We have just returned 1st Aug 2013 from a two week stay here at the ficus. Do not have one bad word to say about the hotel or the entertainment team. We were a family of 4 with younger children and Ainsley and Lindsey bent over backwards to include them. Was always on hand for a chat and even came round serving Sangria! They included everyone on our holiday during the evening in the piano bar. The bad comments are unfair as no one tied them to stay in and see the entertainment, plenty of lovely bars on the island.
We had our room cleaned every other day with clean towels and replenishments. The food was edible, always something to be able to eat at every meal. Kids loved the choice of foods for them. Unlimited ice cream cones and a pool bar plus food during the afternoon served in the afternoon restaurant. You would or could not go hungry here.
So what the toilet doors were vandalised, added character to the place. Perhaps the moaners should think the people writing on the doors were in the wrong to do such a thing in the first place??? Obviously no respect!
Every member of staff were friendly and could not do enough for you. It is a three star rated hotel and offers what you need. The complainers must have champagne ideas and lemonade money as you get what you pay for!!!!! If you want luxury then go for a better star!!! Their comments are harsh and unfair. After all the holiday can only be how you make it yourself.
I did find that the Scottish were cheeky and putting plastic cups in the pool table so they didn't need to keep paying. Quite cheeky in my opinion as no one else would get a turn unless you were in their large group!!!
You do have to be up early for a sun bed , they are released at 9am and your be lucky to get one if you are not in the line up!!!!
There was a life guard on duty everyday which was an added bonus too. Their were 2 resident cats a black one and a white, ginger one. These had kittens so these were there too but they were well cared for by the hotel and fed often. The cats keep the pests away!
All in all we had a lovely stay and would go again. Having been to Los Zocus this was far better. If you want food poisoning Zocus is the place to book along with loud mouthed drunks!! Ficus is a family friendly hotel. The music was switched off at 11:30pm however this because of the neighbouring guest rooms. We had one of the new ones next to the piano bar and the music was heard in the rooms but as it went of at half eleven it did not faze us. After all we were on holiday!
Las Characus beach is the main beach from the hotel but if you follow it round past the Irish bars and keep going you come to the most beautiful cove. Lovely clear waters and colourful fish. Cactus Jacks is open for the early hours and we enjoyed our time there with free wifi and plenty of free shots during the games and shows.
Don't be put of it really is not that bad. Thanks to the ficus, Ainsley and Lindsey we had a smashing holiday and are sad it went to quick and it's over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smartline Ficus is located on the beautiful island Lanzarote and is the perfect decision for a good value holiday. The sandy beach is 500 m away from the smartline Ficus and the city center of Cosat Teguise is around 300 m away. On the island are all towns easy to reach. During all meals, the smartline Ficus prepare a buffet with national and international cuisine. The smartline ice box is daily for two hours available with fruits and ice cream. Moreover, you can enjoy local spirits and soft drinks. The smartline Ficus offers many different activities. You can choose between aerobic courses or table tennis and many other activities. Furthermore, you have the possibility to play volleyball. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your smartline Ficus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ficus Costa Teguise
- Ficus Hotel Costa Teguise
- Lanzarote Ficus
- Ficus Hotel Lanzarote
- Ficus Lanzarote
- Smartline Ficus Lanzarote/Costa Teguise