Apartamentos Sol
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Apartamentos El Trebol(Costa Teguise)
Great 4.5/5
Los Zocos Club Resort(Costa Teguise)
smartline Ficus(Costa Teguise)
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
HD Beach Resort(Costa Teguise)
Great 4.5/5
Sands Beach Resort(Costa Teguise)
  • Pool
All reviewsthese apartmentstop floorcactus jackscleaned every other daypool areabars and restaurantssun all daymaid service every other dayclean apartmentastro turfminute walkgood sizepaellaplenty of sunbedsclose to shopsafter reading some reviewsmain square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stopped at the sol apartments in mid jan 2014. It is set in an old run down part of costa teguise 10 minutes walk from las cucharas beach. The complex itself is old and tired with the pool side carpet ripped and torn in places, and reception in need of a revamp.and only open between 8am till 8pm. The poolside bar is open between 12pm till 4pm but cannot comment on it as didnt use it.
We stopped in room 124 overlooking the pool. The rooms have recently had a facelift with flat screen tv and memory foam mattresses. The maids do an excellent job keeping the rooms clean, cleaning every other day.
The rooms have free wifi but a poor signal. The tv ( 6 english channels ) and safety deposit box cost €15 a week with a €5 deposit.
Overall the complex facilities are old and worn but the staff on reception are excellent as well as the maids, the rooms are spacious and clean and well priced but with no reception after 8pm if you suffer an emergency your on your own.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bettyswollicks
Reviewed 1 February 2014

OK lets start:
First flight with Ryanair, so a bit dubious. Got bag size & weight right so no probs. Bit of a race at the gate but will change after Feb when I believe they are allocating seats (like Easyjet do now). Budget flight, good price, take your own food & drink. Worked well for us. Only 3hr 20 mins outbound. Also took their resort transfer. Flawless both ways for us & cheap.
Arrived at Apts Sol, checked in no probs at noon. Room basic but adequate, for price paid. Complex is quiet, guests very nice, some staying for 3 months. Little bar & cafe open 12-4pm, happy hour 2-4pm. Would be better if it stayed open till 6pm, most like a pre-shower drink. Mid week had water cascading through our bathroom roof (Rm 122), told reception, could not fix as it was a Sunday!!! Thought ceiling would fall down in night so did not sleep too well. We moved next morning, so problem resolved. Staff were good, especially Nico, the night porter. Nothing is too much trouble for him.
Impressions of Costa Teguise? First timers there, very nice, especially the main Pueblo Marinero Square area by La Cucharas and by Los Charcos. All walkable from Sol. We had a windy, mixed weather week. Only got warm from noon on, up to 5pm. Definitely trousers/jeans/jumper in evening.
Dining out: La Otra nearby. Excellent authentic pizza restaurant. Portobello, very nice, owner attentive, food OK. El Pescador, again good service, food was OK. Really too many to chose from.
Drinks: Well a real paradise. Spar wines & beers all good value. Best ever is Chispas in Square. Happy hour = beer 1euro 30c, vodka & schwepes tonic 1euro 86c. WOW, we had a few of those. Also liked Robinsons and Number One showbar at La Charcos. I should add that the Tapas at Number One are only 3euro per plate and we had a lovely lunch there. Again, there are just too many to chose from. But then there is the bad.....British bars show lots of footie. Popped into Bamboozles opposite the Spar by Sol apts. I dared to check the score on his badly focused screen before I bought a drink. Even though he was serving someone else he bellowed "Yes mate, can I help you?". Obviously a challenge to me as being a potential freeloader. Not the case as we were meeting a couple who where already sat outside. In my view, very poor manners, not an attitude we encountered anywhere else. He later came outside and we enjoyed his passive smoking. Would I return. I'll be polite and simply say NO!!!
Problems? On first evening, very windy, sat in the Square, something blew up into my eye. I could not remove it. Went home, painful night, virtually blinded by daylight. Needed treatment badly. Thankfully, in the main road, there is a public health centre. Got there at 9am, a quick form fill, show EHIC & Passport and within minutes I had a nurse and 2 doctors fussing over me. What service!!! They gave me a prescription for 2 meds costing 11 euro and within 2 days I was fit again. Cannot stress enough about taking EHIC & Passport out with you. If you need emergency treatment, you must have it, or rely on your Private insurance. Of course not all resorts have a public clinic or hospital so insurance in essential (sorry all, lecture over).
Overall, a very nice week in CT. Many said it was the worst weather for late January they had encountered so we may go back in Feb next time. Thank you CT, Sol, Ryanair and Nico.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
13  Thank chrfrm
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Some people have given reviews stating,a pub,couple of shops and a "restaurants" What about La Otra italien, and Road house grill ,both great and nearer than 100 mt.Do people wear blinkers whilst away ? The sol staff are great and the place is very clean and well serviced.They cannot be responsible for the properties nearby,some have failed over recent years,one even had a bad fire and closed. We (and friends & families) hav been staying here for three years,for periods up to 3 months at a time.The sol provides fantastic value,staff and a great friendly family feel,where we meet many "friends "each visit. (MIKE & PAT FRANCE)

Room Tip: If you have difficulty walking 300 mts perhapse this area is not the best,if you expect the beach/sea
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my mum had our first stay in lanzarote here. The appartments are very clean and well equipped. Very nicely situated. We felt very safe at night walking around, we visited the swan across the road and was made to feel very welcome. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank andysam1
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I researched this place before booking as I do with all our holiday bookings. All the reviews over the last 2 years said clean but basic...exactly what we wanted so it was booked.
On arrival our room wasn't ready as they were waiting for someone to leave this was not a problem as they gave us somewhere to leave our bags. Off we went to have a look around the area.
The area is pretty run down and the bar at the side of the apartments burnt out,but a 10 minute walk to the beach and a lively area of bars and restaurants
We returned and was given our keys and directions to get there. On first impressions it looked ok.
Went for a shower and found the towels where brown and thread bare and they smelled anything but clean. The shower only gave enough warm water for half the time I was in the shower which meant my partner had to boil pans, kettles etc to get a warm bath. I worked out after this that the boiler is individual to the room so it wasn't that the rest of the hotel were using the water at the same time so after this I took a shower and then my partner waited 45 mins for one. Not ideal.
The pool area we found to be dirty so didn't use it after the first day.
The maid came one day while we were in and managed to clean the balcony, bathroom, bedroom and living room / kitchen floor without rinsing the mop once!
Don't want to sound picky but not up to my standards.
The last 3 days of our holiday it rained and was mortified to see at the doors into the reception there was the same brown thread bare towels on the floor to prevent people trailing water through reception / slipping. Where they the same ones that would end up in the room after a wash??!!
The apartments could be really nice but not for me as it is now

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple