd meat counters wich is much cheaper then the ones near resort and also choise in small supermarkets is very poor.
From attractions on the island i would recomend texan rancho; plya bianca:and if you like to spend a day at sea go to puerto calero.There are plenty of boats there offering all sort of sea activities from fishing to lunch offshore (40 eur-60eur for a day).
About getting there: we flew from Birmingham Ryanair £300 for four, £25 for seven day parking.And Arreciffe airport is very good and compact.It takes about 3,5 hours and 15 mins transfer.
One Last thing : Its part of spain but not EU- DONT buy 3250 cigarettes- only alloud 200 (they only 2 eur a pack). i wish i knew)))
Enjoy your holliday !!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sandra88Shrewsbury
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Transfer from airport was no longer than 30 minutes. Grand reception area, very friendly, polite staff, on-site shop, gym, spa, selection of restaurants and pools, games room (including snooker table - 5 euro's play as long as you like!) and evening entertainment. Very large, clean apartment. Was very impressed with the hotel overall.
Would definitely visit again. When going into Costa Teguise centre, we would definitely recommend the El Maestro restaurant near the beach, the food was great, the staff were very friendly and the prices were low :)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We stayed at the Sands Beach Resort for 1 week at the beginning of January, renting a villa privately on the Sol Plaza. We had such a lovely time, the aspect of the villa meant we had the sun all day and the children's pool was just feet away leaving us time to relax. I can't speak for the interior of the other villas but the common areas of the resort were clean and safe and the staff friendly. The daily kids club was perfect for our boys, aged 7 and 3 and in the evening they had a variety of shows, for children and then later for adults. Costa Teguise is a gorgeous resort with plenty of affordable restuarants to dine and a lovely little square where they play live music with plenty of room for the children to have a dance! All in all, we had a great time and have just booked another two weeks in July.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family