“Worth a try”

Ranked #37 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
devon uk
“Worth a try”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Myself and my 13 year old boy stayed here for a 4 night break over half term. All inclusive.. Paid £506.
Nice and close to a sandy beach with a stone build breakwater so good for swimming and snorkelling etc.. Take the crusty bread ends from the restaurant to attract the fish.. Good fun.
Our room was clean and tidy although we did upgrade from a ground floor room around the back to a top floor room at the front with sea views etc at about 40 euros extra. 3 other people I talked to had done the same so I wonder if this is a trick they used to get a bit more money out of us ?.
The restaurant had a very nice open feel to it and was very clean, the food was very repetitive but that said it was always hot and there was a decent enough selection.. The red wine was not great but the white was nice.. The main pool bar was ok and if you were staying around bar to drink you could get pint glasses sometimes and the lager was nice enough..it said 'San Miguel' on the pump but I'm no expert on wether it was or not.. There was a guy by the chill out area serving cocktails at 4 euros each which was a nice little touch, ok an extra expense but still the ones I tried were very good..
The pools were cleaned everyday but not heated, therefor braver souls could enjoy them but not for long periods as they were a little cold still. There was a kiddies pool,again not heated.
The staff in General were very friendly and helpful and always had time to say 'olla'.
The reasons this hotel would not get a higher rating from me is due to just a few things..
The bars stop serving all inclusive drinks at 10pm so you have to pay after this time. I'd have expected at least another hour..
There are two chill out areas, both with rattan chairs and sofas ect.. The one for 'us' is quite far from the pool bar but another is closer, but get this..it's reserved for 'Germans' only ! Something I find absolutely appalling in this day and age..
All in all we had a great time and the surrounding area is bustling in the evenings but not rowdy, just little tapas bars etc and singers in the square etc.. I'd not hesitate to return here but I'd reserve a set room (we were in 336) to be sure of a sea view, but also it was a twin room with single beds..and I'm not sure if doubles were available..

Room Tip: No heating or aircon in our room, but we were there at a decent temp so it worked out fine for us...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ade L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. All are friendly, helpful and very hard working
The restuarant staff need to cover the bar at same time which must be difficult but are always cheerful. Daniella and Dionnic have a great attitude and try hard to make your stay more enjoyable with various activities. Food was good. People were certainly eating plenty of it. No real entertainment in hotel but plenty places nearby. Chill out area very useful with great views

Room Tip: All very similar 100 to 120 pretty quiet
2 Thank King12345_13
Blue Sea H, Gerente at Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your rewarding review, we take pride in that our staffs number 1 priority are our clients and therefore they always try to enhance our guests holiday experience. We will pass on your positive feedback, thank-you

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

After reading reviews I was a bit sceptical about coming here but we had already booked and paid for it! (We never really take note of reviews anyway as I think it is totally based on personal opinions- but here is what I think)...

The hotel is in a great location, less than a 10 minute walk from the beach, there are loads of shops, bars and restaurants around. It is around 30 minutes from the airport, and about an hours bus journey to Puerto Del Carmen which is a good day out (and night).

When we arrived around 12pm we found the receptionist friendly, and were shown straight to our rooms. The rooms aren't the best I will admit that but I don't go on holiday to sit in my room all day, as long as it has a bed and a bathroom it's fine. There are two pools which are a decent size and were fairly quiet (we did come in may though) yes the water is cold but isn't that what you want after sitting in the sun?! The pool area in general was clean and tidy.

On our first day we met two of the reps, Dionnik and Danielle who we later became friends with, throughout the week we played a variety of games with them and they always made sure we were having fun, they are also fun out of work too! Our holiday would not have been the same without them.

The food isn't amazing, in fact we ate out most of the time, there isn't a great deal of choice and its not always hot, I would stay here again but I would go self catering, I think all inclusive is only really beneficial for the drinks! We only went to Manhattan bar at the hotel one night and we already knew that all inclusive stopped at 10pm which I know some people weren't happy about, but we didn't mind- It is cheap enough to drink out anyway.

At reception there are loads of leaflets with information about days out in them, one day we decided to book the Adventure buggys, we just asked reception about it and they made the call and arranged for the transfer to and from the apartments- very helpful!

All in all I think we had a really good deal with what we paid for this holiday, I would definitely recommend the location, even the hotel but like I said, If i were to go again I would go self catering!

P.s only expect 5* if you pay for a 5*- your holiday is what you make it and we had an amazing time!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Lauren B
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Just stayed for 5days ! Cheap and cheerful ! What you pay is what you get ! Sun beach beer ! Perfect location right on beach ! 10 mins from airport !food was ok ! You won't starve ! Pently of bars and restaurants cheap to eat out etc

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Wazza s
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to give us your feedback.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Hotel is all right in a pretty good location if you're wanting to stay in Cost Tequise. Asked for a top floor and beach view and sadly got neither, you can pay to upgrade when you get there though for beach view. You also have to pay to hire a safe, kettle and hair dryer which you get partly back. You can also upgrade to all inclusive for the day/week it was 12 euros for the day which was worth it the amount we used the bar you can get 2 small drinks at a time per person but the food is pretty crap, not much choice for veggies at all every thing is pretty basic and I found that the beds were not the comfiest. Two pool not the biggest, a pool table near each. By chill out area there is lovely four posters beds and loungers but the larger part is restricted to only certain people that booked with one company. They also have a sauna and activities on daily, If you want a good deal and want a cheaper relaxing holiday away it's pretty perfect I'd advise self catering though.

3 Thank 977Coco
Sale
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Just returned back from a weeks holiday in the Bluesea Apartamentos – Costa Teguise Beach.
I would like to give you my honest opinion:-
The Hotel is situated in an ideal location, close to a sandy beach and near to shops and lots of Restaurants. The apartment was basic, but clean. The members of staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. The two pools were quiet and tranquil. The breakfasts were o.k.
The bad points, however, in my opinion, was the fact that drinks were only served to all inclusive customers until 10.00 p.m., after which you had to pay for any after this time. I have never, in all my years of visiting all inclusive Hotels, experienced this out dated rule!
Secondly, oh dear……….the food was well below standard – in as much as there was very little choice and the presentation was poor ……….. The deserts were very repetitive and basic. In fact, dined out at the local Chinese Restaurant three times during our stay.
Personally, wouldn't recommend all inclusive.........maybe - accommodation plus breakfast, as there were plenty of Restaurants to chose from within walking distance.

Elliegib

3 Thank elliegib

Travellers are raving about these Costa Teguise hotels

Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

2nd time at this hotel, it is what it is for the budget. Clean but dated. Staff are great, views from the pool side are one of the best on the island. Food acceptable, an it's cheap to eat in the town

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

3 Thank Shantel T
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. I will pass on your positive comments to our staff.

We look for ward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Costa Teguise
#29 of 38 in Costa Teguise
Apartamentos Sol
Apartamentos Sol
#27 of 38 in Costa Teguise

Been to Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach? Share your experiences!