We arrive at the Beatriz Costa and Spa hotel, excited. It is a beautiful glass fronted building with stunning indoor plants and a massive reception. First cleanliness: the hotel itself was clean but on first inspection of the bathroom there was hair in the bathtub so I gave it a thorough rinsing with the shower before I set foot in it. The room was nice and spacious with a nice balcony and towel/cosy drying rack out there. The view was excellent from the windows and the pools looked gorgeous. The actual beds were nice for the double, however it was two pushed together singles again. My bed was a camp bed which wasn't too comfy. The wardrobe door also had part of it falling off which was a bit dangerous due to nails on the other side. But I must say the three full length mirrors did give adequate room to be vain in. There was a cute little table and chairs inside, but the chairs had crisp crumbs all down the insides of them so my mum sen for someone to clean them, who came promptly. Next: food: usually my favourite topic, I think that they could've fitted more food in in the space that they had in that huge restaurant but they had a lovely fresh cooking thingaby where you watched your food being cooked. A little too much pork though. The cooked food though was nice enough. Dessert was amusing. None of the cakes had any flavour. At all. So there developed a little joke on bland food. The breakfast was nice, but had not enough to choose from again, and the chocolate cereal tasted like nothing I'd ever tasted before: European cereal is terrible! The lunch you could either have in the main restaurant like we did or at the pool bar. At lunch the restaurant was deserted. Still I found myself struggling. Why can't they just save the condiments for people to put on the chicken themselves! The food at the pool bar didn't really appeal either. Not all teenagers are in love with chips. They also served pastries and yoghurts and fruit salad. I sampled a pastry or two but soon gave up. The good thing was the all inclusive Pepsi was actually Pepsi. The food highlight of the week was the massive leg length breadsticks. Next: entertainment: there was an animation team, but they were away more than there, and although the mini club ran, the first day my mother had to intervene to start up a game of Petanca, which hen led on to a week of Sjoelen and Petanca and other things. The music in my opinion was not too loud. Daniel the new head animator worked incredibly hard to run most of the activities. The night entertainment was mediocre. Many of the singing duos weren't exactly brilliant but the African gymnast like people were good and the one other proper show. I was amused to see the same show I had sort of seen in fuerteventura just six weeks before with some animals. The photos were €20 though so I thought it was rather overpriced. They also had a games room downstairs with a ping pong table, arcade games. The best amenity was the free tennis courts. It was great to just grab a racket and play some tennis. Next:Service: the service was good apart from one mishap when we arrived with the lady on the front desk interrupting us twice by answering the phone.
All in all, I enjoyed the holiday, just some parts of the hotel weren't too good. Best part: piano bar and games room. Worst part: there were a few cockroaches hanging about the place so you did have to be careful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 346 Rooms - doubles and suites, all with a large terrace from which you can enjoy incredible views of the 20,000 m2 of gardens and the 2,000 m2 of saltwater swimming pools. Air conditioning, full bath, hair dryer, telephone, minibar, musical channel, satellite TV... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Expedia, Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Beatriz Costa Costa Teguise
- Hotel Beatriz Costa And Spa
- Beatriz Hotel Lanzarote
- Costa Teguise
- Beatriz Costa Teguise
- Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise