“lovely area”

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Heathfield, United Kingdom
“lovely area”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here for a week, it was very clean, staff friendly and helpful.
booked a couple of trips, Teguise market is worth a visit, it was huge. Also the grand tour taking in Timpanfiya volcano, amazing tour

Room Tip: Lovely quiet area, a better resort cucharus playa was a 15 minute walk away which had a lot more on...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank 426happycustomer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had a brilliant time, very clean very relaxing very safe
the rooms were kept clean and the pool area was manned all the time, a lovely walk to nearby shops and bars and restaurants, would go back again

Room Tip: ask for one overlooking the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank 330Gail58
Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Having just returned from yet another excellent stay at the santa rosa .We would just like to thank all the staff on the reception for all their help in making our holiday so enjoyable. After we were put in a room which was immaculate but unfortunately up two flights of stairs which my wife found a problem through a bad back, on asking for a room change to the ground floor within one day we were moved to another lovely room. No doubt we will be back for our third stay at the santa rosa next year.

Room 2001-1088

6 Thank davidjleary
Sheffield
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here from 12 June for 2 weeks.

Resort
The hotel is 20 minutes from the airport. We arrived an hour after we landed!!!! Costa teguise itself is a nice and quiet resort. Santa rosa is outside the town centre and is a 20 minute walk along the beach by going down the hill where Playa bastian apartments is. Some bars and restaurants and supermarket are by the hotel but most of the bars, restaurants and shops are in the town centre.

Hotel staff
friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Booked rancho texas country night and teguise market through reception.

Entertainment
Entertainment is mainly aimed at families with children. Not much night time entertainment exists so we went for a walk round the town or to one of the bars outside the hotel. They do have a bowling alley

Food and drink
Lovely food and drink. We went half board and breakfast and dinner was nice. Pool bar serves good food and drinks are cheap. They do happy hour on drinks 2-4-1 between 4pm - 6pm everyday.

Cleaning
Maids came 5 days a week to clean the room and did a good job.

Rooms
We requested a bungalow before we arrived by emailing the hotel. We got one!!
Nice and basic with kitchen, tv, safe, bathroom, bedroom and sofa. No air con in room which is a big problem at night. We have to had the window open, cos of this we got badly bitten by mossies and ended up buying spray for the room.

Free wifi access at pool bar, bowling alley and reception.

We really enjoyed it and def will go back again.

6 Thank lozchuckles
NOTTINGHAM
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a two week stay from the Santa Rosa apartments. This was our second visit the first being a couple of years ago in November.
I emailed ahead and asked for a second floor apartment over looking the pool and that is exactly what I got, it was lovely large and freshly refurbished , they even gave us a bottle of wine and fruit. It had a big television with BBC and itv and a music channel . A big bathroom with a hair dryer. We had good maid service , the apartment was immaculate.
The grounds are also immaculate with a large pool but be warned it is on the chilly side but once your in your fine after a while.you do need to be up fairly early to secure a sunbed earlier if you want a shade too! Maybe they could do with more but people hoarding them doesn't help!!. To be fair the life guard did remove towels on a few occasions and for a few days at least there were always beds available.
We were self catering but we did go into breakfast a few times at a cost of 5 euros per person. I can't say what the evening meal was like but breakfast was lovely.
The pool bar does some really nice snacks , pizzas , hot dogs sandwiches at a reasonable price.they did get our order muddled up a few times this could have been due to the rather too loud music they have playing making it difficult to hear what anyone was saying! One morning they were playing it at 8am!!! Please turn it down and don't turn it on until at least pool opening which is 10am.
There were School parties of Spanish children there who I believe are only there a couple of weeks in June but boy are they loud, another reviewer has mentioned this I believe at 6pm they were in the pool making as much noise as humanly possible so forget a quiet drink on your balcony but they aren't always there and went on trips during the day luckily.
The location is a little way out of town but it is only a twenty minute walk along a lovely promenade into town. There are some lovely resteraunts of all types close to the apartments all ranging in price but all very good.
The best beach is in town but beware of the sea when the waves are coming in the sea can be a dangerous place as we sadly witnessed whilst on it !.
We will be visiting again without doubt we do love it there and a real bargain for the price you pay.

• Stayed June 2014
11 Thank LOLIPOP39
London
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

How anyone can complain about Santa Rosa is beyond me. From the moment I got there everything was perfect from the word go. The head receptionist Olga along with the other reception staff could not have been more helpful. The food was a good standard, and the rooms were kept very clean by the pleasant cleaners, nothing was too much trouble for them. I come here year after year and I see repeat clients so Santa Rosa must be doing something right. Even Felix the manager takes the trouble to speak to clients on his rounds (don't mention Spain and the World Cup though) haha.

The only thing I would suggest is maybe the towels could be replaced before long. The current ones are perhaps a little worn.

Anyway a good value holiday all round.

7 Thank Ray T
North Lanarkshire
Reviewed 20 June 2014

It is important from the outset to state that there are 2 separate types of apartments in the resort. There is Santa Rosa with mainly ground bungalows and a few 1st floor apartments and also the Santa Rosa Club which are property bonds; many people would recognise as timeshare apartments. These club apartments are privately owned luxury apartments and only Club members get these. The Club apartments also have their own private access, security entry, private car park and private swimming pool which other mainstream holiday makers are not allowed to use. From what I can gather, both Santa Rosa Apartments and the Santa Rosa Club are owned by the company HPB (Holiday Property Bonds).

The Santa Rosa Apartments. These are basic yet very spacious. Ours consisted of large sliding patio doors as the main entrance which leads straight into the lounge/kitchen area. There was a wooden framed and flat cushioned lounger as well as a chair, large coffee table and large LCD TV. Also in the lounge is the breakfast bar table with some stools and then the kitchen cupboards, small hob, microwave. The drawers had basic kitchen utensils and cutlery. All of which were in really good condition and clean. Cupboards also had pots, some basic crockery, cups, glasses and espresso cups with saucers. Decor was pretty basic so dont expect a full matching interior design set up.

From the lounge there is a short hallway to the bedroom and in between is the bathroom. The bathroom has a nice large walk-in shower which I really liked. Obviously the toilet and a bidet, as well as a sink and large mirror. Again the decor is pretty basic yet it was very clean. It wasn't sparkling clean in every nook n cranny as it is mainly tiled material and the corners of these are often gathered with a little dirt or so. I certainly did not have any issues with the bathroom and enjoyed the shower every morning and afternoon. You do get basic toiletries like loo-roll, shower gel and shampoo sachets included.

Finally through to the bedroom and we were greeted with a twin bed room. This was disappointing for us as it was my partner and I on holiday and we had to sleep in separate single beds. We tried to push the beds together every night which was a bit of a pain but they kept sliding apart. Bed clothing again is basic; thin white linen covers and a slightly thicker patterns bed cover. Trust me you wont want any more than this. The room itself is very spacious and a very large wardrobe to hold more than a fortnights worth of clothes along with hangers. There is a safe in the room which comes at an extra change but we didnt use it. The bedroom has 2 sets of shutters, the outside are slatted shutters which do lock and the inside are windows and again these also lock. We opened the inside set and kept the outside set locked. When you do this which having the front patio slider door open it creates a nice draft through the rooms which cools the air a little. Once thing to highlight here is that there is NO air-conditioning. Costa Teguise is fairly windy and you will be glad of this however in the late evenings it can get very stuffy with the hot air especially if you have the windows locked. You can hire a portable fan from reception at a cost however a fan blowing hot air around a room isnt quite as effective nor as comfortable as air-conditioning.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the apartment and its offerings. The only downsides for me were the lack of a double bed and no air-con. Having both of these would have made the holiday a whole lot better as it was a holiday to spend time together, and being in single beds didnt help at all. Cleaning services were every other day. The brochures in the room state that bed sheets are changed every 5 days and towel/cleaning is done 3 times per week. To be honest it felt like the housekeeping staff were around more often which was nice and they were really friendly.

The resort itself is nice and you will appreciate the lovely scenery although there isnt much it actually looks and feels really nice walking around the very green grass and palm trees. Our apartment was pool side which was nice however as it was next to a main walkway and the pool then it can and did get very noisy quite often. There are pros and cons to having a pool side apartment though. Step right outside your door and the pool is within a 30 feet walk along with the sunbeds. If you do wish to reserve a sunbed then you will need to be up early. Probably around 7am, maybe earlier if you want a particular spot. I watched some old couple have the same spot for almost 2 weeks and the must have got up before 6am to put their towels on the sunbeds. Some people do take a sunbed over to their apartment and lay on it outside their door. There are signs and leaflets stating that this is not allowed but very few people did this so as far as I was concerned it wasnt really an issue.

The pool itself is really nice and covers varying depths so be aware if you are letting your kids go in themselves. there is a shallow end and it gets deeper the further into the pool you go. The water is absolutely freezing cold and thats no lie. Its almost an uncomfortable coldness but I would encourage people to try the pool for themselves. There is a childrens pool which is about 20-30cm deep and about 15ft square. While the resort residents vary in age and group sizes it was obvious to me during my time there that it was mainly families with younger kids. There was a good mix of age groups, couples both young and old but I would say more weighted to the family side. This being the case then you should expect kids jumping about going crazy enjoying themselves and expect noise to go with it! lol. If you are expecting to sit by the pool and soak up the run in a nice peaceful and quiet setting then you might get lucky in the morning but by late morning and afternoon it can get rather rowdy. Talking about kids, also expect groups of teenagers to invade the place. While we were there we counted around 3 separate groups of about 30 over the space of 2 weeks. We gathered that schools from Spanish mainland take the kits on holiday here for a few days as they always arrived with about half a dozen monitors/teachers. Come 6pm then expect the pool to look like a water park with about 30 kids storming the place. Bang goes your quite evening sunshine rest! lol. They can also get pretty noisy as you can imagine as they are on holiday for a few days with their classmates.

In terms of food, the restaurant is buffet style. We were on half-board so breakfast and dinner was included. What impressed me most was that the food was always fresh and never had that 'its been lying a while' look about it. The chefs were always on the ball stocking up, cooking at the plate and making sure that food was available. The selection may not suit everyone but I really enjoyed the pork, especially the pork down in chestnut. The food was really tasty. I cant stress enough though that some people will comment and say that there is not enough variety however if you actually look at what has been put out then there is a plethora of choice. You may not like it but you will never please everybody. The restaurant staff are amazingly helpful and nice as well. One thing you will soon realise is that there is no free drinks at dinner. No water, no soft drinks. You have to pay for soft drinks. We usually bought 2 cokes, which at 2 Euros (around £1.30) for a 200ml bottle of coke then this adds up over 2 weeks. Breakfast is a little different as there is free coffee machines which produce lattes, coffees and espressos. There is also a fruit juice machine which offers free OJ, Apple and Fruit juice. I do have to say that the breakfasts are again delicious and fresh. Really tasty indeed. For the fortnight I was there the restaurant was never really busy at all at breakfast or dinner. Tables were always available and I never had to queue at all, not once.

Entertainment is dare I say non existent. As I stated earlier, it appears to weighted more for families therefore there is kids entertainment programmes and early evening entertainment for kids like disco's but adult entertainment is really empty to be honest. In terms of other offerings, there is free WiFi in the pool area at and around the pool bar. There is also free WiFi in reception and also the restaurants. I thought this was great and if you were really lucky to get an apartment close to these areas then you could pick the signal up in your apartment! If you have hired a car then parking is available at the front reception (around 10 spaces) and also the rear entrance (again, around 10-15 spaces). If both are full then free parking at the roadside is an option. However during my 2 week stay there was always a space at the front reception parking area.

As i mentioned, there is a pool bar. This is really a great little area. There are tables and chairs where you can enjoy snacks, burgers, wraps, pizzas etc and it is not extortionate like many other pool bars in resorts. Prices were really favourable to be honest and I felt like it was really good value for money. Happy hour is amazing. Cocktails are 3.50 Euros but you get 2-for-1 during HH so 2 cocktails for around £2.50 and its not small measures either, its real cocktail menu with free pour method. Same applies to the beer, 2 pints for the price of 1!

If you need to go to the shops or want to eat out then there are plenty of places right on the door step as you walk out the reception door. The selection varies from pub grub to chinese, asian, intimate restaurants etc. All vary in price and many have their menus freely available to view before you enter the place. We enjoyed eating at the Cavern. Nice little homely pub and the staff were really nice and friendly (given that we were Scottish and it was an English decorated pub! lol) I didnt mind, the food was tasty, the service was friendly and it was a nice place to sit and enjoy a drink. They also have live music most, if not every night. There are a plethora of shops, restaurants and supermarkets within a couple of minutes walk should you need them. If you are brave and fancy a walk in the sunshine then the centre of Costa Teguise is about a 20 minute walk away. Here you will find a more lively and larger scaled element of shopping, eating, beaches, tours etc. If you are on a budget or just like Chinese then there is a wonderful restaurant called The Tiananmen as you enter the town centre from the main route roads. For 5.95 Euros you can sit in and have an all-you-can-eat buffer that has soups, veg, all key menu dishes as well as desserts. I would strongly recommend trying the buffet, you will not be disappointed and the staff are really friendly and welcoming.

Overall I really enjoyed Santa Rosa Apartments and staying there. While I didn't use the entertainment elements, I found the food to be tasty and more than satisfactory. The staff work really hard and do provide a welcoming feeling and keep the grounds nice and clean. If you are not to stringent with your expectations then you will enjoy Santa Rosa with its varying resident types. I really liked staying here however the lack of double beds and air-conditioning is something that did leave a lasting effect with me and it would put me off staying here again. If both these things changed then I would happily stay at Santa Rosa year on year. Sadly next year it will be somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you are an avid sunbed seeker and don't mind noise then pool side bungalows are the ones you...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple