2,299 results
All reviews quiet pool galleon bar animation team boulevard restaurant activity pool el mirador kim talbot premium bar main restaurant pool bar family holiday english bacon kids club tex mex great holiday plenty of choice football pitch
Reviewed 22 June 2018

This is the second time to Los Zocos and ninth to Lanzarote. We have five in our family and Los Zocos is one of a few that can take five in their suites rather than having to buy two separate rooms. The suites are very spacious and the large balcony means you could always sit in the sun throughout the day if you didn’t want to go out. The resort has two main pool areas and is nicely split into a quiet side and more active, musical side with entertainment. Both areas have their own bar and one has the cafe style food available throughout the day. In general the food has great variety for main meals with the choice of two main venues. If I had to raise a negative it would be that at peak times the restaurants get noisy and sometimes conversations turn into hand signals across the table, however, timed correctly and you have a very pleasurable dining experience. The staff are very helpful, quick to resolve issues and keep the whole resort very tidy.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LosZocos, Guest Relations Manager at Los Zocos Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

We read all reviews and take note of all guest,s comments.
We understand that all guests have different holiday needs and always do our utmost to cater for as many as possible.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a one week visit with my grandchildren daughter and fiancé. First impressions were very good . The apartment was large and well stocked beds weren’t comfy mine had a line of bumps down the middle. The surroundings were very clean and lots of bushes well tendered. There are 2 pools the quiet one the water is quite cold but the sun beds around are very new and comfortable the other pool is heated and is very busy with the children. There aren’t enough parasols to go around and lots of the sun beds are broken. The pool and the beds are chained up until after nine but it didn’t stop people queuing after 9. The main restaurants does all 3 meals breakfast very good, lunch and dinner was quite monotonous if you were vegetarian or vegan you would struggle. Didn’t use other restaurant went out. The drinks in the bar weren’t good especially the cocktails not one decent and each barman have a different version. Entertainment thought rubbish never known the animation team to mime. The hotel is situated at the end of the beach about a five minute walk and the main part of the town is about 10 to 15 minute walk. I wouldn’t say this is a four star hotel. Also if you want a quiet holiday don’t go here. There are lots of children which wasn’t a problem for us.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Have just returned from the Los Zocos and was generally very disappointed. There were good points, but were outweighed by the bad points. To start with the good points, the reception staff were very helpful and always did their best to assist. The rooms were very clean. My partner and I paid for the premium service (pretty much a waste of money, but Ill go into that later) and we used the premium bar at the quiet pool. We had an amazing service there from the chef and waiter/waitress, especially Victoria who served us for a few days. She was really efficient and very helpful. Please ensure these comments are passed onto her as my partner and I had a really soft spot for her. Now for the bad points. Firstly we paid for the premium service. Apart from the premium bar this service is a terrible waste of money. You get free Wifi which only one of you can use at a time so we spent forever logging in and logging out. When you did get in the wifi was not great at all. You supposedly received premium brand alcohol with the premium service, however it appeared that the bar staff didn't seem to worry who had a gold band or a normal one, they gave everyone premium brands. Again a complete waste of money. My partner went into the main bar at just past midnight to order a drink and was told all inclusive ended at midnight so he would have to pay, which is fair enough if that is the time the free bar stops. My boyfriend however pointed to his gold wristband and said does this still apply to premium members, the waiter basically just laughed in my boyfriends face which we both found extremely rude. Then moving onto the buffet restaurant, the breakfasts were lovely, however the hotel cannot cope with the amount of guests. Most mornings had to queue about for about 15 minutes, the bacon kept running out, it appears the chef only cooks enough for 3 people and then it runs out and you have to wait until she cooked some more, by which time your eggs had gone cold. The dining room staff were over zealous in clearing the tables. On numerous occasions I got a cup of tea, put the drink on the table and then went to get my break]fast, by the time I returned with my food they had taken my drink away!! On one occasion at lunchtime I put a bowl of soup down on my table and went to get some bread. When I returned to my table the waitress was in the middle of throwing my soup away. I can only assume as they cant cope with the amount of guests they are told to get people out of the dining room as quickly as possible. Most evening meals were chicken or pork and as I don't like either I mainly lived on pizza and chips!! My partner and I got so fed up with the evening meal that we went out into Costa Teguise and Pueto del Carmen quite a few nights. My next gripe was the hotel was advertised as being for families as well as couples. This is definitely a family resort and not one I would recommend to couples without children. Most of the entertainment was geared towards children, the main pool was very noisy which is fair enough I have no problem with kids enjoying themselves, so we thought we would opt for the quiet pool thinking it would be quieter. The "quiet pool" was generally filled with children and again I have no problem with kids enjoying themselves, so I think the hotel's take on "quiet" is definitely not the same as mine!
Very sorry to say Los Zocos but I will not be returning to your hotel or recommending you to any of my friends. I really think you should reclassify yourself as a 3 star, do away with offering the premium service for a fee as this is a complete waste of your guests money and class yourself as a family only hotel.

Stayed: June 2018
3  Thank Susan P

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I traveled just myself and my 4 year old daughter. I booked through Tui and read some worrying reviews after booking and I was concerned on what awaited when we arrived but I shouldn't have worried- we have had an amazing week away.

We arrived at around 1 pm on check in day (14th June '18) and although a queue for reception, we were seen quickly and informed our room was not ready but we could go for lunch and use the facilities. Check-in staff were lovely and friendly and spoke very good English. Advised check in was usually 4 pm but they are trying to get rooms ready by 2:30 pm so we should come back then. We were able to store our cases in a locked room. Our room was ready when we returned at 2:30 pm. I had emailed ahead of our stay to request a ground floor room near amenities as my daughter has a disability that can make walking stairs and distances a struggle at times. We were given a room very close to reception but on the first floor but as there was a lift available this wasn't an issue. The apartment was bright, modern and spacious and very clean. Our balcony overlooked the "chill out pool" and we had a kitchen/diner/lounge with TV with some basic UK channels (signal can be intermittent at times but we rarely used the TV) and a large bedroom with a very large double sliding door wardrobe. The bathroom was spacious and modern with a lovely walk in shower. The shower always had hot water available but did lack some power although was still fit for use. There was a powerful hairdryer in the bathroom also. It's worth noting the electric for the room only works if you put your entry key card in the slot upon entering the apartment but the apartment was lovely. Walls a little thin as the last few nights I could hear a baby crying in the room above ours through the night which kept me awake at times and the couple in the room next to us talking at times late at night but I'm not sure there's much that can be done about this. The apartments are arranged in three main blocks, three apartments high and almost in a circle around the site and amenities for the most part in the middle of them all. You're close to some of the amenities wherever your room is located it would seem. The grounds were kept beautifully clean and looked very attractive. . Staff were always working on site- cleaning paths, washing windows, sweeping etc. Apartment cleaning was basic every day, mopped but hairs and debris left on floor and beds scruffily made but we really only used the apartment to shower and sleep so it didn't bother us overly. Wi Fi hit and miss, generally only available outside of the apartment but there is a dedicated Wi Fi zone too.

There's five pools over two areas, only one was mildly heated. The activity pool area was the busiest but my daughter preferred the chill out pool area and the lack of heated pool in this area did not put her off, she had so much fun in the pools. We inherited many inflatables from departing families and most of our holiday was spent playing in the water. We were generally up early-ish but always managed to get sunbeds in both pool areas whatever time we arrived. There is lots of reserving of sunbeds despite it being against hotel policy but as we always got beds it didn't bother me.

It seems Los Zocos is geared towards families, of varying ages but my daughter made lots of friends around her age. We met lots of lovely families during our holiday. Tui Kids' Club was great and the hotel also have their own run kids' club too (although we did not use it). Next to the Kids' Club cabin there is a sanded park open all the time and a soft play which is small but fun (open for a short time on 2 days during our stay but it broke up the week). There's also a mini golf area which can be used for a 10 euro refundable deposit. Lots to do and my daughter loved picking what she wanted to do each day.

Food...the biggest and largest selection of food I have ever seen! I'm not sure how anyone could say there wasn't anything they liked. At rare times, food was a little lukewarm but it never put us off (there is microwaves available) and we ate and drank so much through our holiday. The restaurant staff were always so pleasant and accommodating. We found a table with ease at whatever time we ate and the team would work hard to clear tables, floors and mess quickly and were so friendly with my daughter. There is another restaurant which is open for dinner, this is located just outside the restaurant, take a left out of the hotel, walk past the supermarket and you'll see it- this was a smaller but different variety of world food that was very enjoyable. The pool bars was bar service and this was quick and friendly. The activity pool has snacks during set times through the day which was always nice. We definitely got our money's worth on the All Inclusive!

Hotel is in a great location, lots of shops right next to the hotel and the sandy beach is less than five minutes walk away. Beach is surrounded by very reasonable cafes, bars etc for the change of scenery. Lots of excursions available locally but it is cheaper to buy these through the excursion shops just outside and around the hotel rather than through Tui but we had so much to do in and around the hotel we didn't do any extra trips or excursions.

My daughter enjoyed mini disco every evening and we have come away with the songs and actions from disco in our heads. Some of the entertainment facilities such as sound system and screen could do with an upgrade but it didn't affect my daughter's enjoyment so that's just being a bit picky. The entertainment team worked hard to get all children and adults involved each day and had endless energy.

Weather can't be controlled by the hotel but generally weather was windy and cloudy in the morning but by lunch time it was very hot hitting mid twenties with a nice breeze. Lots of red, burnt and peeling people looking back at us through our holiday so don't get caught out by the cloud and wind!

I would happily recommend Los Zocos to any family- we have had a wonderful week and made some very special memories. I have a very happy little girl who says she has had the best holiday ever- thank you Los Zocos!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Emma12As

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

6th time visiting this fabulous hotel

The hotel provides 2 bedroom apartments with an all inclusive basis.
The hotel is continually investing,this year they have added an enclosed outside area from the restaurant.
The animation team has all changed from our last visit apart from Jack, the team is fairly new but they are doing an absolutely astounding job and work tirelessly to ensure you have the best holiday.
You would find it hard to beat the food choices, lots of options for breakfast,lunch and dinner.
Roll on our next visit.