The reviews of this resort had me dreading my holiday and I am still vaguely amazed by what people expect if they are paying a couple of hundred quid for a week all inclusive. I will try to cover all the points that were worrying me as below!
Our room was basic and dated but functional and clean- if you want the ones in the photos pay for the room upgrade, as advised on the website and by reception when you arrive (if they are not fully booked). It would have been a nightmare for self catering though, two ceramic rings only and no real utensils or crockery. The shower pressure varied but was fine and not a cockroach in sight!
The food was fine too (very good on a couple of occassions!). Breakfast was great with bacon, fried and scrambled eggs, beans sausage and tomatoes plus cereals, pancakes, pastries and fruit available every day. Lunch was my least favourite but still ok with hotdogs, bugers and chips plus a fish and meat option and a good salad collection, at dinner usually a fresh meat and fish dish plus 3 or 4 veg options, chips, pasta and bolognaise as well as loads of salad every night too. Dessert options slightly dubious but acceptable if you like jelly and flan. Icecream pots available all day. Some local dishes like paella and canaries potatoes also featured (yum) and chinese night on Saturday was good. It's not michelin dining but it's mostly tasty and well prepared- again what do you expect for 15E a day?
Staff were stretched but friendly (I love you Juan!!!) and we never waited more than a couple of minutes for bar service. Yes, the little plastic cups aren't ideal but it's all inclusive, that's what you get.
Pool area was clean and did get busy but I always got a sunbed when I wanted one. Expect the usual towel reservation war if you try to get in between 10am and 2 though! And yes, you can use the sofas and big beds chill out area! There is one reserved for certain clients from a german agency but there is an identical one on the other side of the pool literally 20m away, also with a great view and without noise from the bar.
The location really is the best feature, 2 minutes (slow) walk from the main shops and several beaches, no more than a 15 minute stroll to the bigger beaches and Sands resort if that's your cup of tea. It was a bit noisy at night if you have the windows open, Costa Teguise seems to keep going to about 3am but if this bothers you request a poolside room at the front, though again these come at a premium of 10E a day. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby, a big Spar just over the road or 'Dino' shopping centre a 10 min walk for better value.
We had a lovely holiday staying here and given how much we paid have absolutely no complaints- it really is what you make of it. The staff are really nice but human- don't expect them to be all smiles and giggles if you are rude to them they aren't slaves! If you want to find something to moan about then I'm sure you will, but we would return without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach is located in a privileged area of Costa Teguise, on the seafront, just off the beach surrounded by gardens, parks and close to the best shopping and facilities area. Costa Teguise is one of the main tourist areas of the island. It is a beautiful city that offers numerous sporting activities with golf course located between the volcanoes and the sea. The destination is also well known for its great beaches and water park. All the apartments are equipped with bathroom, balcony / terrace, equipped kitchen, safe, satellite TV. To make your stay as pleasant as possible, Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach has an outdoor pool , sun terrace and pool bar. We also provide customers with the All Inclusive system , free bus service to the beaches and shopping centers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Onthebeach, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach Hotel Costa Teguise
- Punta Jablillo Costa Teguise
- Punta Jablillo Hotel Costa Teguise
- Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach Lanzarote