My wife and I, took our youngest daughter (age 13) for a 10 day holiday to the Diverhotel Playaverde, Costa Teguise, Lanzarote in August 2013.
The hotel was great value for money. We had a large family room with TV, bath/showerroom, changing room/area which was all kept regularly clean by friendly cleaners. The aircon in the room was just enough to give a comfortable nights sleep, especially when combined with the ceiling fan. Although the room was larger than most other hotels we have stayed in, it is worth paying the extra to upgrade to a suite as some people we met had done for a total of 60 euros for 4 people for a fortnight.
The pools felt cool on entry which provided great cooling off from the heat of the day, but soon felt warmer once in for a minute or two. The pools were shallow in most areas which suited most families with younger children even toddlers. we felt they could have been cleaned more than they were as you could feel grit at the bottom in some areas. On the whole though the pools were fantastic.
In other areas you could play crazy golf, giant chess, archery or have fun with your kids in the park area, all well maintained. We couldn't figure out what the large sunken area filled with palm trees was for though??
The standard of the food was excellent with everything being fresh and well cooked. The choice was wide and varied with fish, meat, salads, vegetables as well chips pizza etc for the fussy lol.
Bottled water in fridges were all over the hotel for you to help yourself at anytime. Help your self beer taps were also available as were most other alcoholic drinks until 1am. The spirits were all top brands such as Gordons Gin or Ballantines whisky, and of course all served in large measures by very friendly staff. The wines were not as good as we had hoped for, but when it comes to wine we are fussy. Plenty of soft drinks and slushes for the kids also self-service.
The staff were excellent, friendly, helpful and fun. You get back what you give we say. Richard behind the bar was particularly great, if you go call him Fred and tell him his dicky bow is upside-down:-)
Lanzarote is equatorial and as such the sun is very strong. Even when its cloudy you will get burnt without high factor sun cream. The number of unfortunate people we saw that looked as though they had been slapped silly was unreal. even kids with blisters. I wore SPF50 and 30 and came back with a glorious tan anything lower is risky. Lanzarote is known as the windy island for a reason! the wind is actually very welcome especially in the heat of the day.
The animation team do a fantastic job during the day, entertaining by the pool with crazy costumes and funny dance routines. HOWEVER the entertainment for adults is very poor so we didn't bother. its a good job we make friends easily and kept ourselves entertained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Costa Bastian is situated just a few kilometres away from the island's capital, Arrecife, and along the Teguise Coast, one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Lanzarote. Thanks to its privileged position, you will be a few meters away from its services, beaches, green areas and, above all, the sensation of freedom and tranquillity which reigns supreme here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Sea Costa Bastian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Playaverde Costa Teguise
- Lti Playaverde Hotel Costa Teguise
- Blue Sea Costa Bastian Lanzarote/Costa Teguise