We stayed at Santa Rosa 25th May-1st June and it was our second visit (the first being in August 2010).
We flew Jet2 Holidays on a half board basis. Prior to arriving I had emailed the hotel asking them for a "good room with a view". We arrived around 9.30pm and were greeted by the pleasant Aurora on reception. She brought up our reservation and had allocated us room 2007 on the 2nd floor. She told us they could change it if we didn't like it. No need. We liked it!!!
The weather which greeted us at the airport was not great to say the least. In fact, for almost 5 days the sun did not make an appearance until late afternoon, sometimes into the evening.
I certainly will have second thoughts about Lanzarote in May again.
Costa Teguise is a lovely resort. Windy, but in the height of the summer it can be a pleasant wind.
The breakfast is very good. Plenty on offer as is the evening dinner. Not the best menu I've ever eaten from but you can always find something to eat! Hot & cold themed buffet with a chef cooking fresh bacon, eggs & pancakes in the morning and either fish or grilled meats in the evening.
Our room was good with a nice long balcony. If I were to make complaints it would be about the beds. They are so uncomfortable that I spent the entire week sleeping on the sofa in the lounge area. Also, the cleaning could be a lot better. The towels are supposed to be changed 5 times per week but we had changes 2 days running then nothing for 3 days!!!
The swimming pool as a lot of people have said is freezing cold. I remember it being cold in August but when the sun was belting down then at 40 degrees the cold pool was a Godsend. Not in May, when it's cloudy & windy!
The pool bar is quite good. Cheap and cheerful.
Entertainment on the complex is adequate. We quite liked the 'body art' performer Diana King. She was a class act for such a venue. The reptile show could have been better. And the bar lady in the entertainment/bowling alley could do with lightening up. Don't think I saw her crack a smile in the whole week.
We ate out every lunch in Costa Teguise (and also 1 of the evenings) and I can recommend Casa Luis tapas bar next to the Super Dino close to the Santa Rosa. Also La Hacienda Tex-Mex, El Maestro Tex-Mex in CT centre.
We hired a car to get around and I can also recommend a trip upto Mirador Del Rio overlooking La Graciosa island. Breathtaking views!!!
Waverider speedboat thrills in Peurto Del Carmen also highly recommended.
Already thinking about our 3rd visit to Santa Rosa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and Resort The apartment complex is located in Costa Teguise 350m to the beach of Playa Bastian. The town centre is only 1 km away, the capital in 6 km and to the airport only 12 km. The Santa Rosa is perfect for relaxed family holidays and now it is also your destination for a sport and active accommodation. Always thinking on the families it offers a complete entertainment program for children , 1500m2 leisure center with a Indoor Children Playground, ball pond, soft play area with slides, climbs, bridges, face painting, football, play-station, television room, (free of charge) pool table and as well as an professional Brunswick 10 pin bowing alley with 4 tracks .(Charge) The new Sports Center, opened in May 2013, offers you a wide range of sport facilities, a heated indoor semi Olympic pool of 25 meters and one heated 6x6m pool for children and rehabilitation. It also provides a fully equipped Gym with the newest equipment, Fitness room, spinning-bikes, personal trainer, classes of yoga, TRX and much more. To relax after sportive activities you can enjoy the Sauna, Jacuzzi and Turkish bath and sport massage. (Charge) The Sports Center can be used for a small fee for Clients of the Hotel. Accommodation-Apartments 1 bedroom apartments are distributed in a separate bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe with safe (for rent), bathroom with tub / shower, living room with sofa-bed of an individual place, telephone and satellite TV. A fully equipped kitchen with 2 cooking hobs, fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster. The balcony or terrace has furniture. The family apartments offer the same facilities but with 2-bedrooms and 4 single beds, 2 per room. Santa Rosa has rooms and facilities for disabled guests. (Under request) Please, contact Santa Rosa if you need to rent a scooter, wheelchair, etc. Upon arrival. During the stay the cleaning of the apartments is done 5 times per week, with 3 changes of towels per week and 1 change of linen every 5 days. Facilities and Service The reception remains open 24 hours for your safety and comfort with luggage storage and showers, and 4 Internet terminals (charge). Surrounded by a large garden area and a solarium you find the outdoor saltwater pool (heated in winter by solar panels) with separate children's pool and outdoor playground, sun loungers and parasols. Just beside the pool area you have a Snack bar with free Wi-Fi connection were you can enjoy snacks, light meals and drinks. It also features 2 restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner where you can choose between international themed buffet and a la carte service. (Free Wi-Fi) The complex also offers installations to play Mini-Golf, Volleyball, Football, Basketball and Petanque (free of charge) And 2 Paddle-tennis-courts (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Rosa Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Hotel Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise