“Great Location”
Review of Celeste Apartments

Celeste Apartments
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed at the Celeste for a week in January. I had previously emailed to ask for a first floor sea view room, however we were given a ground floor room that didn't get any sun at all. The apartment itself was basic (but we usually holiday in Greece so we have stayed in far more basic accommodation so that didn't bother us) but very clean. The maids came to clean the room most days and changed the towels a few times. The beds aren't brilliant but we slept fine. The pool area was nice enough, we were in the adult block. It wasn't really warm enough to sunbathe though.

The best thing about the Celeste is the location, close to the square and not far to the beach. For the price we paid for this accommodation, it was well worth it and we would definitely return as we had a great holiday.

4  Thank JJaynee
There are newer reviews for Celeste Apartments

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I booked these apartments for my elderly parents. I emailed for a ground floor apartment and that was duly given. I also asked Barbara if I could email her my parents return flight tickets and if she would print them. Again,she did this: just excellent service. My Parents got back safely and said they had a lovely time, everything was so close by. It's Important to be in the town center if you have to walk everywhere and are elderly and these apartments are perfectly located. The apartments had everything they needed and they couldn't fault the place and want to go back next year. A big thank you to Barbara and her friendly team, 10 out of 10.

2  Thank Liana G
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed here 3rd to 13th of January.E-mailed weeks before arriving asking for a top floor room having read some of the comments on here.Arrived to be given a ground floor room in adult only block.It was like being in a cave.No natural sun light at all not even on the patio.Room was dated.The shower well that's what they called it had the tiniest trickle of water all holiday.Reported this 5days on the trot not a single person came to look at it.the only good thing was the highlands pub just outside the gate and the great service and nights of fun and singing received from Alan.It was freezing of a night .the rooms were damp and beds felt wet.Could go on and on but just want to say will never return to the celeste ever

Room Tip: Don't get a ground floor room
2  Thank angeandfamily
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This was our 2nd stay at the celeste, this time we were in apartment 323 on the ground floor. We had requested a 1st floor apartment but due to them being full this could not be granted.

Positives :
* close to beach and main square, shops and bars just outside.
* quiet apartment block very secure
* reception staff friendly and helpful
* quick check in
* the resident cats .... Yes really we liked the cats

Negatives :
* apartments dated, dusty and damp, worn bed linen and towels
* no heating it was cold at night when we were there and we hired a heater from reception at a cost of 16e for a week
* one English Channel on an old tv, I know you don't go away to watch tv but when it's cold and raining its nice to have the option
* inspect spray left out, we used this on arrival but still found a cockroach in the bathroom and so sprayed the whole apartment daily and kept lights on ( apparently their not keen on light )
*8 loungers but the pool which was empty while we were there due to poor weather but I imagine it would be crowded in peak season

Having stayed at the apartments previously I was aware of most of the above issues but it is in such a good location that we did go back but due to my fear of cockroaches and the damp dusty apartment we were given this time I would not stay again, I would pay a bit extra and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Request a 1st floor room - good terraces, limited sun on ground floor.
2  Thank Miapercy
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Just back from a week at The Celeste ( Jan 17th to 24th ) . We have stayed here before a couple of years ago. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment as our daughter and boyfriend were originally traveling with us, sadly they couldn't make it in the end so we had plenty of room ! The location is very central to everything, bars/shops/restaurants/the beach/bus stops he ''Square'' etc.
The cooking facilities are basic just a 2 ring electric hob, a toaster, kettle, microwave and fridge, with a tiny icebox. Cutlery and pots pans were all a bit of a mismatch but enough for 4 guests. Not sure how one would manage to cook a meal for 4 but we just did a bit of breakfast and ate out all the time, but you can get a cooked English breakfast in most bars for a couple of euros, so you don't really need to bother.
We had a nice balcony but it got little sun from early up to about 1130 and that was literally it
There was a shared pool with sun loungers around but far to cold for me to venture in, a couple of brave kids did take the plunge so not impossible.
The weather wasn't brilliant whilst there, quite windy ( that's usual for here ) but it was extra windy and a lot of grey clouds n the occasional but of a drizzle, but it wasn't particularly cold so better than England I guess.
Our hot water, shower wise was pretty poor, we managed. But if 4 of us had been there we would have defiantly had to report it to see if an improvement could have been made as it was literally a quick in and out so if either of us had long hair there would be no way of getting it washed , conditioned and yourself showered before it turned cold. We just boiled the kettle for pot washing and to have a morning wash and my husband to shave in, it wasn't no great hardship but like I say if there had been 4 of us it wouldn't have been satisfactory. We were in room 103.
We had plenty of towels and the cleaners kept everywhere both inside and out very clean and tidy.
We were left with a complimentary bottle of water and a small bottle of washing up liquid which suppose was a nice touch as on our previous visit this was not the case.
The room had a nice new flat screen TV but just about the only channel watchable was Sky news. But who goes away to watch TV? The Beds weren't the comfiest but I've slept in worse and never failed to get a good nights sleep. For what I think was 210 euros a 2 bedroomed apartment in the location it is a great value. We also booked resort hoppa transport before leaving the UK think it was £6.50 pp for the return journey from the airport to resort and vice versa. It drops off just across the road, 3 minutes from the apartment. If you wanted Wi-Fi it was chargeable in the complex but with so many bars/restaurant's all having it free it was easy to keep in touch with home free of charge through social media sites.
The best 2 places we ate at was an Indian called Fazz's down on the front near the beach near the beach near I think what was the downstairs entrance to The Barceló hotel and La Vaca Loca just down past the square on the main road. ( I have wrote reviews on both have a look).
Oh and if anyone has a 'Pandora' bracelets or likes Pandora jewellery there is a fab shop on the road leading down to the beach called Fund Grube It sells top quality bags. jewellery, swimwear and make up etc. Well they also had a 10% sale on all Pandora items I bought a basic little charm for less than £13 and another more ornate turtle one for £16 which in the UK are £20 and £25 respectively. They are real NOT fake. All the packaging and tags confirm this.
So enjoy the Celeste, its perfect for a cheap base with all basic amenities and would recommend it and stay again.

3  Thank caz1801
Reviewed 24 January 2014

stayed at these apts for one week 15/22 jan....first the good stuff....well they are in a perfect position for the ""square "" were everything is going on at night ,bars,cafes,craft market and music,close walk to the seafront and close to the bus stop if you want to get about. the apts were kept clean and we had clean towels and bedding on a regular basis also the communal areas are kept clean and tidy. we were in block 1 ???? we didn't take the first apt offered as it was at the end of a narrow corridor and faced a 10foot blank white wall..ugg so we moved to apt 107 a one bedroom.ground floor with small patio...... now for the down side.. the apt was VERY dark no sun on the patio the bedroom window faced out on to the outside walkway so lots of noise as people made their way home in the early hours so I wouldn't want to be in that bedroom when its very hot and you have to have the windows open... we did have up to date microwave,and kettle and cutlery and crockery for 3 people but the apt was quite shabby and the bed clothes sheets ,throws ect were very worn and tatty and the beds are VERY HARD. also when we had some rain there was no were for it to drain away from patio so we had to"" paddle"" in and out of the apt for a few days.. all in all I would say that the apts are VERY basic but clean and as we spent very little time indoors as we were visiting friends on the island we managed. I don't think I would choose to stay there again,but if I did I would stay on first floor in bigger apt and pay a bit more .....we did ask to be moved but was told that they were full... CHEAP... BUT FOR US ..NOT SO CHEERFUL .

Room Tip: higher floor is better and apt on the south side are getting all the sun
2  Thank Christine K
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have visited Costa Teguise 3 times this yr & we were booked to stay at the Celeste last holiday but got our booking moved last minute. On arrival we were given the exact room we had asked for sunny balcony with top floor & no children adult only section. We had room 322 which had a large balcony & a smaller one off the bedroom. Just one room apartment but we were provided with a kettle, microwave, toaster & basic channel TV our last apartment we paid for all of these as extras. This was a very clean apartment & we had it cleaned every other day & with fresh towels. So yes you could moan about the quality but we were happy we had ample towels for the holiday. The sink was a bit loose in our bathroom but we had plenty of boiling hot water all day everyday which other apartments did not. The kitchen I thought was well equipped. I am not sure I could cook a meal but our intention was to eat out with breakfast only 1.99 at El Maestro we could not match that buying from the supermarket. We were thankful for the toaster in the room as husband liked to get up early & eat before restaurants opened for breakfast which was normally 10 am I do think some were open around 9am. You really cannot complain about the location & the cleanliness it's the ONLY time we stayed somewhere & not been plagued by cockroaches! Last place was higher rating & did not clean our apartment hardly at all. We would definitely stay again I think apart 316 & 322 were good. Location to supermarkets, restaurants was the icing on the cake for us. No it's not 4-5 stars but it is clean accommodation. Fully booked our week so must be doing something right. Wifi is available 3.99 per 24 hr for 2 devices it's not brilliant but we just went to our favourite bars for a coffee & free wifi.

Room Tip: 316 or 322 top floor apart 316 has 3 balconys with sun all day 322 sun from 9-5
4  Thank Noelba