“Decent Discount Break” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
London, United Kingdom
“Decent Discount Break”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel during half term in Feb. It was a last minute booking and we got an all inclusive package for a very reasonable rate.

The rooms are tired but reasonable for the price. We stayed in room 208 which had a balcony over looking the smaller pool. As other people have mentioned, you can hear the music/terrible karaoke from the local bars on an evening till around 4am. If you are a light sleeper, I would recommend a room near the sea.

The hotel serves food from a buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food was ok but nothing special and was a bit repetitive. Again for the cost I can't complain. There are a couple of very nice restaurants locally which I would recommend you try out.

All inclusive drinks are served all day until 10pm when the bar is cash only. The draft lager was San Miguel and the house wines were pretty decent. Sometimes it could take a while to get served at the bar as the staff seemed to overworked, the same person would be covering the restaurant and the bar.

Although we had an all inclusive package we still had to pay for the safe and access to the TV. Safe was 20 euros and TV was about the same for a week.

Although I probably wouldn't return to this hotel, I do feel that for the amount we paid it was satisfactory.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kevin M
Blue Sea H, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about us, and we are pleased to know that you liked the quality/price ratio.

Best wishes.

Customer Relations Manager for Lanzarote

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

after reading some of the reviews I was a tad worried as I was expecting the hotel from hell. Glad I did not listen,
First of all I am not buying this apartment I don't care if cracked tiles have been replaced with a different shade in the apartment, the fact the were repaired or small chips filled was good enough for me.
Every day the pools were clean, was in room 303 and watched him do it every morning but please remember this is Lanzarote its windy and things get blown in.
the breakfast, was good I loved the sausages and pancakes, the bacon was more like streaky, there was two kinds of eggs and continental alternative was a there cereal, the toaster was a wee bit of a let down as it was a basic two slice home toaster. The orange juice in the morning was not to my liking, but I just and a orange instead
Lunch there was always three choices of hot dogs burgers and then a fish chicken or beef dish depending on the day a small but adequate salad bar with cheese and ham and all the trimmings, there was also ice cream some puddings and fruit, getting tea and coffee was at time a little trying as there was sometimes a lack of cups or a queue for the coffee machine that also supplied the hot water for the tea.
again dinner there was always three choices, some night we did have to queue to get in the restaurant and we had to do this twice in the morning but we did not wait for long. But this was not helped by people not clearing there plates the staff Qing and the girl in the orange t shirt and guy in green worked hard trying to clear tables take dishes to kitchen replenish cup dishes and cutlery serve the bar and clear the tables and re set them, this is not a silver service restaurant, would it kill you to put your plate on the trolley when your done , one woman had the gall to dump her used plate on our table,
If you were self catering there is plenty of spars and superdino I saw French bread sticks for about .80c they did not look over priced and not far from the hotel the Chinese restaurant at the top of the street (21 century) was worth a try 4 of us four beers all you can eat and peach snaps at the end of your meal complementary cost us just under 40 euros.
this is a very pleasant budget accommodation, with it being February I don't think they had any entertainment, or children's club, on our second last day there was archery and our last day shooting, but that was it, but this might have been the time of year.
we were All inclusive, eat out only one night non of us were sick or had upset tummy's .

Room Tip: we were in room 303 the bedroom over looked the La viva loco and the shamrock and abby road our last...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank smashedsanny24
West midlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Me and my partner stayed here last week I'm just glad I didn't take my children. I asked for a sea view which I got and was happy with but the room itself was disgusting. There was large rude drawing on the bedroom cupboard, the bathroom was filthy, hairs in the bath and on the floor, dirty uncleaned toilet, and toothpaste splashes over the mirror and tap. I went to the local spar and bought my own cleaning products and gave it a good scrub before we used the bathroom it was disgusting. The pillows were lumpy as though they were stuffed with cotton balls (really bad) and the bed was two single beds pushed together to make a double! It was freezing cold and the windows didn't lock.this was room 241. We payed for English TV I would advise anyone not to bother! I don't know where the channels come from but it's nothing I have ever seen and half of them you cant get a signal absolute crap! However there are free German channels and also a chill out area that looks really nice on the hotel pictures but don't get your hopes up English are not allowed in only Germans!. The food is nasty you walk in hungry and sit at your table not wanting to eat, the restaurant has a horrible smell and made me heave. I don't think it's for the lack of trying.. They just can't cook. On the up side the pool area is really nice and the staff work hard. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear clients,

Thanks for your feedback, and we wish to convey our apologies for the inconvenience. We have taken note of all aspects mentioned in your review, and we shall do a follow-up.

Best regards.

Travellers are raving about these Costa Teguise hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Went here with our friends in February for my husbands birthday. We shared a large two bedroom apartment. It had two bathrooms, good size bedrooms and a very large lounge with kitchen at the bottom. Our balcony had the sun all day, that to was great with very comfortable table and chairs. Its basic but comfortable and we all thought what we paid was very reasonable for this type of accommodation. Don't pay 2/3 star and expect 5. The staff where very friendly and nothing was to much trouble for them. Ok the cleaners where only giving a cat lick to the appartment, which is letting the hotel down the manager needs to keep them up to scratch. We only was self catering, yes basic but just ask at the reception nicely and they get what you ask for. Its a good base but I can imagine in summer the noise from the bars across would be noisy, it was out of season when we went and not a lot of people in the bars across at night so music stopped around one (thank god ). Thanks to the managment for the bottle of bubbly and glasses for my husbands birthday, lovely gesture.

1 Thank jillandroy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Not the best hotel but there's nothing wrong with it. The room wasn't cleaned much and the pools needs updating. But it's not one to avoid. Good location need bars and restaurants, 2 minute walk to the beach.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank VM95
Dear guests,

We appreciate the expression of your holiday experience, and we are happy to know that you spent a nice time.

Best wishes.

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

we stayed here in June 2013 for 7nights.Hotel was very basic but you get what you pay for.This was a budget holiday if you want to go and get a suntan whilst on holiday then this place is IDEAL!I WOULD RATE IT AS A 2 STAR HOTEL.The staff was friendly enough,from the reception to the bar/restaurant/cleaning staff.
The hotel didn't have a private beach but we used a neighbours hotel's beach which was ok.there was a small charge/day/sunbed.NICE swimming pools,not heated but very clean.We did enjoy long walks along the promenade/coast.we adventured on a bus trip around the island,exploring Playa Blanca,Playa del Carmen which I would say they are much nicer resorts than costa teguise.Next time we'll go to Lanzarote we'd definitely go to Playa del Carmen somewhere.
The food was continental buffet,not a great variation but a good value for the money.plenty of fresh salads and bean sprouts,fresh fruit,nice soups,but if you are a ''meaty type ''of person then I recommend eating elsewhere,there were lots of places to eat and drink nearby the hotel if you fancy a change in menu.
we went all inclusive but I recommend going BB or only accommodation and go eat somewhereelse.
for a great night out go to ''LA VIDA LOCA''-A BAR next door to this hotel,which is open till early morning with a live singer which is very very good and themed nights.
there are british and irish bars around the resort if you fancy trying on.
Bus services are very good,accesible and cheap.
we come back home with a great tan,it was a nice budget holiday,nothing fancy!!!
would we go back TO Lanzarote?yes but to PLAYA DEL CARMEN RESORT.there was a massive sandy beach,probably the best in Lanzarote!
Malcolm &Georgeta

Room Tip: just ask for a nice room by the pool with a sea view,they are better quality.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

On our arrival at the Bluesea we were met at reception by a rude, unwelcoming receptionist and was directed ina fashion to our room. Right away alarm bells began to ring when I saw the half dead bunch of flowers on the counter and the dirty blouse and shabby clothes on the receptionist. Eventually when we did find our room to our horror it was a sudio, small, dirty,smelt of urine with a little patio area looking on to a wire fence overlooking waste ground. We immediately returned to reception and asked for another room. Once again we were made to feel uncomfortable and was told we would have to wait. As we were all inclusive we went for a drink and again was met by another very rude young lady, who served me a hot chocolate in a flimsy plastic cup. We went to look at our new room which was an apartment and there was a works man there painting around the beds. As it was an improvement we moved in. On closer inspection we found it was dirty, smelly, discoloured towels and bedding and to our horror the bath was painted. There was cracks on the tiles in the bathroom and also the toilet was cracked. Everything creaked, all the doors and even the safe door. When having a shower your feet stuck to the bottom of the bath and that's if you were lucky enough to get hot water to shower. The wardrobes were disgusting, louvred metal doors, paint all chipped off and a horrible smell of urine. they were too dirty to unpack our clothes. The beds are the worst ever and words cannot describe the pillows. We were so cold at night,we were forced to use the horrible old blankets from the wardrobes.
This place is all for the Germans, they have the best apartments and the English get the crap ones. They have an area which is shown on English holiday websites but it is only for the Germans to access. Food was nothing special and the same each day. There was not enough staff in the dining room and we often had to wait up to 7 minutes for cups or plates. The few that was on duty were rushed off their feet and worked really hard. We often had to wait for a table while the Germans sat long after finishing their food, chatting and taking up the tables. This is supposed to be a 3 star hotel but I would say more a 2 star. The location is perfect and the swimming pools and grounds are lovely, it's just such a shame about the rooms. I learned its important to read reviews before you book a holiday and not be fooled by pictures.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and don't stay here.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Arizona62
Blue Sea H, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Much-esteemed customers,

We wish to say that we accept both good and bad reviews, and you can rest assured that our receptionists always wear clean clothes.

We appreciate your review, and we send you our best regards.

Customer Relations Dept.
Apartamentos Galeon Playa
Apartamentos Galeon Playa
#14 of 38 in Costa Teguise
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,622 reviews

Been to Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach? Share your experiences!