“Minor comments”

El Guarapo Apartments
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed in the El Guarapo for 1 week arriving home last night.Despite the complex being spotless clean.On the day of leaving they wanted me out of my room by 8.30am even though it said 12pm on the paperwork.Also there was no where to have a shower or get changed before leaving the hotel even though there was somewhere to put suitcases if you wanted to go into town.Also most of the reception staff times are strange(It's not open 12hrs) and its closed on Saturdays yet open for 3hrs on Sunday.Most places have someone there every day.
Nice hotel but be warned.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Arrived at the el guarapo on the 4th sept, reception wasn't open so had to the emergency number to speak to a lady who told us our room number and that the key was inside with a small bit of info we then had to check in the following morning we had room 22 on the first floor. I will get the moan out of the road first, we were booked into a superior room when on arrival you had a bottle of wine /water / flat screen tv and beach towels not in room 22 as I don't think it was a superior room and it had not been renovated Right that is the moan over. The room itself was clean but very dated it did need renovate ing the sheets were clean as was the whole apartment and everything you needed. The towels once again dated. The staff who looked after the apartments and the gardens where very good no issues at all. The on site restaurant was good I enjoyed the breakfast very much. The pool area was small but kept clean at all times bring something to lie on the beds round the pool are very hard and uncomfortable. The pool is cold. The wifi code you get is only one person code if you have 2 laptops or iPads with you only one at a time on the Internet. Unless you pay for another code. They try to get you one way or the other. To get to the main drag go out of the hotel and turn left about 40 yards on your left you will see a pathway take this path and walk to the end of it then turn right and you are on the main drag about 6 or 7 mins walk or you could go down to the seafront and walk that will take you about 20 mins but a nice walk. Loads of places to eat and drink. Try going to the Sunday market it is very good and very big. You can book a bus about 4 euros each or a taxi is about 20 euros each way. Overall a good quite week and I would go back to the same apartments.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor then you can leave a window open, don't forget no conditioning in...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alansouthampton
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I have just got back from El Guarapo and on the whole was happy with the complex for what we paid but I was very disappointed with it based on my first impressions as all the reviews I had read had been very good and so I was expecting more.
The room we were given was on the ground floor. It was a great size but there was a thin layer of dust on everything. At first I thought the room may have been cleaned a week or so ago but had been empty since then but when I got a tissue to wipe the dressing table it was covered in foundation so that didn't seem to be the case at all.
I had requested a higher floor when booking so my partner went to reception to ask could we move and I hoped this would resolve the issue of the dirty room but we were not allowed to move. From what was said, there were rooms available but they would not allow us to move as "it was a complicated booking system" I was very disappointed with this as there is no view of the pool from the ground floor rooms due to the plants and you could not leave your bedroom window open at night which you really need to as its very hot with no air con (there was a notice in the apartment warning against it to keep your belongings safe)
So for the first 30 mins or so I was on the brink of tears and could happily have gone back home BUT once I had wiped the surfaces down and started to unpack, I saw the place differently. The last few years I have struggled to unpack everything where we stayed but not here. In the bedroom there was a large wardrobe big enough to hang clothes for all three of us plus store all our shoes and suitcases along with a dressing table and bedside table. The large bathroom had storage under the sink and along the length of the bath for all our toiletries. The living area had built in shelves, a large shelving unit and a large coffee table for all our bits and bobs and the kitchen had plenty of cupboards and a large fridge freezer if you needed to store food. The beds and pillows were very comfy and the pool and surrounding area was never too busy.
There were a few things that niggled me as the week went on like a plug socket coming away from the wall and the ceiling light in the kitchen being way too low that my partner banged his head on it 20 times a day but like I said on the whole I was happy with it for the price.
We only had snacks on 2 occasions at the pool restaurant and they were lovely and very cheap so I would recommend eating there if you did not want the walk into the centre.
We did not rent the tv as it only had 4 English channels none of which we were interested in so check before you buy.
The wifi was ok for 2 Euros 50 cents a day or there is computer in the room behind reception that you can use for 10 minutes for 1 Euro if that's all you need.
If I ever return to Costa Teguise I would prefer to stay a little closer to the bars and restaurants but would stay at El Guarapo again if the price was right in comparison to elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try to get an upstairs room so you can leave your window open at night as its hot and no air con.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DJWMANCHESTER
ElGuarapoApartments, Director General at El Guarapo Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for your opinion.we are very sorry but as you know August is very busy month.I am sure if we had the possibility muve we did. We expect to see you another time of the year to make you happy.

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Staff at the apartments and antonios restaurant are delightful. Warm and friendly. Apartments offer good quality accompdatipn at very reasonable prices. Book early as they get full very quickly in the winter season. Antonio offers a regularenu bit also 'specials' that have to be booked a day in advance- like sea bass in salt, shoulder of lamb and chateau briand. Food is amazing quality for such a small restaurant. Very keen prices too. Apartments are well equipped Amd are in a residential area of the resort. Spar supermarket a short walk away.

• Stayed: March 2013
ElGuarapoApartments, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at El Guarapo Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at this apartment complex located about 5 mins walk from the centre of Costa Teguise. This is a fairly simple but beautifully kept apartment complex with a nice pool. The rooms and complext are carefully maintained and immaculately clean. The staff are friendly and helpful!!

Pretty much all of the other reviews seem to be in agreement... if you are looking for somewhere that is not too expensive but quiet, relaxing and great to stay, you are not going to do any better ANYWHERE!!

We will be back.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are on the 1st and 2nd floor, balconies are a bit more private. Rooms on ground floor...
2  Thank Joel M
Reviewed 22 July 2013

visited for the first time 5/7/2013 for 7 days. Very helpful and welcoming on arrival and throughout our stay. Great superior room with balcony overlooking the pool and gardens. Lovely swimming pool and pretty well kept gardens. Centre of the resort only 10 mins walk along a lovely promenade or 5 mins walk along a path through gardens at the rear of the complex. Having been to Costa Teguise on numerous trips in the past I can say that this small family owned complex is well run and we will definitely return again in the future.This small and friendly complex compares favourably to others in the resort at a similar price.

Room Tip: go for upper floor rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
ElGuarapoApartments, Gerente at El Guarapo Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear Customer

Thank you very much for your comments.
We are very happy you have enjoyed your holidays in Guarapo. The main desire of staff is that you feel comfortable.
We desire see you again on your next holidays.

Sincerely

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We spent 9 days at this lovely apartment complex and have to say it was one of the best holidays! Highly recommended for its location, apartments (big and clean), quietness, outdoor pool, bar & restaurant and a very very friendly staff. And, of course, for great price.

Room Tip: Ask for a superior apartment :)