This was our first year of booking a Family holiday during the School Holidays. We have two boys aged 5 and 2. We have been used to 5* All Inclusive resorts for the past few years enjoyed in term time but this year we had a budget. We chose Santa Rosa Self catering because we got it for a great price for 12 nights and because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor.
**If you are looking for a great base for a family holiday in good 3* accommodation you will not be disappointed**
We had a one bedroom refurbished bungalow near to the pool which was excellent with two young children. It was spacious and equipped enough to get by, however we ate out every night. There is no air conditioning but this wasn't an issue, there are shutters which let the wonderful breeze through. It actually drops cooler at night too.
The Pool is large, cold and yes salt water. It does seem strange but didn't prove a problem with our kids once they were used to it. There are showers provided on the poolside to wash the salt off after your swim. The pool is cold but refreshing once your in and it was busy with children and adults having fun. Sunbeds being reserved is an issue and i'm afraid to say after a couple of days we also took part in getting up before 9am and reserving a couple with towels, because if we didn't we wouldn't have got one. August is probably the busiest month of the year.
The Complex has some lovely Restaurants right on the doorstep. The Cavern Pub is delicious and very reasonably priced. The Santa Rosa Wok, an all you can eat buffet is also one of the best Chinese Restaurants we have been to. There is also a supermarket for daily essentials.
The Complex is clean, well maintained, spacious. It has a small park area next to the pool for the kids to play. It feels safe and I was happy for my kids to run around with some freedom where they were always in my view.
Happy Hour is great... two pints of Lager for 2 Euros! 4pm-6pm at the Pool Bar. Also 9pm-10pm by Mini Disco. Also Cocktails and Soft drinks are 241.
Kids club- What can I say FANTASTIC. How many Self Catering Complex's offer free kids club 6 days a week? The Women who run it, Virginia and Marta are excellent with the children. I was so impressed. Children 4 and over can be left and 3 and under are welcome to stay and play with a parent. Remember to pack socks for the kids! Kids club is 10am-1.30pm and mini disco 9pm-10pm. The Kids club room is a large indoor play area, disco room and party room. Its right next to the entertainment area and bowling. Bowling is also great fun at 2 Euros each.
The main square is a 20 minute walk from the Santa Rosa (with two young kids). Most direct route is left out of the hotel onto main road. Turn right down side street signposted "Playa Bastian" past a lovely Restaurant called Sausalito. This takes you onto the promenade which is a beautiful scenic walk. Walk left on the promenade past the large Kids playground then instead of bearing right and staying on the coastal walk carry straight on. This will take you directly into the main square with loads of shops, restaurants etc. You can continue on the promenade and its a beautiful walk along the coast but it will add an extra 25 mins.
WiFi can be intermittent but FREE. Seriously you're on holiday!!!!
Reception Staff are Excellent, very knowledgeable and friendly.
We have had a fantastic family holiday here and are already talking about returning next year. It says a lot about a place when most of the families we spoke to were return visitors. One family were on their 6th visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and Resort The apartment complex is located in Costa Teguise 350m to the beach of Playa Bastian. The town centre is only 1 km away, the capital in 6 km and to the airport only 12 km. The Santa Rosa is perfect for relaxed family holidays and now it is also your destination for a sport and active accommodation. Always thinking on the families it offers a complete entertainment program for children , 1500m2 leisure center with a Indoor Children Playground, ball pond, soft play area with slides, climbs, bridges, face painting, football, play-station, television room, (free of charge) pool table and as well as an professional Brunswick 10 pin bowing alley with 4 tracks .(Charge) The new Sports Center, opened in May 2013, offers you a wide range of sport facilities, a heated indoor semi Olympic pool of 25 meters and one heated 6x6m pool for children and rehabilitation. It also provides a fully equipped Gym with the newest equipment, Fitness room, spinning-bikes, personal trainer, classes of yoga, TRX and much more. To relax after sportive activities you can enjoy the Sauna, Jacuzzi and Turkish bath and sport massage. (Charge) The Sports Center can be used for a small fee for Clients of the Hotel. Accommodation-Apartments 1 bedroom apartments are distributed in a separate bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe with safe (for rent), bathroom with tub / shower, living room with sofa-bed of an individual place, telephone and satellite TV. A fully equipped kitchen with 2 cooking hobs, fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster. The balcony or terrace has furniture. The family apartments offer the same facilities but with 2-bedrooms and 4 single beds, 2 per room. Santa Rosa has rooms and facilities for disabled guests. (Under request) Please, contact Santa Rosa if you need to rent a scooter, wheelchair, etc. Upon arrival. During the stay the cleaning of the apartments is done 5 times per week, with 3 changes of towels per week and 1 change of linen every 5 days. Facilities and Service The reception remains open 24 hours for your safety and comfort with luggage storage and showers, and 4 Internet terminals (charge). Surrounded by a large garden area and a solarium you find the outdoor saltwater pool (heated in winter by solar panels) with separate children's pool and outdoor playground, sun loungers and parasols. Just beside the pool area you have a Snack bar with free Wi-Fi connection were you can enjoy snacks, light meals and drinks. It also features 2 restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner where you can choose between international themed buffet and a la carte service. (Free Wi-Fi) The complex also offers installations to play Mini-Golf, Volleyball, Football, Basketball and Petanque (free of charge) And 2 Paddle-tennis-courts (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Rosa Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Hotel Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise