We had a blast in Lanzarote and we happy with many aspects of our stay in Santa Rosa. We didn't know what to expect when we booked but we were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Lovely landscaping around the apartments and the public areas. Very pleasing to the eye. We had a nice apartment facing the garden, to the corner of the tennis court. We asked for a twin room and received one with a large living area and a patio. We were so pleased with the patio furniture and the sun lounger. Its also less dense and bungalow style units.
The only thing we would wish for is a better buffet. We took a half board deal which was very repetitive. Salad was basically iceberg cut up into pieces either mixed with ham and pineapples or with goats cheese and tomatoes. Some carrots, cheese and tomatoes. Gets so boring after two days. About eight large plates made the actual buffet usually very predictable - fish, rice, pasta, two to three trays of vegetables and fries. Very limited and unimaginative dishes. Also the timing was ridiculous! Dinner is from 6.45pm to 8.30pm and you get stared down by the staff if you are late eating. Coffee in the morning is from a machine and you get small coffee cups so you have to queue for a while to get the machine made coffee. Its not proper coffee either which was a little awful. In the evening they refuse to give you tap water so you have to pay €1.20 for bottled water. However the wine is only €1.50 per glass and its really nice. Swimming pool is outdoors and the heated one is actually in the HPG apartments which is separate so you can't use it! You need to pay €3 per person to use the leisure centre where there is a pool but its often used by people training and you need to have a swimming cap to be able to use it. Jacuzzi and the sauna/steam rooms were okay but could be maintained better. Its not a great place to relax as there is no place to really chill out between the sessions plus there is a restriction as to when you can use it as well. I think the Santa Rosa is a great place for families with small children as there is alot of activities and facilities in the entertainment centre for them as well as for the older generation. The average age in February when i went was 70++. There are little shops and English style pubs for those who want to recreate "home" in a warmer climate. There is a little walk across the road to the beach with a nice promenade which takes you to Villa Toledo at the end. Nice place to chill out with a drink and lunch. The wifi in the room is not working and the wifi codes for each area is long and complicated. Very frustrating if you need to make a quick Skype call or check information before heading out. I had to call family abroad urgently and found the pool area extremely loud and busy, that I couldn't have a conversation so I had to go to the lobby to resume the call but there were a bunch of elderly ladies who were really loud and screechy so I had trouble hearing and being heard. The management should really try harder to fix the problem and offer more usable wifi codes as well. TV was a tiny little box with three channels. Would have been nice to have BBC world or something to keep in touch with the world. With no internet in the room, we were really bored on the days we decided to stay in after dinner. Very rocky beach but go to Costa Teguise for nightlife and beach. Buses depart from Playa Roca bus stop which is a short walk from the supermarket around the corner from the hotel. Take shampoos and shower gel as the ones in the supermarket are limited and expensive. Note that there was no beach towel in Santa Rosa so an idea to bring some or use the towels in the room if you are going out for the day. Taxi to Costa Teguise is only €3 each way which is cheap if you are more than 2. Bus each way is €2 per person per way. You can also take a bus to Puerto del Carmen for €2.90 per person which takes you to a very lovely sandy beach and a huge shopping and dining area. Avoid Cafe Hollywood at all cost. Awful and rude staff and horrible food. Go to Cavern or Crown for a good night. Don't spend your nights near Santa Rosa. Grab a taxi and head to the square. Live music, drummers, lovely little cocktail bars with heaters and loads of fun bars and pubs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and Resort The apartment complex is located in Costa Teguise 350m to the beach of Playa Bastian. The town centre is only 1 km away, the capital in 6 km and to the airport only 12 km. The Santa Rosa is perfect for relaxed family holidays and now it is also your destination for a sport and active accommodation. Always thinking on the families it offers a complete entertainment program for children , 1500m2 leisure center with a Indoor Children Playground, ball pond, soft play area with slides, climbs, bridges, face painting, football, play-station, television room, (free of charge) pool table and as well as an professional Brunswick 10 pin bowing alley with 4 tracks .(Charge) The new Sports Center, opened in May 2013, offers you a wide range of sport facilities, a heated indoor semi Olympic pool of 25 meters and one heated 6x6m pool for children and rehabilitation. It also provides a fully equipped Gym with the newest equipment, Fitness room, spinning-bikes, personal trainer, classes of yoga, TRX and much more. To relax after sportive activities you can enjoy the Sauna, Jacuzzi and Turkish bath and sport massage. (Charge) The Sports Center can be used for a small fee for Clients of the Hotel. Accommodation-Apartments 1 bedroom apartments are distributed in a separate bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe with safe (for rent), bathroom with tub / shower, living room with sofa-bed of an individual place, telephone and satellite TV. A fully equipped kitchen with 2 cooking hobs, fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster. The balcony or terrace has furniture. The family apartments offer the same facilities but with 2-bedrooms and 4 single beds, 2 per room. Santa Rosa has rooms and facilities for disabled guests. (Under request) Please, contact Santa Rosa if you need to rent a scooter, wheelchair, etc. Upon arrival. During the stay the cleaning of the apartments is done 5 times per week, with 3 changes of towels per week and 1 change of linen every 5 days. Facilities and Service The reception remains open 24 hours for your safety and comfort with luggage storage and showers, and 4 Internet terminals (charge). Surrounded by a large garden area and a solarium you find the outdoor saltwater pool (heated in winter by solar panels) with separate children's pool and outdoor playground, sun loungers and parasols. Just beside the pool area you have a Snack bar with free Wi-Fi connection were you can enjoy snacks, light meals and drinks. It also features 2 restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner where you can choose between international themed buffet and a la carte service. (Free Wi-Fi) The complex also offers installations to play Mini-Golf, Volleyball, Football, Basketball and Petanque (free of charge) And 2 Paddle-tennis-courts (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Hotel.de so you can book your Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Rosa Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Hotel Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise