“Family 4 generations , we thought a great hotel”

H10 Suites Lanzarote Gardens
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reading, United Kingdom
“Family 4 generations , we thought a great hotel”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I guess its getting a little boring in the reviews but this really is perfect hotel for a family holiday. We went on just a self catering basis, hubby refuses to travel AI so can't comment on the food. Apartments were all spotlessly clean , spacious and well equipped. Staff very helpful and friendly and of course the entertainment team were great at least my grandson thought so, so good enough for us. Lots of great value restaurants close by. Would I go back ? Just hubby and me , then probably , no!! as a family ? Absolutely.

Room Tip: No lifts, so ground floor if your using buggie. Adjoining rooms in request.
1 Thank maggs01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews but felt I must in this case. This is the best family hotel I have been to anywhere. The staff are all friendly and helpful, from the reception staff , bar staff right through to the cleaners and gardeners. I have read reviews from solo travellers saying the staff were rude, well I didn't meet any,I think how you approach them is how they respond to you. On one occasion I saw a little boy up a tree. A passing cleaner asked him if he was stuck and when he said yes she helped him down !
The entertainment staff go all out too, there seemed to be a lot of them working hard every day.
The food was some of the best I have had at an all inclusive resort, always plenty of choice. Of course it is not a Michelin star restaurant and it is bulk cooking but I think they do a terrific job. The waiters no matter how busy always stopped to talk to my granddaughter ( aged 2 ) which loved.
The apartments were spacious, we were in a bungalow which had the advantage of being on the ground floor, be aware that there are 3 floors and no lifts so advise the hotel in advance if you require the ground floor apartment, other people told us that they had been accommodated in this way.
On departing the hotel our transfer didn't show up and the receptionist did his best to sort it out phoning the company etc. he finally called us taxis and was all apologies even though it wasn't his fault. If the hotel manager reads this please thank him for us, I don't know his name but he was there at 6am on June 11 th.
All in all a first rate family hotel....emphasis on family if you don't have or don't like children then go somewhere else. The only thing I could find to criticise is the inefficient air conditioning in the dining room it only works on one side of the room !

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Diane W
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We went to this hotel as a family with my daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren at the end of May beginning of June. We can thoroughly recommend this holiday for families. The entertainment team were amazing and worked so hard. The shows in the evening were phenomenal. The daytime activities were plentiful and the children's clubs were amazing. The hotel itself was very clean, friendly and accommodating. The food was very varied and you could not go hungry. We would definitely go back and my daughter and family have already been twice and are talking about going back again. Great holiday!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side are quieter.
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Have just returned from this hotel after a 11 night stay. My wife and I took two children with us aged 4&5 and must say this hotel is the best we've been to for children. The anamation team are excellent and are always making sure the children have a great holiday. The shows that the blue team put on at night are also very good. The hotel is classed as a three star but I feel that it deserves to be rated higher because the whole hotel is spotless and the staff go out of their way to make sure you have a good holiday.
Many thanks all at the H10 for a brilliant holiday.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms have a large balcony and safe for children
2 Thank Mabelle2012
Luxembourg
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is the first negative review I wrote so I would like to keep it simple. We stayed in one of the bungalows and there were several instance of cockroach sightings in the room from the time we arrived.

The first one was in the bed (small one), the 2nd one was in the living room, third one and 4th in the bathroom and. several instances just outside our door. We reported these to the reception and the people did not even bother to say sorry. They just asked the cleaners to come.

I have a picture of some cockroaches.

I did not rest very well considering that we have a one year old which might be crawled upon by the cockroaches.

Food quality was not so nice either. I remember my wife complaining that The yellow part of the boiled eggs in the morning was dark which means that it has been cooked fresh on that day.

Would not come back again.

2 Thank WangwangLuxembourg
Direccion_LGardens, Director General at H10 Suites Lanzarote Gardens, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor. We're always eager to hear how we might improve and we are already implementing corrective actions.
I regret very much that you did not received an apology from our reception staff, despite our customer service procedure, and I am very sorry for not meeting your expectations regarding the food.
According to law we have a system for the control of pests which includes regular treatments and inspections in food/public areas and apartments.
However we fully understand your discomfort, and I'm sure we could have handled the situation in a more efficient manner.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences.

Iris Berger
Manageress
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have just returned from lanzarote gardens and would highly reccommend it to any family .The Staff are so hard working and always a friendly smile for everyone .Even though our children didnt take part in the kids clubs ,the animation team are top class and had excellent shows every evening .Our apartment was perfect and immaculate .We were self catering so i cant comment on the food but did have lunch some days and was good .My parents in law stayed too and said they would stay again also .I celebrated my birthday there and that evening there was a knock at the door with one of the staff handing me a chilled bottle of Cava and a card !!! Thanks for a lovely holiday Lanzarote Gardens .

3 Thank marylizt
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Well Blue Team, I promised a review so here it is......what an amazing holiday, myself, hubby and two children aged 7 and 5 had an amazing time. The hotel was lovely, good food, so clean (its the first holiday I have ever had where I haven't had to clean the room). The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and the pool area brilliant. The hotel is situated in a brilliant location, just 20 mins from airport in taxi, costing 20 euros one way, brilliant, and the lovely beach is just a short walk over the road from hotel.

This hotel is definitely for families, Blue Team you are awsome.......its the first time our children have ever wanted to go into kids clubs and they couldn't wait to get there.....we became very fond of you all, especially Kimberley, Nella and Reni and Luis and Pepe too. Even the adult activities were good fun....we had a spanish lesson, a sangria lesson and did rifle shooting.

If you want a fun filled, relaxing, happy, entertaining holiday this is definitely the place to go.

My children cried when leaving as they wanted to live there.....that says it all really, we miss it too, much love Mel, Tesh, Kian and Taya.

6 Thank Melanie P
#7 of 38 in Costa Teguise
Hesperia Lanzarote
Hesperia Lanzarote
#2 of 4 in Puerto Calero

Been to H10 Suites Lanzarote Gardens? Share your experiences!