“not bad but not good”
Review of Oceano Apartments

Oceano Apartments
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We booked the shuttle bus and it took 2 hours from landing to walking into the Oceano.This was because we were sat on the bus waiting for other peoples flights to land that were booked on the shuttle with us.Shuttle is cheaper than a taxi but it will be a taxi if we go back to Lanzarote.
When we arrived we were greeted by a french man.He gave us our key and i asked if the room was quiet.He said yes.When we got up to the room it smelt of cooked food and there was music full blast from a bar below.We went straight back to the french man and asked for another room.He said there was nothing wrong with the room he had given us.I asked him if he had lived in that room for 2 weeks and he told me not to rase my voice as he could help me but he could not help me aswell.We were given another room 200.Top floor overlooking a music square.Granted we had a sea and mountain view and if you dont wont to go out on a night looking for entertainment all you had to do was sit on your balcany and listen to the blasting music from 7pm-1am every night.By the end of our first week i had had enough.We were given room 2 and wished we had got that one for the 2 weeks.We had our own sun beds and a garden with table and chairs and it was prity quiet.No view but didnt bother us after what we had put up with for a week.The apartments are all the same.Our shower head holder in number 200 was broke a new one was put on straight away.We hired the tv ie 3 euro for 22 hours.You get a card to put in the side of the tv from reception and there was a good few chanels for us brits.
the apartments were 2 star no more than that.We paid £305 for the room for 2 weeks.Towels were thin some with holes in.The bedding was clean and changed often but why put a duvet on a bed when it's 88deg.Very strange.I asked at reception if they had tea towels and they said no so i went out and bought 2 and when i got back there was a tea towel in our room.I counted 14 sunbeds round the pool with towels on and no one there.That was 10.30 am Sunday and market day.Say no more.Only used the pool bar once for a meal very good value and a great cup of tea.Nellie in reception was great.We got a room on the day we left for 30mins to shower and change.There was 3 times to pick from and it was free.Leaving day out of your room by 12 noon.
A bad start to the holiday but a good finish.I will not be going back to The Oceano.It's a place you eather love or hate.I am in between.Costa Teguise is a great place but not for a beach holiday as the wind throws all the sand over you.The wind needs to be there when it's 88deg.no mozzy's at all so that was great.Had one day of rain but just walked round in it because the sun was out and we soon got dried off.Went to the Lighthouse for a meal and was given fried peppers as a veg.A veg that is an aquiered tast i think.The grilled chicken was cold and dry and the fried potaoes was cold.I asked for the peppers to be changed and 20 mins later i was brought hard cold peas and hard cold carrots that had been fozen.I was asked if the meal was ok so i told her.SHE DIDNT LIKE IT AND I DIDNT LIKE PAYING 9 EURO FOR IT.How someone can justifie chargeing for rubbish like that i will never know.The best meal i had was in the Jumbo chinese buffet 4.50 Euro.Everything clean and hot food.No comparison.Spar supermarkets all over the place but the Hipo is cheaper.Buses to Puerto Del Carmen are good and cost 5.80Euro one way for 2 people.Market day in Costa Teguise is Sunday and you can book at a travel shop for 4Euro return.You get 3 times to pick from for pick up and get 4 hours there.The pickup is just over the road from the Oceano.
We are going back to Costa Teguise next March but this time to Club Sirocco.I will write my next review on this place when i get back.I try to be fair with my reviews and say it like it is.Anyone who thinks differant to me about The Oceano then that is there opinian and that is what this sight is all about.Anyone going to The Oceano should think 2 star and they will get what no more than that.

Room Tip: get rooms 1-2-3-4 no view but you get your own garden and it's quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mmmmmmm99

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Not long back from a very relaxing stay at the Oceano (5th-12th sep). On a arrival at about dinner time we were met by the lady on reception who spoke good English and pointed us in the direction of our room. I had previously e-mailed asking for a top floor room and that's what I got. Rooms are VERY spacious and have everything you need for a s/c holiday.....kettle,toaster,plates,cups,utensils,microwave and an oven(for which only a pizza was warmed up in). Pool is of a good size and is perfect for cooling down ya red shoulders and legs and is very clean. Poolside bar is run by Mo who is very friendly and never forgets ya name or ya tipple. There are plenty of sunbeds around the pool and seating in and around the bar. Hotel is centrally located with bars and restaurants going left or right out of the hotel. Weather was always hot during the day but with very little wind as we were told this dies down in September. As usual there is a mixture of British pubs with great meal deals mainly because they were competing against each other,our local turned out to be the Dolphin (turn right out of the hotel towards the beach). There are plenty of 'lucky lucky' men walking about trying to sell the usual TAT!!!!. One more thing, if you get up early and search for a brekkie don't bother until after 9.30am, things start pretty late in the a.m.
Overall we loved the accomodation and if we were to go back to Lanzarote we would defo use these apartments again.

Room Tip: No air con so some nights got a bit sticky though you can hire fans from reception. We got €1.14 to...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karlandlisa1009
Reviewed 12 September 2013

After reading reviews I was a little nervous, how ever I was greeted with a pleasant surprise, all rooms are re-modernised, cleaned every two days , very basic but what's to be expected it is good value for money all the staff are helpful , multi lingual, and mo at the bar is a great guy so friendly . Would definitely stay again. And as for Thomas cook rep we seen her twice for full stay but all staff is helpfull any way. Don't go to water park waste of money

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Seanusher
Reviewed 1 September 2013

our second visit to oceano, will go back again we had room 116 and 117 for our friends overlooking the pool , rooms cleaned regular could not fault it and staff great, location central to all night life and beaches plenty of places to eat like the galleon and el mistro fav bar in the square was magmas in the corner run by a lovely couple. a great night out the lucky lady show bar .

Room Tip: first floor rooms overlooking the pool 116
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mair d
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I have visited Lanzarote for a month and stayed at the oceano. Rooms where cleaned every other day and fresh towel. Bedding was changed twice a week.
Rooms have everything you need making it very easy and cheap to go self catering. I cooked most nights as it was ideal. Supermarkets Are very close too.
Location is in the heart of the town and the beach is a 2 minute walk away.
I have spent my time diving with Calipso dive centre and the hotel is ideally located from the dive centre again only a 2 minute walk. I would stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank diver2013
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Clean and comfy rooms, and a great pool sheltered from the winds that can be quite breezy at times. Best of all is the wonderful service from the poolside bar, run by the ever eager and friendly Mo and Sussana.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank ainzybaby
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We have just returned from a 10 day family holiday at the Oceano, and I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. After reading some of the reviews on here and looking at the various photos, our expectations were initially quite low, however we warmed to the place as the holiday went on.

If you can get over the fact that some of the internal fixtures and fittings need replacing, then these are clean, well run, well maintained apartments in a great location.

The management are clearly trying to address things - our room (003 ground floor with great terrace area) had obviously been repainted and had some new furniture installed.

The pool area, which initially looked and felt quite small, is actually very clean, well maintained and very quiet. Our 6 year old daughter made several friends here and absolutely loved it.

The only criticism I would have of the complex is the bar area, which is urgent need of refurbishment. Mo, as others suggest, was absolutely brilliant, however it is not a very appealing space to spend time in.

If you are looking for luxury accommodation at a budget price, then look elsewhere. However if you can put up with a few minor issues with these apartments, then you will have a great holiday at a great price.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family