Our family of 5 travelled with extended family (4) so we each had a two bedroom bungalow. The bungalows were not the most modern inside but were clean and spacious. I had been worried about reviews mentioning uncomfortable beds but we all had good sleeps and found the mattresses to be really comfy. Outside each bungalow is a private terrace with table and chairs and an extending drying rack. This was great for hanging towels etc. (Tip - bring a few pegs to stop the breeze blowing your clothes off the rack).
Before we went we were advised that the bungalows overlooking the main area (with small play park and pool) were not private and did not get the afternoon sun. This was true but we enjoyed looking over the park and pool and enjoyed saying hello to people as they walked past. Also, the shade was a blessing as it kept the inside of the bungalow cool. If we wanted to sit in the sun in the afternoons we headed to the pool area, a stone's throw away. However, if you do want more privacy and afternoon sun, opt for one of the bungalows that do not look out on to the main area. The whole place is quiet and just so beautiful that no matter what property we had been given, we would have been happy.
The staff were always polite and friendly and the activities organisers always tried to get people to take part in things like water polo or darts. My children loved the activities, the bowling and the tennis.
The food was good and there was a good choice. I am vegetarian so I was limited in my choice (as was my very fussy son). However, the normal eaters were more than happy with the meals provided.
I would highly recommend Santa Rosa to anyone. It is quiet but there is still plenty to do. It is not far to walk to the beaches or main town area and there is a supermarket, a few shops and a good number of bars and eating places nearby.
We were there between 9th and 16th Oct 2011.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and Resort The apartment complex is located in Costa Teguise 350m to the beach of Playa Bastian. The town centre is only 1 km away, the capital in 6 km and to the airport only 12 km. The Santa Rosa is perfect for relaxed family holidays and now it is also your destination for a sport and active accommodation. Always thinking on the families it offers a complete entertainment program for children , 1500m2 leisure center with a Indoor Children Playground, ball pond, soft play area with slides, climbs, bridges, face painting, football, play-station, television room, (free of charge) pool table and as well as an professional Brunswick 10 pin bowing alley with 4 tracks .(Charge) The new Sports Center, opened in May 2013, offers you a wide range of sport facilities, a heated indoor semi Olympic pool of 25 meters and one heated 6x6m pool for children and rehabilitation. It also provides a fully equipped Gym with the newest equipment, Fitness room, spinning-bikes, personal trainer, classes of yoga, TRX and much more. To relax after sportive activities you can enjoy the Sauna, Jacuzzi and Turkish bath and sport massage. (Charge) The Sports Center can be used for a small fee for Clients of the Hotel. Accommodation-Apartments 1 bedroom apartments are distributed in a separate bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe with safe (for rent), bathroom with tub / shower, living room with sofa-bed of an individual place, telephone and satellite TV. A fully equipped kitchen with 2 cooking hobs, fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster. The balcony or terrace has furniture. The family apartments offer the same facilities but with 2-bedrooms and 4 single beds, 2 per room. Santa Rosa has rooms and facilities for disabled guests. (Under request) Please, contact Santa Rosa if you need to rent a scooter, wheelchair, etc. Upon arrival. During the stay the cleaning of the apartments is done 5 times per week, with 3 changes of towels per week and 1 change of linen every 5 days. Facilities and Service The reception remains open 24 hours for your safety and comfort with luggage storage and showers, and 4 Internet terminals (charge). Surrounded by a large garden area and a solarium you find the outdoor saltwater pool (heated in winter by solar panels) with separate children's pool and outdoor playground, sun loungers and parasols. Just beside the pool area you have a Snack bar with free Wi-Fi connection were you can enjoy snacks, light meals and drinks. It also features 2 restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner where you can choose between international themed buffet and a la carte service. (Free Wi-Fi) The complex also offers installations to play Mini-Golf, Volleyball, Football, Basketball and Petanque (free of charge) And 2 Paddle-tennis-courts (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Rosa Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Hotel Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise