OK lets start:
First flight with Ryanair, so a bit dubious. Got bag size & weight right so no probs. Bit of a race at the gate but will change after Feb when I believe they are allocating seats (like Easyjet do now). Budget flight, good price, take your own food & drink. Worked well for us. Only 3hr 20 mins outbound. Also took their resort transfer. Flawless both ways for us & cheap.
Arrived at Apts Sol, checked in no probs at noon. Room basic but adequate, for price paid. Complex is quiet, guests very nice, some staying for 3 months. Little bar & cafe open 12-4pm, happy hour 2-4pm. Would be better if it stayed open till 6pm, most like a pre-shower drink. Mid week had water cascading through our bathroom roof (Rm 122), told reception, could not fix as it was a Sunday!!! Thought ceiling would fall down in night so did not sleep too well. We moved next morning, so problem resolved. Staff were good, especially Nico, the night porter. Nothing is too much trouble for him.
Impressions of Costa Teguise? First timers there, very nice, especially the main Pueblo Marinero Square area by La Cucharas and by Los Charcos. All walkable from Sol. We had a windy, mixed weather week. Only got warm from noon on, up to 5pm. Definitely trousers/jeans/jumper in evening.
Dining out: La Otra nearby. Excellent authentic pizza restaurant. Portobello, very nice, owner attentive, food OK. El Pescador, again good service, food was OK. Really too many to chose from.
Drinks: Well a real paradise. Spar wines & beers all good value. Best ever is Chispas in Square. Happy hour = beer 1euro 30c, vodka & schwepes tonic 1euro 86c. WOW, we had a few of those. Also liked Robinsons and Number One showbar at La Charcos. I should add that the Tapas at Number One are only 3euro per plate and we had a lovely lunch there. Again, there are just too many to chose from. But then there is the bad.....British bars show lots of footie. Popped into Bamboozles opposite the Spar by Sol apts. I dared to check the score on his badly focused screen before I bought a drink. Even though he was serving someone else he bellowed "Yes mate, can I help you?". Obviously a challenge to me as being a potential freeloader. Not the case as we were meeting a couple who where already sat outside. In my view, very poor manners, not an attitude we encountered anywhere else. He later came outside and we enjoyed his passive smoking. Would I return. I'll be polite and simply say NO!!!
Problems? On first evening, very windy, sat in the Square, something blew up into my eye. I could not remove it. Went home, painful night, virtually blinded by daylight. Needed treatment badly. Thankfully, in the main road, there is a public health centre. Got there at 9am, a quick form fill, show EHIC & Passport and within minutes I had a nurse and 2 doctors fussing over me. What service!!! They gave me a prescription for 2 meds costing 11 euro and within 2 days I was fit again. Cannot stress enough about taking EHIC & Passport out with you. If you need emergency treatment, you must have it, or rely on your Private insurance. Of course not all resorts have a public clinic or hospital so insurance in essential (sorry all, lecture over).
Overall, a very nice week in CT. Many said it was the worst weather for late January they had encountered so we may go back in Feb next time. Thank you CT, Sol, Ryanair and Nico.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sol Apartments is located just 300 m from the fabulous Cucharas beach in the resort of Costa Teguise, on the island of Lanzarote. Due to its location and splendid grounds, this complex is an ideal destination for families and couples offering 52 one bedroom apartments situated in whitewashed buildings which are typical on the island of Lanzarote. Friendly and helpful service, a relaxing swimming pool and nearby golf and water sports facilities will keep everyone happy and active. Be kind to your budget and book the Sol Apartments for some total relaxation in a fabulous resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Apartamentos Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartmentos Sol Costa Teguise
- Apartmentos Sol Hotel Costa Teguise
- Sol Apartments Lanzarote
- Apartamentos Sol Lanzarote/Costa Teguise