“Rubbish dont go here.”

Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Rubbish dont go here.”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I took my daughter here age 10, nothing for her to do unless I wanted to pay extra for her to use the indoor pool from 11am to 3pm for 6 euros £6 per day, and 12 euros £12 for adult. The outdoor pool freezing. my trip 4th april to 11th april could have honestly went home after 4 days.
Accommodation was okay but the bathroom stunk of wee by the toilet I did make a list of things that needed doing and I did get some air freshener. kitchen facilities one casserole pot and few crockery, toaster and small kettle. No welcome pack of tea or coffee which would be welcome after a long journey, We were half board. But got fed up with the boring food and by Tuesday ate out in the evening. Do not buy anything from the outside snack bar as the ice-creams and lollies were refrozen as we were offered a calypso lolly and it was watery I told the waiter that the freezer had gone off during the night he said I understand English good but I don't understand you. In the restaurant even if you are half board or all inclusive you are expected to pay for all drinks included water. when we took in our own water the head waiter very rudely said I don't expect to see that in here again. I would never ever recommend this hotel it looks nice on arrival but its not, it has put me off half board. Never 4 star 2 at the most for service in the restaurant. cleaning 3 star. It needs an under cover accessor to come here with there children and then make a true assessment on this place.

Room Tip: Clip clop if you are on the bottom floor early hours of the morning, as travelers have and early fli...
1 Thank Elainesivell1
Vitalclass, Director General at Vitalclass Lanzarote Sport & Wellness Resort, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear "Elainesivell1",

First of all, let me thank you for taking your time in posting your review about our Resort.

We are really sad to read that we did not reach your expectations. Vitalclass Lanzarote is an "Adults Recommended" Resort. Therefore, in this ocassion, maybe we were not the type of place you were expecing to stay with your daugther of 10 years old.

Let me kindly clarify that water is served for free in the Restaurant for our All Inclusive guests, I am sorry but it is not correct what you wrote. Drinks such as water, juice, house wine, soft drinks... are free for our All Inclusive guests, but not for guests in Half Board.

Concerning the lack of variety of our meals, we must let it be known that we have different Gastronomic specialties at dinner every single day of the week as for instance, Oriental, Canarian, Mediterranean, Italian, Gala Dinner, etc... Moreover, the fish and meat that is cooked live is changed daily.

We kindly accept your suggestions that will help us to keep on improving. However, in this occasion, you call our resort “rubish”, we do not understand the reasons why you come to write such cruel and unpleasant words. Honestly, I think that we were not the most suitable establishment to book to stay with a 10 years old child.

I hope that you ever come back to this amazing island of Lanzarote, which is a great destination to travel to with children.

Víctor Morales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The hotel it self is OK. Apartments are big with a big bathroom and livingroom, however that's about it. Pool is freezing cold, shold have been warmed up eventhough its outside. Poolbar staff is very lazy, sometimes went back and forward to order without anyone showing up. Apperently they have more important things to do than attending to customers? The food is poor, thanks to god we did not have all-inclusive that would have been a waist of money, we ended up eating all meals outside anyway. The hotel has gym and spa facilites, but they will charge you for everything. Yes, they give you a free voucer for one visit, but being a "sport and wellness hotel" you would expect that you got free use everytime. Do you really want to pay 10 Euro to run on a treadmill when its free to run outside? Expected this to be free to use as much as you wanted, but no. Staff in the gym is very polite and helpful at least. The spa however is slightly dirty and could need some mayor renovations, at least showers.

Over all, and OK stay. The sun was up, and that's basically what we came for, and that's all you get in this hotel. Next time would try a different hotel, maybe closer to the center.

Dear "Amelie0512",

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen Vitalclass Lanzarote for your last holidays in Lanzarote and for having taken the time to post your review.

We are pleased to read that you liked the spaciousness of our Junior Suites as well as the service provived by our Gym staff. However, we are sorry to see that we did not reach your expectations.

I am sorry that the service provided by our Pool Bar staff was not what you expected. Be sure that we will immediately take the appropriate steps to solve this issue. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

We are always delighted to invite our guests that spend 7 days or more with us to know and to enjoy our Spa but you are right when you say that our Sports & Wellness facilities are not available for free, in contrast to running outside.

However, you are wrong when you say that you have to pay 10 Euro at our Resort to run on a treadmill. The rate for our guests to use the Gym is 6 € a day and we must let it be known that we have a Special Package for 12 € a day that consists on unlimited use of our Indoor heated Pool, our Spa and our entire Gym facilities, as well as the attendance to all our Workout Classes.

Thank you once again for your suggestions, they are very useful for us to be able to improve and to make decisions.

Yours sincerely,

Benfleet
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed at the Vitalclass from 3rd-10th April & had booked a 2 room apartment as we had our 15 year old son with us. On arrival at around 3pm we were greeted by very professional & friendly reception staff & offered a glass of orange juice. We were also given a voucher for a free session at their spa which my wife loved & a free session in their very nice gym. In fact my son & I virtually had the gym to ourselves.
Once we had checked in one of the reception staff showed us to our room, showed us around the apartment & explained how to operate things like the safe.
The apartment was huge with plenty of space for all of us with 2 good sized bedrooms. The bathroom was also well furnished with an excellent shower & bath. There was a large living area with dining table & chairs & a kitchen if required, which we did not as we chose all-inclusive. The whole apartment was also spotlessly clean.
This hotel is definitely geared towards adult clients or those with older children, which is why I chose it. Even the kids pool had been drained so there was no areas to avoid around the pools if you wanted a peaceful laze in the sun. The only issue is the signs stating 'no ball games' need to be a little clearer. So if your the sort of people that like throwing a rugby ball around in the pool (you know who you are if your reading this), this nice tranquil resort is not for you.
The area around the pools was also kept spotlessly clean & there was always plenty of good quality sun loungers around.
The pool bar was well located, although no where was far in this mini-resort & run by the most fantastic young lady called Mirianne, (I hope I have spelt her name correctly). This lady was a total ray of sunshine & nothing was too much trouble for her. As well as supplying us with a constant stream of drinks she was also providing hot & cold snacks.
The restaurant was also very good with a large choice put on daily. If you didn't fancy what was on offer there was a chef at the front of house who would cook you something else usually with 3 choices of fish or meat. This was also the case at breakfast where my wife & I had an omelette cooked freshly for us each morning. In fact breakfast was such a nice affair it took us generally a minimum of an hour.
The only negative was there was never a table laid for 3 people, but I suppose they are more geared towards couples. That being said it was no effort to take cutlery & a glass from an adjacent table & the food was always fantastic with a great choice.
Overall I would highly recommend this adult oriented hotel & I will be booking directly with the resort for a return in the future.

Room Tip: We were located in block 5 on the ground floor. This was at the back of the hotel overlooking the po...
1 Thank BlogBoy G
Dear "Blog Boy G",

Thank you so much for trusting Vitalclass Lanzarote and for taking the time to post your review abouy our Resort.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your holidays with us and our "adults oriented" concept which guarantees a relaxing atmosphere as you could check.

We look forward to welcoming you once again at Vitalclass Lanzarote.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I visited this hotel for 5 nights just before Xmas. I was on All Inclusive. Despite being All Inclusive, I was asked to pay extra to use the mediocre gym facilities.
On going to lunch, the restaurant was shut and I found that food was not being served because there was insufficient guests at the hotel. After making a fuss, eventually we were given some salad made by the staff.
This hotel calls itself VitalClass Sport and Wellness Resort, but, this a misrepresentation of biblical proportions. The only exercise you will get at this hotel is searching for your room in the badly designed myriad of apartments few of which are signposted. God help you if you arrive with bags as there is no one to assist you to your room or give you directions. We wandered around for hours looking for our room on the 2nd floor. I suppose this is why this hotel calls it 'Sport' and 'Wellness' thus giving the impression that the place is geared up for fitness fanatics. It is not. Searching for our room with two 20kilo cases up and down three flights of stairs is the only cardio we got on this holiday and if the hotel could have charged for that, believe me they would have.
If anything was ever a waste of money, visiting this hotel was. There is nothing good about this place...poor food, poor service, run down facilities. This hotel gives the impression it is on its last legs and it wouldn't surprise me to read that by 2015 it has gone bust. In all honesty, it would be a mercy killing and would spare any other visitor/guest from major disappointment.
The only good thing I can report is that thankfully we were only here 5 nights.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this place. Its all rubbish.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Vitalclass, Director General at Vitalclass Lanzarote Sport & Wellness Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Mr. “tobias9”,

After having read your review carefully, we feel really confused and astonished. First of all, you consider our gym facilities mediocre but you give no more details. We think that our gym facilities are quite complete and our guests usually stand out that the natural light and the quietness makes our gym a really nice place to work out. You also state that the Restaurant was shut when you went to lunch. We can firmly state that our Restaurant has never been closed for lunch, not even a day during low season. Our Restaurant opens daily for lunch from 1 pm until 3 pm, every day.

Besides, you make understood that exercise cannot be get at Vitalclass Lanzarote. This is definitely not true. Maybe, unfortunately we were not the kind of Resort you were looking for your holidays but we are a sports oriented Resort. In addition to our Gym, we feature a tennis court, 2 Paddle-tennis courts, beach-volley, table-tennis an Indoor 25m. heated Pool. Moreover, we count on highly qualified instructors in a wide variety of Workout Classes in our Gym: yoga, spinning, muay-thai, kick-boxing, Pilates, Thai-bo, Maintenance gymnastic, Swimming, etc…

You focused your review on the time you spent to find your room. Our Reception staff always gives directions and hands a map of the Resort to the guests when checking in. Moreover, they always try to accompany the guests to their room and, when is not possible, they make sure that the guest finds their room easily. We are so sorry if it took so much time to you to find your room but what it is absolutely impossible is that finding your room took you hours as you state. Our staff is always pleased to help and our Resort is not that big, this is definitely an exorbitant statement that makes us feel really unhappy and defenseless.

We are always thrilled to improve and our main goal is that our guests enjoy their holidays at our Resort. We are really sad that we did not get our goal in this occasion and we feel pity that we did not have your feedback during your stay and that you did not give us the opportunity to chat with you and look for possible solutions to make your holidays enjoyable. We feel helpless and shocked after having read a review like this 4 months after your stay with us, this is not usual.

Our main objective is to improve our service constantly and the feedback of our guests is the best way to make decisions to improve. Therefore, we are always pleased to read and treat reviews, both good and bad ones. However, in this occasion, you call our resort “rubish” and even come to write ”it wouldn't surprise by 2015 it has gone bust. In all honesty, it would be a mercy killing and would spare any other visitor/guest from major disappointment”. We think these are not objective words and we do not understand the reasons why you come to write such cruel and unpleasant words. We think that your satisfaction was maybe also affected by other personal factors, not only by our service and facilities but what we can assure is that Vitalclass Lanzarote Resort will not go bust like you wish in your review. We will go on working hard and trying to give our best for our guests.

Our only wish is that you ever come back to this amazing island.

Birmingham
Reviewed 13 April 2014

On arriving at this hotel we were greeted by a friendly receptionist who booked us in promptly and explained all we needed to know about location of rooms and whereabouts of dining room and that all Inclusive ended at 11pm. We were also offered a glass of orange juice which I thought was a nice touch after a long journey. We then followed her instructions to our room and on entering were overwhelmed with a smell of cigarette smoke which I reported to reception who said they would get housekeeping to spray the room, but on saying this the room we booked which was a Junior suite, was plenty big enough with separate living room and kitchen and an enormous balcony which we loved.

Now down to the hotel itself, the food was not good at all with very limited choice which ended up with us having the fresh cooked pasta (which was good) when we we stayed in and then missing breakfast and evening meals which we had outside the hotel instead as we struggled to find anything we liked in the restaurant. The service at the pool bar was unacceptable, as we often had to wait or go without as no one was around to serve and then when the barman was around, who informed me he had only worked there two months and was really a singer not a barman was so unhelpful, as an example he ran out of large glasses, beer, and various other things and instead of going across to the inside bar which was a two minute walk he said come back in half an hour?
The other major problem was the smell in the kitchen and bathroom of our room it was dreadful and smelt like a sewer and after speaking to other guests found most to be the same. I bought a can of air freshener and a solid air freshener but to no avail, and I did report this to reception who said they would get house-keeping to sort out which they did but this was the next day but all they did was put bleach down the sinks and bath which did ease the smell but only for a day where as the day after it returned full force. The saving grace for the hotel staff was Isabelle who worked in the bar of a night and was so helpful and friendly and couldn't do enough for you.

This hotel is a little way out of the centre (20 minutes walk) something I don't mind as I like to have a walk of a morning, but other people might not want this.

Overall I wouldn't stay at this hotel again for the reasons I have given and I know I should have reported all of this at the reception but the couple of times I did report a problem I got little response.

I have never given such a bad review before but felt it was necessary as people need to know what to expect from this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Krisnoon
Vitalclass, Dpto. de Atención al Cliente y RRPP at Vitalclass Lanzarote Sport & Wellness Resort, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
We would like to thank you for reviewing Vitalclass and we also thank you for the nice comments about Isabel which ones will be forward to her.
We are sorry for not having achieved your holiday and food expectations.
With reference to the points mentioned about our pool bar and maid services, they will be taken into account in our next quality meeting with the corresponding Head of department members in order to correct and improve them.
Yours sincerely.,
Dun Laoghaire
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We spent in Vitalclass Lanzarote 8 nights and I've never slept any better. Beds have special matresses and they are super comfy!! If they have a room with double bed that would be great but we knew there are single only. Our room was on the first floor and now I know why is adult recommend - there is no lift, so we have to carry our buggy up the stairs. We were offered to change the room because of the buggy to grand floor but we were ok and our room has a nice pool and a bit of sea view. Room was clean, big and nice. If you go for self catering you will have almost everything you need in the kitchen including coffee maker, toaster, kettle and big fridge.
we were on all inclusive base and consider the price we paid for we cant complain at all. Breakfast were superb with nice fried eggs or omlets cooked to order, good selections of fruits, yogurts, bread and everything else. Lunch and dinner I more less always had the same - fresh grilled fish and salad and ice cream for desert - which I found great selection. if you like pasta its place for you - they make pasta to order. We've been on holidays in Spain couple of times so we kind of get use to that food isn't super hot and everything is a bit on slow motions, but I think that the nature of Spanish people and if you are on holidays you have to be relax about. Small tip for the restaurant staff - ask for the signature when you bring the drinks - that would save your time a lot!
We were with our little boy so we didn't spend much time after dinner in the bar so can't tell much about late service or entertainment but there never be a problem for us to take a couple of drinks to the room - must say all the staff were very friendly and tried to be helpfull. We never waited for our drinks long.
Hotel location is a bit away from the centre of Costa Tequse but we knew that before we booked, we didn't mind - its a nice 25 min walk one way to all the shops and bars.
Spa and fitness centre - for hotel quests the price was 6 euro per day - my partner used a fitness centre and was very happy with.
We went to spa once just to used kids pool and have a little fun with our kid.
Overall we were very happy with our stay in Vitalclass - we would love to get back and we will recommend it to our friends.

Room Tip: we were in room 5105 and have a nice pool view and sun almost all day long
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank g1ngerred
Vitalclass, Dpto. de Atención al Cliente y RRPP at Vitalclass Lanzarote Sport & Wellness Resort, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
We would like to thank you for reviewing Vitalclass and we are glad to know that you had a happy holiday. We also appreciate your recommendation and we hope to welcome you soon in our Resort in a near future.
We will keep on trying our best improving our services day a day for our guests.
Best regards.,
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I will start by saying that if there was a 2 1/2 star option I would take that. As others have said in previous reviews, this hotel is very much a mixed bag. We stayed for a week for a break the end of March, and after an unnecessary long coach trip to the hotel, we arrived Sunday evening.
First impressions are good, the hotel looks very clean and pretty modern. There was us and another couple checking in at the same time, and while the staff member tried his best, this was a slow process and we were unhappy to see at other times people were being shown to their rooms while we were just given directions and got lost trying to find them on the first instance.
Upon finding the room and putting out suitcases aside we went down for some food (We were all inclusive) and as it was late there were just leftovers left which was understandable.
However, trying to sleep that night was awful, there was a sound that we could only describe as a bouncing ball from above us which kept me awake (My partner has earplugs handy) but i had to sleep on the sofa, which was not a good start. We figured following nights to just turn the fan on in the room to create a consistent noise which worked however did make our room a little chilly!
The room in itself was very good, clean with lots of space and the balcony did catch some sun early. We were very lucky with the room really as there didn't seem to be anyone next to us all week so we could use the front outside the room as almost a second balcony undisturbed. Beds were two single beds which was annoying and mattresses were too hard for our tastes. While we enjoyed the privacy, the poolside area was like a ghost town at times due to the high winds at the beginning of the week, the best time to catch the sun was on that second balcony in the afternoon! While i do not wish to criticize the hotel for the weather, it did bring up the point as others have said, there was little entertainment in the hotel and it's painfully understaffed at times, the staff do their best particularly one female member of staff who tried to make things as fun as possible, however it was too often waiting 5-10 minutes for drinks at the bar and at dinner time the staff don't seem to keen to offer you drinks.
The food was very hit and miss, one night was excellent, with very tasty duck but overall it was a bit bland and not great. There seems to be a chef grilling in the middle of the restaurant however their English was never great and felt a bit intimidated to ask!
The hotels location is a bit out of the way however only 3-4 euros into town so that wasn't too bad. There is a games room with pool tables and a dart board which is never cleaned.

Overall I could not recommend this hotel. There are some good points and it was not all bad and we did really like our room (other than that noise at night!) and felt especially lucky that our room was so out of the way so we could catch some sun. However we would not return!

Room Tip: 1201 gets the sun on its balcony in the morning, and you can use the front as a second balcony if th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoshinWales
Vitalclass, Dpto. de Atención al Cliente y RRPP at Vitalclass Lanzarote Sport & Wellness Resort, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
We would like to thank you for your reviews. We are very sorry for not having achieved your holidays expectations and that the weather did not also help you .
We are surprised that you found our mattresses uncomfortable as they are high quality foam mattresses. Regarding the point about having problems finding your apartment, we would like you to mention that the complex is very well signed. We have in the way out to the apartments area a wide map showing the room location and numbers accordingly . In any case, unless there is many guests checking at the reception, at the same time ,there is always a staff member guiding our guest to their apartments. Regarding the comments about the delay in serving drinks at the restaurant, we might could have some delay serving drinks in pick hours, so we will let our Maitre know your comments in order to take actions accordingly. Yours sincerely.