Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Apartamentos El Trebol(Costa Teguise)
Apartamentos Sol(Costa Teguise)
smartline Ficus(Costa Teguise)
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
Los Zocos Club Resort(Costa Teguise)
  • Restaurant
Sands Beach Resort(Costa Teguise)
  • Pool
HD Beach Resort(Costa Teguise)
Great 4.5/5
3,602 results
All reviewspiano barpool areaall inclusive guestsevening entertainmentanimation teamcourtesy busplenty of sunbedsper daythemed nightsreception stafflarge hotelsalt watersteam roommini golfgreat holidayplenty of choicetennis courts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Just back from two weeks at the beatriz and want to go back had an amazing holiday. We arrived at the hotel late and were offered dinner however declined as our young son was tired and wanted to get straight to bed this wasn't a problem and the receptionist checked us in promptly. First impressions was wow and this impression lasted the entire stay. I was worried after reading some of the reviews on here don't be. I am quite a fussy individual however rooms were spotlessly cleaned daily by the maids and there was plenty of food choice goat and rabbit only featured on the menu once in my whole stay. There is plenty choice from pasta chicken lamb potato dishes rice dishes etc the sort expected at an all inclusive hotel. Our little one is only 18 months and he found something to eat everyday. Only complaint about dinner would be that food was not always labelled correctly and it didn't start until 7pm which I thought was quite late however wasn't a major problem. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the resort however the hotel runs a courtesy bus in the morning and afternoon if you don't fancy walking it and a taxi is between 3.50 to 4.50 euros. The staff were all very pleasant and made our stay very enjoyable the reception was excellent. There is free wifi at the hotel which a lot of people made use of however not me I was busy enjoying the sun. Our first morning I expected there to be no sun loungers left however was pleasantly suprised to find there was plenty the hotel has a no reserving loungers policy however during the day this is not applied but don't worry about early mornings. The hotel offers a pool towel service 10 euro deposit each towel but you get it back at the end of the stay and can change the towels daily if you want. We were on the third floor it was quiet which was good as our son was in bed for about half 9 each night. We upgraded to all inclusive and it was only 520 euros for the two of us for two weeks so was fairly cheap and well worth it. Would recommend the spa it is brilliant. Overall had a brilliant stay here and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012
7  Thank hdrummond29
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Where to start. On arrival we thought Wow. this place looks gorgeous. But after check in everything went downhill. Getting out of the lifts we were shocked at the lack of proper balcony height both in the halls leading to the rooms and on the individual balconies outside the rooms. Health and safety really is of a totally different level in Lanzarote. We had young children in the party and they are inquisitive and could quite easily had had a major accident. Not good at all. Family suites were of a decant size but our beds were both broken and our A/C was also bust. Nothing could be done. Food on the whole was excellent but the dining room times were to strict for young families and need to be revised. Lunch starting at 1.30pm is just to late and dinner at 7 is also a bit late for smaller kids especially if you are trying to take your time. The pool area was getting worn and dirty and the pool side filter system was a leg breaker waiting to happen. It was all broken parts that have just been laid back in the slots. The pool side bar and the food during the day was no more 3 star let alone 4 star. Awful. The staff numbers have been slashed and the whole level of servie has been downgraded. We spoke to 3 couples who had been before and all said they would never be back. The takeover by IPV has not led to better standards but actually worse levels of service. You cannot blaim the staff as they are doing their best but all in all this was a poor holiday for the money paid. The spa was also very worn and dirty with various stations out of order or not working properly. The gym was a joke with the major stations either broken or on their last legs, the running machine had more moving parts than a steam engine. A shame really because this is a lovely hotel which is just being left to go to rack and ruin. Costa Teguise is lovely however and we will certainly be back but never to the Beatriz.

8  Thank Gus970
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the hotel from the 2nd-16th of July. Having stayed in Puerto Del Carmen in a awful apartment the year before, our first impressions of the Beatriz were great. The staff at the reception were quick and efficient in checking us in to the hotel and told us everything we needed to know. All in all the staff at the hotel are amazing, apart from one on the reception who has a serious attitude problem. The bar staff made me and my boyfriend feel welcome and were always friendly and polite to us at all time ( especially the bar manager and the young lad who regulary works the bar of a night). The rooms were spacious and very clean, fresh towels everyday and bathroom was immaculate. The resturant was clean, except they really to have all counters open as there often queues for food. The food was not the best most nights as it did not cater much for english, however it was okay to eat when you found something you did like. The food for me personally is the only area that they need to improve on, maybe if they had different themes such as; spanish theme, mexican, english etc. Then there would be something for everyone. The only other problem with the restaurant was the dress code for the men. I really did not see the point in why men had to wear jeans when women could wear whatever they wanted, surely shouldn't it have been the women who need to dress conservatively?

The hotel could do with hiring more staff for the bar and resturant are there were long queues of a night at the bar, which left the staff struggling to keep up with the amount of orders coming in for drinks, and the resturant had the same problem with collecting plates; it took them a while to get round to you.

The highlight for me was the spa, it was amazing and always made you feel great after a long day in the sun. It has various kinds of whirlpools which massage all different part of the body and various saunas and steam rooms. Definately make the most of this if your all inclusive!!!!!
The pool was great, however it is cold so be prepared for when you first jump in, it is okay after a few seconds. It is a great size though and there are plenty of sunbeds around the pool area too. The hotel itself is about a 10 minute walk from the beach front, and there is a courtesy bus if you dont feel like the walk. The beach front is nice, plenty of resturants dotted about- definately try flinstones bar for a bite to eat. The food is lovely and really cheap too!!
Also be aware that the rep is not the best, she doesn't seem to have a clue about the resort, or about trips etc.. and also she is not the most helpful we did have one slight problem and her answer to my problem was "what do you want me to do about it". Now personally I expected a much more professional response, but it seems she simply does not want to be there. So dont expect much help from her, in all honesty your probaly better and quicker solving any problems yourself.

The entertainment however is not the best, they kept putting on this band called "Melody" and they were awful, cleared the bar each time. They did Abba tribute and a band called the platters who were both really good and a few gymnast routines were on and they were also really good!!
overall it was a good hotel, we had a great holiday. Lanzarote is an amazing place to visit. Definatley pay a visit to Puerto Del Carmen during your stay, it is much more lively which lots of shopping available.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tasha-physick
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Well, there are some good reviews and alot of bad ones, but, I've stayed in hotels with bad reviews and thought they were excellent. Horses for courses as they say, but, Beatriz... heres mine.

I like Lanzarote, yes its windy and does not get sun til the afternoon etc etc but, theres lots to see and do and if you just want to lay by a pool.... go to mainland spain, it's closer.

The hotel... Impressive from the outside, nice reception. Friendly receptionist and efficient. As for giving credit card details and charging to the room, I think this is normal and what you do in most hotels isn't it?

Room, large, bed comfy, bathroom nice & clean. Pull down bed for my daughter.... uncomfortable to say the least and no pillow! Room was on the top floor (6) and was tired, in need of decoration. No tea / coffee making facilities and they will provide at a cost! Safe, you have to pay for... don't know how much as I didn't bother. TV.... Spanish, German, Italian.... BBC World News in English only. Balcony, nice large nice view. All rooms have a pool view. Can't say there was any problems with noise although I do sleep through anything (clean conscience) as long as you turn the air con down to the lowest setting.

Asking for a pillow was my first guess there was anything wrong... never knew it could be such a big deal!

Half board... I don't like all inclusive and don't really drink much so its not worth it. Dinner, wear trousers.... but, sweaty men in singlets who smell like thay havn't had a shower all week and women in hot pants half way up there bum is acceptable? Trying to be something it's not is my impression.

Food, bland, lukewarm, recycled. Must admit, salad bars excellent. Thank god I like salad!

Manager of the waiting staff. Interesting chap... not friendly and fond of shouting at his staff in front of customers. However, if they had been my staff I think I would have been driven to distraction. Lets face it, all they had to do is clear the tables! Oh, and get drinks for those not on all inclusive.... and there in lies the problem. Never got an order right and more interestingly, when putting it on your tab on leaving dinner you never got charged the same price for the same drink twice. Unless of course they were trying to charge you for bottles of wine you didn't have!

Breakfast, normal stuff for a Spanish hotel. Don't expect English bacon and English sausages etc..... if you do and you want to complain about it then I suggest you holiday in the uk!

but, why oh why cant any hotel actually buy a toaster that actually toasts bread instead of warming it slightly or burning it if you put it through twice?

Entertainment.... not my thing.... If I want to watch bad Abba impressionists or magic shows there is a working mans club down the road. Did however try and get a drink there one night. Queue for an age, then confuse them by trying to tell them you have to pay for it. Gave up trying so just drank it and left.

Piano bar... same problems at the bar, understaffed, poor drinks and utter confusion at trying to pay for it! Otherwise, comfortable, relatively quiet despite being surrounded by empty shops... bit like the UK high street then!

Squash Courts.... no floors so don't bother. Mini golf... ripped up cloth on the floors... don't bother... big chess.... pieces missing.... volleyball court, never saw it used nor any Swedish naturists! Little play area looked ok, alas, I'm 45.

Pools... still trying to figure which one was heated. Sarcasm.... none of them were! Alright when your in but getting in was a challenge. Was nice to have a swim in the early evening before dinner but the local lifeguards courses going on in the pool was a bit difficult to get around. Oh, and be careful... do not walk on the grates around the edge of the pool... lethal. They are old and break. Please, step over them.

Lots of loungers. Mainly with towels on for for invisible people who seemed to go out for the day and think they could reserve them. Bugger it.... just help yourself, I did and despite a few dirty looks no one ever said anything. And please, no more complaints about things being blown around by strong winds..... it's Lanzarote.... it's very windy.

Tennis courts were ok and never had a problem booking one. Only used the bus down to town once. Driver was friendly and funny. Its only a 15 minute walk though or 3 to 4 euros in a taxi.

Car hire from the desk... very expensive. I shopped around before I went and got a nice Alfa for less than most were asking for an Astra.

Lifts, poor, but hey, using the stairs keeps me fit.

Asked about money exchange at reception.... they will but only at 1 to 1 .... mmmmm.... think not! £1 for 1 euro. No thanks.

On checkout, challenged the drinks prices. Desk manager was aggressive, dismissive and rude, so, so was I and demanded to see the hotel director and he knocked my bill in half. Can't complain at that.

Booked via Dawson and Sanderson and holiday supplied by Thomas Cook. Not even going to go into there cattle truck flights.

Overall.... I had a nice time. Like Lanzarote but certainly would not go back to this hotel.

Sorry Mr Beatriz, but you seriously need a facelift, some staff training and a chef that can cook.

Thanks!

Room Tip: Try a different hotel!
7  Thank alexanderthephotoguy
Reviewed 27 July 2012

On arriving at the hotel Beatriz I thought wow this looks fabulous! We arrived late at about 11pm and the hotel had left us a nice cold plate of food in the restaurant. It went down hill from there on. The room was very dirty, it looked like some had pooed down the side of one of the beds. There was hair found in the bathroom and the floor was very bitty. We were on the 5th floor but the lifts were terrible as they kept stopping and when new people got in they wouldn't always move again. My mum got stuck in there on one occasion. I decided not to risk the lift any more and spent the holiday walking up and down five flights of stairs everyday.

There were two pools, a Jacuzzi ,and a childrens pool. The pools were freezing but the Jacuzzi was warm, but even though there was a sign saying adults only it was full of kids everyday jumping in and throwing a ball around. I counted up to 10 kids in the adults only Jacuzzi everyday, and I could never go in it because there was never any room because of all the kids! There was a lifegaurd walking around and he could see the children in there but he didn't say anything to them. I decided to put up with the cold pool, as one of the pools was slightly warmer that the other one, but every time I went in there I had to get out because this pool was being used for waterpolo. The other pool was just too unbearably freezing to go in.

You could only get drinks during the day from the pool bar, all the other bars were closed during the day. The pool bar was not a pleasant place to sit so we didn't bother with it.

The hotel was extremely dark everywhere at night, the entertainments room not well lit at all. I was trying to write a postcard during the evening but couldn't see. There was a nice piano bar with brilliant musicians everyday but it was very hot and not air conditioned. The entertainment at night was very poor. You had to queue to get drinks in the evening, a waiter didn't come round to your table like in all other 4* hotels we've been to. We had to queue for 15 to 20 minutes every night to get a drink. Hotel is badly under staffed.

Quite a lot of the hotel seemed to be falling apart. I got part of the room door stuck in my hand and it just splintered off as I touched it. The spa was very nice although had lots of tiles and bits missing. The spa toilets and changing rooms were in a terrible filthy state.

The food was good but not enough staff in dining room. It took ages to order drinks every night at dinner.

This hotel was rated 4* plus by Thomas Cook but it definitely did not deserve this rating. The hotel would be nice if it had the appropriate amount of staff who did their job properly.

2  Thank Phoebe1510