“Very Good Stay -- Standard Apartments ” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Club Siroco
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Gatwick
“Very Good Stay -- Standard Apartments ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a gorgeous, peaceful week long stay in the standard apartments at Club Sirocco.
We were two friends who just wanted to lie on a sunlounger all week! For this, this resort was perfect. When we arrived the room was clean and functional, the cleaners came in at least 4 days out of 6 and changed the sheets and towels. The food for breakfast was well varied and if u didn't fancy the full English there was a good variety of continental options as well as fruit and Yoghurts. Dinner was lovely. Hot, lots of variety and very tasty. We stayed Half Board so can't comment on lunchtime or daytime food. The staff in the dining room were friendly and helpful.
One note I would say would be to update their sun loungers with some newer ones as these ones tended to be a bit broken when trying to sit them to an upright position and sagged terribly in the middle!
The area it's self was very pretty with one beach a 5min walk and then only a 15min walk into the main bay. There were several supermarket/mini markets within a 10min walk to keep stocked up on water as well as branded foods and drinks! On the main beach there were plenty of bars and restaurants and nik-nak shops! Altho there was the bars and pubs it wasn't the MOST buzzing place (which was fine for us as that's not what we wanted) so if you were looking for somewhere with a bit more atmosphere I wouldn't recommend. We felt safe at all times though both in establishments and walking to/from our hotel!
A thoroughly enjoyable stay and for couples relaxing or friends just chilling I would defo recommend. There wasn't much in the way for kids entertainment or clubs neither were there reps for information however that didn't bother us!
All in all I would recommend and I would return!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank K891

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Firstly initial reviews on here were mixed but we can personally say that this has been the best holiday we have ever been on.
The staff at the hotel were lovely and extremely helpful nothing was beyond them including my boyfriend springing an engagement surprise!
The food and buffet for every meal was all lovely, well presented and thoroughly enjoyable for all ages and nationalities.
The accommodation was simple but comfortable and always clean, the cleaner must have visited at least 4 times in the week. However you need to bring a hair dryer!!
The pool area and bar were always clean and well stocked, can imagine it being very busy in the height of the season - remind owners to buy more pint glasses as only 5 in the whole complex!!.
Yes there is building work being completed but at no time at all can we honestly say that it affected our peace or tranquillity whilst sun bathing or enjoying the time we had socialising.
Overall we could not find a fault that was worthy of disappointing us on this lovely island.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 13Charlie69
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Left Club Siroco (Serenity Area) on Thursday 5th June. First of all, when we arrived on 22nd May, we had just missed the hours for the evening meal, but the very nice Receptionist said they would bring some food to our apartment for us. She gave us a map which showed where our Premium Apartment was in the Serenity area and once we got there and dumped our bags, we decided to go for a couple of drinks in the bar. When we got back to the room at 9pm the table had been set with two plates of cold meat, cheese & salad, two plates of fruit, (apple, orange, kiwi fruit) and two bottles of water. We have stayed at places before which handed us a plastic bag filled with wilted salad etc which had obviously been made up much earlier in the day – it was obvious that this food had just been made up. I thought this was a lovely touch.

The room was lovely – just like it shows on the website and after a great night’s sleep (too good, we just missed the breakfast time), we went out to try & get some food – great news – in the Pool Bar there was a server filled with hot items from the breakfast sitting, bacon, sausage, boiled eggs etc., so we managed to get a proper breakfast anyway. The Restaurant, Pool Bar, and the Disco (very small) which are in the main area are quite basic – but were fine. The food was very good – I am pretty picky and there were only a couple of meals where I had to resort to 50 shades of potato. Every day had fish or some sort of meat, together with a rice and/or a pasta dish, as well as lots of salad options too. Lovely soup every lunch and dinner time with lots of different types of bread and croutons etc. Breakfast was fantastic with the usual full English options together with another option of cold meat and cheese etc. The staff in the restaurant (Yurena especially) were lovely and welcoming you with a smile and didn’t make you feel anything was a bother. OK, so some of the time in the main Pool Bar, you had to go & find someone to serve you because they had to sometimes help out in the restaurant, but that was mostly during the day. In fact, all the staff despite seeming to work very long hours, were really nice.

The Serenity area also had its own Pool Bar, which opened about 12 noon until 8pm. A lovely little area which never seemed to be that busy. The Serenity Pool looked lovely too, but I only went in it twice because the water was freezing. If the sun shone on it all day it was just about bearable for a quick swim. The other advantage of our ground floor Premium apartment was it on our small terrace we also had two sunbeds which was great. Our room, (1124) got any sun there was in the morning until about 2pm. Pretty much all of the Standard Apartments got the sun from lunch-time until around 8pm. One thing though - the hair dryer in the bathroom has a very short curly flex wire, which made it difficult for me to handle so I was glad I took my own.

Entertainment – well I can only say that we went to two evenings where an act comprising of a guy & two females were doing all sorts of dances from different countries. Sounds crap, but it was OK really. Another night guy was singing rock & country classics etc which was very good. They also had bingo on a couple of nights – you get a free ticket and a cocktail stick with which to mark off your numbers and the prize was a cocktail I believe. The rest of the time – Reptile or Bird of Prey shows didn’t really appeal to us so we tended to go over to watch the entertainment in the Sands Hotel, which was pretty good – Jukebox (female act paying tribute to Diana Ross & the Supremes, Tina Turner, Beyonce, Donna Summers to name a few), the Platters, the Beatles etc. Enjoyed the great acts, but didn’t like the fact that it was waiter service only and we found that one person would take your order, another would deliver it and leave the tray with the bill and yet another picked up the cash and one more arrived with your change – in some cases a very long time after you paid. Prices were not too bad - 3 Euros for a pint of Magners or Strongbow. However, one night we went over with a couple of friends we made, who were drinking Vodka & Lemonade – their drinks cost over 12 Euros (2.25 per bottle of Sprite). I guess it is the price you pay for the better entertainment though.

Also there was a great little sports bar next door to the Club Siroco, where they show various major football & boxing matches etc., as well as doing excellent takeaways or so we heard.

The location of Club Siroco was quite a bit out of the main area, which some will feel is a bonus. It only took about 15 minutes to get to the main bars & shops etc.

The apartments are shown as a three star by Jet2, whilst they only have a Spanish two star rating. However, I would say that the ground floor Serenity Premium apartments are much better than two star and compare very favourably with four star accommodation we have stayed in.

They seem to constantly be striving to make things better - before we left we saw one of the latest apartments which had been worked on and it looked even better than the one we stayed in.

Would I stay again – definitely. Thanks to all the staff at the Club Siroco for a great holiday.

Room Tip: Serenity Premium is a must - we were given use of a courtesy room in the main area before we left...
9 Thank jan-car-1
Porthcawl, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Read the reviews, decided to book and for the money it was a pleasant experience overall. Located at the North End close to the beaches and a nice leisurely walk into town takes about 15 minutes. Shops are about 5 minutes away.

I was really worried about the mixed reviews seen on here and that is why I have been clear by stating my review is of the standard apartments and not the serenity area.

This was our first family holiday abroad and we travelled with our 10 month old daughter so we wanted somewhere that was close to amenities, clean and safe.

First impressions were slightly jaded, they are obviously gearing up for the real season so there is some work on-going in terms of refurbishment.

Reception staff very friendly on arrival and had provided me a cot. We requested a change of room from first floor to ground floor due to baby and pushchair access and they politely agreed. First view of the pool was a positive one as was what we could see of the bar and restaurant.

Walking around the yellow curtains with the sun blind curtains give of a negative view and the place could do with a paint.

Apartment.

The room was clean, was cleaned every other day, beds made, bins cleaned. Kitchen was adequately provisioned in terms of utensils again clean. Steel windows date the apartments but we were on holiday & we hadn't paid top dollar so can't expect somewhere that was on the cheaper scale of the spectrum to be amazing.

Room had an old TV, they charge you 20 euro's deposit for remote control. We didn't bother. Beds were firm but comfortable as were the pillows.

Bathroom, again clean, had a bath / shower, towels were fine, not luxury but functional, not worn and what I would expect.

No air con but didn't need it.

Food / Drink.

We were all inclusive.
Breakfast, a large choice of mediterranean, cereals, fruit, hot, bacon, sausage, eggs (boiled / fried), fresh breads and rolls with pastries.

Food I thought was good, fish was on most days and you could expect that after a few days it would get a little laborious with the same / similar type of food was on offer. I enjoyed it, eating fresh fish and salad for lunch and tea was fine by me. It was varied, you could pick and choose your meals to vary it but if you like meat/fish and salad you won't be disappointed. They did do pizza, chips etc but I wasn't bothered but it would be ok .

Beer pump (self service in restaurant), juices, coffee / tea and soft drinks available in restaurant. Staff take away your plate after you've finished with it. Simply go get another one for your next course.

Pool Bar, open all day, it wasn't busy and I can see that people have made comments about it not being manned continually but it was busy enough to warrant someone waiting around most of the day to serve a few drinks. All inclusive drinks include Amstel draft and then the cheaper side of the spirits market. Premium drinks were charged for. All inclusive drinks served in plastic cups and whilst I could see why people want to drink out of pint glasses DOES IT REALLY MATTER?

Pool was clean, cold, but we had an invariable weather week and I am sure if it was hotter then a cool pool would have been just fine.

On the whole it was a pleasent out of season stay so not sure how they cope with the place being busier. All staff were polite, friendly and attentive. Would I stay again, probably not but that's because I don't like going back to the same place but that's not to say I wouldn't consider it.

Room Tip: South Side are quieter and are a sun trap out of the regular northerly wind. They are also away fro...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Chris E
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Second time at the siroco in 6 months n once again they dont fail to deliver the goods. Food is good, plenty of choice for meat eaters-not so much for a veggie which is a little disapointing. They are in the middle of redecorating at the moment which can be a little noisy during the day.
The maids are fantastic and dont get enough credit for the job that they do!!
All inclusive bar is good, and luis the barman is a very nice chap. Cant help enough and all staff are very friendly. Pools are a little bit cold...but when your basking in the sunshine its nice to cool down!!
Entertainment is a little to be desired-the games are fun but not a lot of choice and in the week we were theyre they had 2 members of the entertainment staff change over. Bring back Leo....
Overall i cant really fault this hotel its what u pay for and u may even be surprised.

I will defo be going back to the Club siroco

4 Thank wallace2510
sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed at club sirroco for 10 days 10 th to 20 th May quick efficient check in. Paid for safe 22.50 euros plus deposit which is returned when you hand key back. Allocated 2 nd floor apartment very spacious we'll equipped if you only go self catering . My partner and I stayed A/L .choice of food good drinks plenty full. The pool bar in serenity sadly didn't open until 12ish bit disappointing but service by young lad exception ,hopefully the sirroco will get this sorted . I cannot believe some comments made about the hotel , staff friendly, cleaning service brill, they are trying to refurbish the hotel at the minute, so there is going to be a little noise, we didn't find this a problem, I would recommend the hotel ,and in fact looking to go back in September

Room Tip: We were given 2 nd floor apartment would have preferred ground floor in serenity adults however the...
10 Thank greeny01
Somerset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just back from a weeks holiday staying in the Siroco Apartments.
I will try to cover the good and not so good points about our experiences.
Firstly - we arrived late afternoon on the Monday - reception looked a little run down, there was brown paper covering the windows which presumably looked onto the sports bar (previous reviews have mentioned that it was possible to get to the sports bar from reception - this is no longer the case).We gave our names to the receptionist, who asked for our passports and voucher (booking form) and gave us our room keys, but totally forgot to give the passports back!! We later asked for a key for the safety deposit box - which cost 13 euros for a week plus a 20 euro deposit. We received a receipt for the deposit, but no key!! (blonde receptionist, with glasses)
Prior to arrival I had requested a top floor apartment, as these afford more privacy and stated that I didn't mind whether we overlooked the pool or the gardens - BIG mistake!!
Our apartment (324) overlooked the gardens, which meant the bedroom overlooked the pool.As Monday had been a long day, we decided to have an early night and went to bed just after 10, unfortunately the pool bar was quite close to our apartment and was occupied by a bunch of rowdy Brits who were enjoying the free beer (free with the all inclusive deal). they sat drinking and shouting until just before midnight. The windows of these apartments are single glazed and poorly fitted and thus the revellers may as well have been in the room. Also the room was bitterly cold. We had a welcome meeting with the rep on the Tuesday morning and mentioned the noise issues, the rep (Jodie, from Cosmos) suggested that she could see if a room swap was possible. after talking to reception we were offered an upgrade to an apartment in the serenity area, with a choice of upper or lower accommodation. This time we opted for the ground floor. The patio area outside of our living space was a few paces from the pool. The upgrade cost us 20 euros a night and was well worth it. The apartments are furnished to a high standard, exceptionally clean and fully equipped with everything one needs from a kettle and coffee maker to a toaster and a microwave. There was a flat screen TV, although the only English channel was Sky news! One had to hire the remote control for a deposit of 20 euros - we didn't bother, as it was possible to select stations directly from the TV and it stayed on sky news all the time we were there. The apartments had been modernised quite recently, the beds were comfortable and the room was warmer than the standard apartment. There were a couple of small issues with the apartment - there was a large gap between the tiles and the shower tray, which could cause problems with mould and smells as water from the shower would get into this space, this could in turn attract ants (there are loads of these outside). More worryingly there was a loose electrical socket in the kitchen area. All in all, though it is well worth paying for the upgrade.
The title of my review sums up the serenity area, it is serene by name only. This is an adults only area, but it is not only for mature adults. We did have issues with very loud people, both brits and Germans, who felt the need to shout at one another, despite only being a couple of feet apart. More about this area - all apartments face onto the pool, some are on a small terrace, thus the ground floor apartments have a walkway along the front of them, ours, as mentioned previously led straight out to the pool. All upper floors have a private balcony. there is a bar in the serenity area, although we never used it.
The restaurant - we ate there once, for dinner - was OK, it's buffet service and as we weren't all inclusive we had to purchase a voucher from reception. The food was acceptable, although I wouldn't have wanted to eat there every day.
We never watched any of the entertainment, so can't comment on the quality of it. However there is nothing to stop you from walking across the road to The Sands Hotel, which has a far nicer bar area and better entertainment.
Overall, this is a clean and well maintained complex, problems are resolved quickly and effectively, we managed to confuse the safety deposit box into thinking it was locked when it was actually open (it uses a code to lock and unlock it), additionally the patio door was difficult to lock. We reported both problems to reception and a maintenance guy came round within minutes and resolved both problems.
Location: The Siroco is a 5 minute walk away from the nearest supermarket, which is situated next to the Los Zocos complex - the supermarket was a Hyperdino express (a bit like a Tesco Express) which sold most things. A larger supermarket is located at the Los Cucharas Shopping Centre which is about 10 minutes walk from the Siroco. It is a level walk, but can be quite a trek in the heat of the day, especially if carrying large bottles of water, etc.,
there is a sports bar next to the Siroco which does good basic British food, as well as a good range of beers. They do a takeaway service, which we used at lunch times, typically a bacon and cheese burger and chips came to 4 euros and 80 pence, or the burger on its own was 3 euros. The times we went there, a British girl was on the bar, she was always polite and pleasant. This sports bar is NOT part of the Siroco.
OK, to sum up:
- The standard rooms are a little tired, but serviceable.
- Noisy guests gathering round the tables outside of the pool bar until late at night can disturb one's sleep.
- The food is OK, nothing special, but perfectly acceptable.
- all inclusive is a good deal if all one wants to do is sunbathe all day and never leave the complex.
- Reception staff weren't as friendly as I've found them in other places.
- As we weren't due to check out until 4 p.m. we asked if we could hold onto our room until then. We were told to check the day before we were due to leave to see if the room was available. It was and we paid an additional 18 euros. if the room hadn't been available a luggage and shower room would have been accessible and for this there wouldn't have been a charge,
However what we were not told when paying to retain the room was that the key card which gave access to the serenity area and the apartment expired at 12 mid day on the day of departure! We had been to get lunch at the sports bar and returned to our apartment to find we were locked out!! Additionally the phone is cut off on the day prior to departure, once again we weren't informed of that.
- Location - as previously mentioned the Los Cucharas centre is about 10 minutes walk away, this centre contains many restaurants, a bank, the usual perfume and electrical goods stores, etc., As well as offices to hire a car, book excursions, etc., Walking through the centre also takes one onto the "promenade" which runs right round the coast, linking the 5 beaches of Costa Teguise. Restaurants catering for all tastes can be found along there. To venture further afield in Costa Teguise one can easily walk to what passes as the town centre in about 20 minutes or to the Pueblo Marinero (the square) in about 15, there is a small market and several restaurants and bars there, as well as live entertainment.
The complex itself - well maintained if a little dated.
Does it deserve it's 2 star rating? No! I think that with a little more attention to detail it could easily achieve 3 stars.
Would we return to the Siroco? probably not! Why? There's absolutely nothing wrong with the place, it's just that for us it's too far away from the restaurants, etc.
There are better places to stay and there are probably far worse, if you're looking for a reasonably priced accommodation, then you can't go far wrong with this place!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to an apartment in the serenity area (adults only) for better quality rooms. Avoid apartmen...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles