“Everything you could ask for from a 4 *all inclusive resort!”

Diverhotel Lanzarote
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Everything you could ask for from a 4 *all inclusive resort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 days, and really cannot fault this hotel, only downside, if you can call it that, was the distance away from teguise centre. However if you got a taxi only 3 -4 euro each way if your not up for the 10 min walk. There was also a supermarket only a 3 minute walk if you needed supplies through the back exit of the hotel, if you ask reception staff they are more than happy to show you where to go.

The food for an all inclusive point of view was actually pretty good and the options you got were really varied. Each day there was something new, along with your usual vareity for those who like to eat chips and pizza everyday. For those who like to try other things there was so much on offer, and unless you were having the salads or cold meat selections, the foods were always hot.

Staff very attentive, pool was very clean and had two jacquzi's with a childs pool and a seperate pool for slides and shoots on top of the main pool with waterfall features. Spacious rooms, even the grounds of the hotel were large as included mini golf, darts, pool bar, 2 night bars, swing park for the kids.

The rooms as said before are large, but many reviews have failed to mention the free air conditioning, which is a bonus. Can hire towels for the pool and room comes with a fan if your still too hot from the heat. All you need to pay for is the safe and if you want more than the 1 hour free wifi a day at the hotel just pay at reception only 20 euro for the week.

There is just no pleasing some people, but if you have been all inclusive before or this is your first time, I would'nt hesitate to come here again!!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Natasha A
P-Stor, Gerente at Diverhotel Lanzarote, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for giving your point of view about the Diverhotel Playaverde. The whole staff in this hotel works hard to improve each day and to have satisfied guests. Our main goal is to want guests to come back and spend again the best days of the year with us, and in your case we have achieved our goal.
As this is a family welcome hotel, our facilities have lots of fun and playing areas and a great variety of food to adapt to every taste and nationality.
I remain at your complete disposal and do not hesitate to contact me personally for any enquiries regarding your next stay with us.

Lena Concepción- Manager Diverhotel Playa Verde

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

the hotel was v clean , the room we had , had a tree right in front of it so no view, the pool area was nice for adults and kids , the entertainment was poor as the reps never spoke much english so we never had a clue what they was on about or the acts , the food side was v poor the only time it was hot was when they cooked it for you , the food was luke warm or too cold to eat that was after the doors was open for service the choice seemed too get worse as week went on even the soup bowl`s all seemed to have chips on edge and plates that wasnt cleaned from before, this spoilt my holiday sorry no way is this 4 star

Room Tip: dont have room 231 , plus use back exit gate to get too the beach short cut
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
P-Stor, Gerente at Diverhotel Lanzarote, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear guest,

First of all thank you for your comments, because it is the best way for us to know our weak points and how to improve them.
An essential requirement for employing staff in Playa Senator hotels, is that staff, and mostly the Animation Team, speaks English. They are made an English test when they are interviewed.
Regarding the food temperature, I must apologize and will talk to the head of kitchen to see what the problem could be, as our installations at the restaurant are designed to keep food warm.
There are rooms located on higher floors or in other areas which could have given you a better view over the pool. For your next visit, we will be pleased to give you a nice room with a nice view.
The whole team of the Diverhotel Playaverde is at your disposal and hope to see you again.

Yours sincerely,

Lena Concepción – Manager Diverhotel Playaverde.
rhyl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I am currently 8 days into two week stay at playaverde and it has been a nice relaxing time so far the food is excellent with plenty to choose from the rooms are very spacious with massive beds good bathroom facilities.the staff are all very helpful the pools are very nice. the bar serves branded drinks which is rare for all inclusive all in all a very nice relaxed holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor have nice sea view
2 Thank stephen t
Dear guest;

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your holidays with us and I will personally notify all the staff your satisfaction.
We stay at your entire disposal and hope that you return to visit us in future holidays. Meanwhile, we will continue to work hard each day to improve each day.

Lena Concepcion – Manager Diverhotel Playaverde
Rotherham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights with 4 children aged 11, 2 and 2 at 6. we had a 2 bedroomed apartment with connecting door which was clean and spacious. The air conditioning didnt work in either rooms but we has a fan which was loud and looked like it was going to fall off. luckily my 2 year old was waking up at 7am every morning so i was up early enough to get some sunbeds for us. iv never been to a hotel where your struggling to get a sunbed at 7am!! Pool area was ok, Kids really enjoyed the water slides, but the tiles were coming off in the pools and one day my daughter cut her foot whilst playing in the pool.The snack bar was ok served, chips, hot dogs and burgers every day, the self service slush machines were a big hit with the children. I was very dissapointed with the entertainment, they never involved any english children and spoke minium english. usually you have music playing round the pool but they only did this on selected days for an hour, the night entertainment was terrible and very repetitive couldnt really understand the entertainment team when they was talking.The Food was ok, not great.
Locoation wasnt great either were out of the way although we didint mind paying the 3 euros to go down into the town which was very nice with a selection of bars, restuarants and shops and a nice beach.
We wouldnt return to this hotel again but overall not a bad holiday!

2 Thank blondeg2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments and for choosing Diverhotel Playaverde as your holiday residence.
Our entertainment programme is settled for the whole week and changes the following week. There is an offer of activities for adults, kids and teenagers. The evening entertainment starts with a minidisco for the youngest ones and at 10 pm we offer activities for adults, including external shows as magicians, dance shows, circus, flamenco, ...
We hope to make up for the points you have mentioned and have the opportunity of welcoming you again in Playa Senator Hotels. You can visit our website, call our head office or contact me directly to get further information about our hotel choice all along Spain.

Lena concepción – Manager Diverhotel Playaverde
Stratford-upon-Avon, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

My wife and I, took our youngest daughter (age 13) for a 10 day holiday to the Diverhotel Playaverde, Costa Teguise, Lanzarote in August 2013.

Hotel:
The hotel was great value for money. We had a large family room with TV, bath/showerroom, changing room/area which was all kept regularly clean by friendly cleaners. The aircon in the room was just enough to give a comfortable nights sleep, especially when combined with the ceiling fan. Although the room was larger than most other hotels we have stayed in, it is worth paying the extra to upgrade to a suite as some people we met had done for a total of 60 euros for 4 people for a fortnight.
The pools felt cool on entry which provided great cooling off from the heat of the day, but soon felt warmer once in for a minute or two. The pools were shallow in most areas which suited most families with younger children even toddlers. we felt they could have been cleaned more than they were as you could feel grit at the bottom in some areas. On the whole though the pools were fantastic.
In other areas you could play crazy golf, giant chess, archery or have fun with your kids in the park area, all well maintained. We couldn't figure out what the large sunken area filled with palm trees was for though??
Food:
The standard of the food was excellent with everything being fresh and well cooked. The choice was wide and varied with fish, meat, salads, vegetables as well chips pizza etc for the fussy lol.
Drink:
Bottled water in fridges were all over the hotel for you to help yourself at anytime. Help your self beer taps were also available as were most other alcoholic drinks until 1am. The spirits were all top brands such as Gordons Gin or Ballantines whisky, and of course all served in large measures by very friendly staff. The wines were not as good as we had hoped for, but when it comes to wine we are fussy. Plenty of soft drinks and slushes for the kids also self-service.
Staff:
The staff were excellent, friendly, helpful and fun. You get back what you give we say. Richard behind the bar was particularly great, if you go call him Fred and tell him his dicky bow is upside-down:-)
Weather:
Lanzarote is equatorial and as such the sun is very strong. Even when its cloudy you will get burnt without high factor sun cream. The number of unfortunate people we saw that looked as though they had been slapped silly was unreal. even kids with blisters. I wore SPF50 and 30 and came back with a glorious tan anything lower is risky. Lanzarote is known as the windy island for a reason! the wind is actually very welcome especially in the heat of the day.
Entertainment:
The animation team do a fantastic job during the day, entertaining by the pool with crazy costumes and funny dance routines. HOWEVER the entertainment for adults is very poor so we didn't bother. its a good job we make friends easily and kept ourselves entertained.

Room Tip: Pay tthe small ammount extra to upgrade to a suite.
1 Thank Ross_Nicholls
Orpington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

As various other people's plans had changed, I booked a fairly last minute break away on my own, as I still wanted to get away during the holidays. Like many people, I use reviews to give myself an idea of the place. As the majority of reviews were positive, that was good. The negative points raised seemed to largely focus on the food not being English enough or small gripes about personal experiences. I must admit I was sold on that idea. Personally, I like to go on holiday and eat the local style food, so this sounded for me.

When I arrived, I was very pleased by the layout of the place. I was in a Double/Twin room on the first floor, facing away from the pool but incredibly close to it nonetheless. The room was spotlessly clean and had all of the facilities one would expect: Air-con, fan, fridge, balcony area, etc. My one slight criticism would be that you had to pay extra to use the in-room safe. I would have expected that to be included. The room was cleaned every day and I had no complaints there.

The food was everything I could have hoped for. Whilst the majority of the food was laid out in the buffet section in the middle of the restaurant, there was also the "show" cooking area at the far end, where they constantly cooked a range of fresh things. For dinner and lunch, one member of staff constantly made pizza, one cooked fresh meat and fish and another cooked crepes, whilst fresh pasta and paella and other options were there too. At breakfast time you could get freshly fried eggs or, my favourite, an omelette cooked with choice of fillings. I also really loved the buffet food. There was always a good selection available to suit a variety of tastes. Whilst some could go a little cold (it was a buffet after all,) I only experienced that with one or two trays in my time there.

The additional plus of the all-inclusive was the bar and snacks available. Throughout the day there was food on offer constantly. Whether it be burgers, hot-dogs, chips from the pool bar or sandwiches and pastries in the evening in the main bar, there was something there. Added to this was the constant availability of crisps and ice-creams. For drinks you could help yourself to soft carbonated drinks, fruit juices, coffee/tea etc, slush puppies, beer and bottled water. (Also wine at meal times.) All the rest of the alcohol was available from the bar staff, who were the friendliest and most helpful bar staff I have ever been served by. Nothing was too much trouble and I loved the way they used quiet times to restock water and empty bins etc - they were never still!

Now, I am not really a sit-around the pool kind of person but even I did enjoy the times I chose to do so. Whilst people did reserve loungers with towels, you could still get one by the end of breakfast time - 10am. My only slight complaint about that would be with the people who reserve the loungers and then do not come to sit on them until the afternoon or not at all. I am not sure what can be done about it but at least there was not the undignified scramble and fight for loungers as can occur at some places. I actually really enjoyed my time in the pool and heated spa pool and on the Sun lounger for the day I chose to do it, though really must make sure I don't miss any bits with Sun cream if I do it again... My one problem with the area was the lack of shade. Not enough available whilst I was there and the Sun was very fierce.

I would have preferred a gym at the hotel but I did manage to find 2 alternatives. Firstly was the range of resistance machines on the promenade itself, which many people use as part of their daily exercise. Secondly, was the near by (5 minutes walk) Lifestyles gym, which could be joined for the day or week. It was 8 Euros for the day or 25 for the week, so it does add to the cost of the holiday.

During the day, the entertainment team worked their socks off, keeping children and adults happy with a range of games and activities. The evening entertainment was very much hit and miss, however. The out sourced shows tended to be fairly decent but the ones produced by the overworked entertainments team tended to be poor, despite their wonderful enthusiasm. However, you could go into town or just stay in the bar if that became too painful.

The hotel is on the outskirts of Costa Teguise, which does mean you need to travel if you are going to the beach or the town centre. Personally, I enjoyed the walks but it was also very cheap to get a taxi. I enjoyed walking and finding various local bars. There are several catering for an English audience a few minutes walk away (if that was wanted) and my personal favourite was the small Spanish bar located opposite the gym, which I used as a waypoint on my walks.

I loved the fact that, despite the fact the hotel was full and the alcohol freely flowing, I never once saw any drunken loutish behaviour. Yes, it could be relatively noisy but the noise never once disturbed me if I was in my room before the bar closed. I went for relaxation and a break from the pressures of work and that is exactly what I got. I really enjoyed this hotel and have already been working on convincing friends to come along on my next trip, as I would like to see if the experience was a different when travelling as a group. I am also strongly considering a visit for my Christmas holiday, as I enjoyed it so much. Yes, there are minor flaws with the place but the fact that the staff were so friendly really made this more like slipping on a favourite pair of shoes - they may be a little worn in places but they are comfortable and you know what you are getting. That is precisely what you get here. They don't have every facility known to man and there probably is room for improvement on several areas but I loved it nonetheless.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms probably have better view but could be noisier.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Neil D
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for the time spent in your wide comments about the Diverhotel Playaverde. Almost every sector has been detailed, which gives accurate information to readers of every services offered in the hotel.

We would be pleased to welcoming you again in Christmas time or next year in a group holiday as you have mentioned. For both Christmas and Happy New Year evenings, we will prepare a special gala dinner with party afterwards with DJ and Live Music Group.

Best regards,

Lena concepcion – Manager Diverhotel Playaverde
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 11 night stay with my wife and 7 year old daughter, hotel is in a good location , it could do with some love and attention, pool is very nice but was very dirty which let it down, the slides packed up for 3 days due to a technical fault, I feel the hotel managment should have given information about this maybe a simple sign with an apology , instead hearing it second hand off other guests.if you wont a sunbed set your alarm for 7.30 am if you dont its lucky dip with all the broken worn out or shaded sunbeds.THE FOOD is bloody awful I am not fussy when it comes to food but it was always cold ! one night I choose some potato waffles I took them back to my table put one in my mouth it was stone cold, the cheff then put a new batch on the table so I returned to get some hot ones these were also cold ,the food was only 2 star in my opinion. I definitely would not recommend this hotel because there are much better hotels for the money, this is my honest opinion

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank grantyboy72
P-Stor, Gerente at Diverhotel Lanzarote, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear guest,
Thanks for your comments.
First of all, I would like to apologize personally for the inconvenience on the slides. Maybe we did not have the occasion to cross each other at the hotel, in which case, I would have apologized personally.
We feel that our hotel has not been at the height of your expectations, which really helps us to improve. As for the problem occurred with the slides, we could not fix on the fly because it was holiday in the island and all DIY shops and suppliers were closed. We make all we can to solve problems out as soon as possible.
Regarding the food temperature, I must apologize once again and will talk to the head of kitchen to see what the problem could be. A Diverhotel in Playa Senator has a variety of seven menus per week, one for each day, and includes a wide variety such as cold vegetables for salads, two-three types of fish and meat plus the meats and fishes offered in the show-cooking, a choice of 4 desserts, crêpes, rices, pasta, pizza, among other dishes.

Yours sincerely,

3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,209 reviews
Aparthotel Lanzarote Paradise
Aparthotel Lanzarote Paradise
#26 of 38 in Costa Teguise

Been to Diverhotel Lanzarote? Share your experiences!