“Great value, great location, what do you expect for the price!!!!”

Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach
Ranked #37 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Essex, England
“Great value, great location, what do you expect for the price!!!!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The reviews of this resort had me dreading my holiday and I am still vaguely amazed by what people expect if they are paying a couple of hundred quid for a week all inclusive. I will try to cover all the points that were worrying me as below!

Our room was basic and dated but functional and clean- if you want the ones in the photos pay for the room upgrade, as advised on the website and by reception when you arrive (if they are not fully booked). It would have been a nightmare for self catering though, two ceramic rings only and no real utensils or crockery. The shower pressure varied but was fine and not a cockroach in sight!

The food was fine too (very good on a couple of occassions!). Breakfast was great with bacon, fried and scrambled eggs, beans sausage and tomatoes plus cereals, pancakes, pastries and fruit available every day. Lunch was my least favourite but still ok with hotdogs, bugers and chips plus a fish and meat option and a good salad collection, at dinner usually a fresh meat and fish dish plus 3 or 4 veg options, chips, pasta and bolognaise as well as loads of salad every night too. Dessert options slightly dubious but acceptable if you like jelly and flan. Icecream pots available all day. Some local dishes like paella and canaries potatoes also featured (yum) and chinese night on Saturday was good. It's not michelin dining but it's mostly tasty and well prepared- again what do you expect for 15E a day?

Staff were stretched but friendly (I love you Juan!!!) and we never waited more than a couple of minutes for bar service. Yes, the little plastic cups aren't ideal but it's all inclusive, that's what you get.

Pool area was clean and did get busy but I always got a sunbed when I wanted one. Expect the usual towel reservation war if you try to get in between 10am and 2 though! And yes, you can use the sofas and big beds chill out area! There is one reserved for certain clients from a german agency but there is an identical one on the other side of the pool literally 20m away, also with a great view and without noise from the bar.

The location really is the best feature, 2 minutes (slow) walk from the main shops and several beaches, no more than a 15 minute stroll to the bigger beaches and Sands resort if that's your cup of tea. It was a bit noisy at night if you have the windows open, Costa Teguise seems to keep going to about 3am but if this bothers you request a poolside room at the front, though again these come at a premium of 10E a day. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby, a big Spar just over the road or 'Dino' shopping centre a 10 min walk for better value.

We had a lovely holiday staying here and given how much we paid have absolutely no complaints- it really is what you make of it. The staff are really nice but human- don't expect them to be all smiles and giggles if you are rude to them they aren't slaves! If you want to find something to moan about then I'm sure you will, but we would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: there were some reported break ins recently to ground floor so maybe request 1st floor so you can ke...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JSB17
Blue Sea H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear guests,

We were extremely pleased to read your detailled and honest review and for this we would like to thank-you. It is pleasing to see that our clients´realistic needs and desires are being met and that when reviewing our complex, clients take into consideration the quality/Price relationship.

Thank-you for stating that you would return without hesitation, we look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Polish first
Mauchline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I TOTALLY could have burst into tears when i saw the apartment, nothing like the pictures of where i had imagined we would be staying in the 21 weeks prior to us arriving in costa teguise after we booked to go IT was our 1st holiday in 23 yrs due to work commitments. The crushing disappointment made me want to get on the next plane home. I didn't actually unpack anything for a day and a half , couldn't face it,, Very poor standard,the broken sofa, kitchen units crumbling,rusty tap, missing extractor fan, only half a ring worked out of the two on the cooker, not handy for self catering,no plugs in sink, basin or bath which had been painted over. The brick hard twin beds instead of double which had a hair that wasn't mine in it,The pictures had shown towels folded into an elephant and a swan, the reality was far removed..peeling paint ,torn black out curtains and loose wooden peeling spares on balcony. the rest of the hotel and pools were clean .the seating area with the lovely big cushioned sofas and parasols looking out over the ocean was cordoned off for people with a special code to get in a locked gate , it was empty most of the time. Had visualised us sitting there with a cocktail but sadly NO. the reception photograph was enhanced too in my opinion, again not a true reflection on what is actually there, clearly for pictures only !!! Everything that made us choose this holiday was either none existant or not accessible. we looked up the web page again on returning home just to check what was meant to have been our dream holiday and yes the beautiful pictures are there ,shame that's not really what you get at all when you go.... my pictures tell a very different story and i took plenty of them as family and friends would not have believed it. will send these in if it saves someone else the awful experience. sorry low cost but you got this one wrong. you were recommended to us through friends who use you , they've Always been lucky with all their trips via you, alas not us on this occasion. .costa teguise its self was absolutely stunning, that was our only saving grace , beautiful food everywhere we ate out, which by the way, Was All The Time. We Will go back but never again would we set foot in the apartments of blue sea beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

4 Thank Donald M

Travellers are raving about these Costa Teguise hotels

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

far too many negative reviews for my liking re blue seas
my daughter and I have had a fantastic week superb service from start to finish,very helpful jordi and isi on reception could not have been more helpful in making sure that my daughter and I enjoyed our holiday.
our accommodation was a 1 bedroomed apartment 226 facing reception , quiet clean and comfortable, very comfortable beds some appliances you may need to hire do eg kettle hairdryer.
with reference to the german section of the pool area there is an identical section oppsosite that is open to the rest of the guests all of the pool area and pool bar provide a superb view of the sea .buffet style restaurant provides ample food for most tastes.
my only dissapoitment was our fellow Englishmen saving sunbeds with their towels and disappearing for long periods at a time ,have no concerns when booking here very good value for money superb location in costa teguise book with confidence enjoy your stay wifi is free in reception area but you have to pay for wifi in your room

Room Tip: any apartments beach side of reception
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank lee b
Dear guests,

We would like to thank you for letting other travellers know about the wonderful experience you had with us here at our complex. Our staff always strive to ensure that our guests have a satisfying and fulfilling holiday, we will pass on all your positive comments to our staff.

Once again thank-you for taking the time to review our complex and we look forward to your return to Lanzarote and the Costa Teguise Beach.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I wouldn't say 2 star I wouldn't expect 2 star to be so clean and with such nice apartments . My friend booked and paid I would never normally go 2 star and was shocked when she said it was I thought more 4 star ! Showed me I'm a bit of a snob but also how wrong I was ! I'm takingy kids as soon ad I can .. they have football tennis table tennis pool scooba diving in pool shooting activities etc etc every day my boys will love it ! Food repetitive but so much you can have something different daily even if its the same choice you could have a different meal every day from that choice ! The local square is amazing and 5 min walk to all shops clubs casinos restaurants and all very cheap ... Deffo go don't doubt this as I would have done bit thank god my mate took control ! Want to go back now !

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank lesleypoo
Dear guests,

Thank-you for your positive review and we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay so much, you would like to return with your family. We are always pleased to hear that our guests have enjoyed their time with us and we are looking forward to your return.

Greetings from Lanzarote
Hampshire
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Came here in October 2013- upon check in we were given a very basque explanation about breakfast/bar and how to get to our room. When we finally found our room we had difficult actually getting in the door because the lock was so old. Once inside we found 2 single beds poorly pushed together to make a double- standard in most hotels but not when they at completely different heights! Plenty of clothes storage in the room but the bathroom was horrible- broken shower curtain rail, very pathetic shower- and you has to compete for water with next door! Patio door lock broken which linked to the hallway so we ended up using the broken pole to secure- reported his to reception but nothing was done.
Food was average- clearly didn't know how to cater for a wise range of guests from around the world- the smell alone was off put trig so barely are at the hotel- not what your meant to get from an all inclusive holiday.
Staff were on long shifts all day and seemed tired yet still manage a smile.
There was a gated area at the hotel which viewed the sea, however his only seemed to be for German guests- asked 3 different receptionist about it- we were given a glad code the first two times then finAlly told it was for German guests only!
Overall it was not what was advertised and not very clean!
Would not return!

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Nicola7594
Dear guests,

Thank-you for submitting your review, although we would like to point out that this review was written this month, concerning your stay from over 9 months ago, therefore it would not be fair to call this an accurate reflection of what our complex is like at this present time. In any case we would like to clarify that there are two chill out areas in our complex, one for those clients of any nationality, that wish to book through a certain tour operator at an extra cost and another available to all our clients free of charge.

If you wish to visit us again, you will be able to verify the changes made in the last nine months and therefore be able to write an updated review of your experience.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here for 15 nights and after reading the reviews we found it much better than expected. The pool area was nice, they got new sun loungers during our stay which were good and the pool was always clean, maybe a bit cold at times! The rooms are clean, the cleaner comes every 2 days and changes towels, we were all inclusive but our room had a kitchen anyway. The views at the hotel are lovely and the beach is a 2 minute walk away. The food was not great and if I were to go again I would go self catering, it was just very repetitive and dull after a couple of nights. However the local restaurants are very cheap and good value for money, we ate at the local Chinese buffet 3 times during our stay! The all inclusive drinks last until 10pm but sometimes it can be hard to get served as the staff are so busy, but they are always polite and helpful. Some of the reviews complain about the plastic cups but to be honest I don't see why that is a problem, the drink tastes the same! The local bars are good if you want to go out after the bar at the hotel closes, Saxos and Dreams across the road are quite lively and cheap drinks. The best part of our holiday was the people we met there and two of those were the entertainment staff at the hotel- Dionnik and Danielle, they really made our holiday and even after they had finished work they would be out in the evenings and made sure we were having a good time. At the hotel they do different activities every day, pool, darts, pistol shooting etc and if you are lucky and win you get one of their prized diplomas! Our holiday would not have been the same without them so a massive thank you to you both my liefje's!

1 Thank Jade K
Dear guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for spending the time in writing your wonderful review. We will let our entertainment staff know that they made your holiday, as this is always motivating for our staff. We are glad that we fulfilled your expectations and look forward to your return.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and I believe it was excellent value for money, the room was basic and just what we needed. The food was nice and a variety of different foods each day. The staff looked like they were working hard to keep everyone satisfied and the atomo sphere was lovely. Great sea view from the hotel and a very short walk to the beach!

Room Tip: Put your requests in for sea view! 👌
2 Thank Pearl D
Blue Sea H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear guests,

Thank-you for your honest and motivating review of our establishment. It pleases us a great deal that you felt that our apartments were excellent value for money and that you enjoyed the atmosphere. Rest assured I will pass on your positive comments to the relevant departments.

Kinbd Regards
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,673 reviews
Aparthotel Lanzarote Paradise
Aparthotel Lanzarote Paradise
#26 of 38 in Costa Teguise

Been to Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach? Share your experiences!