“Dont Waste you money”

Blue Sea Costa Bastian
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We have stayed in Diver Hotel for one week. Unfortunately for the New Years Eve. Hotel is in a terrible condition. Needs renovation. Food is terrible. All food is cold and cooked on a bad oil. You see many plates with canned food, such as tuna and beens. We all know that food for lunch and dinner is reused from the previous meal. But in this case you ll fond for lunch a plate of eggs covered with a ton of mayo for example. They need to change chef. There is no animation. No gym. No sauna. Swimming pool is terribly cold and dirty. There no places to go around the hotel. So if you go stay in Diver Hotel - there is nothing to do. You get stuck in a boring place with a terrible food and no animation. We have visited other hotels around. Well, better go there. We went for a dinner to other hotel nearby. Was great, moreover they have animation. As we booked this travel through One Touristic Travel Agency we could not change the hotel. We called and wrote them but they have refused to help. If I'd find this pace by myself I'd just check out and move somewhere else. Just trust our advise, don't waste your money and time, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Julia S

998 - 1,004 of 1,679 reviews

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Starting from he reservation. When we were choosing the hotel we have called the hotel and someone at the reservation department told us that hotel has gym, sport facilities and pool. When we arrived happened to be that there is no gym, nothing to do for sport and no sauna. More than that the swimming pool they have was cold as well as jacuzzi. Food. It was terrible. I had 3 times food poisoning even if I tried to eat only salad and fruits. My husband can eat whatever. Even he could not stand the food. All food was cold. Salad was fool of water. When you enter the restaurant you feel disgusting smell. Oil they use to cook is old and stinks. Sea food was horribly cooked. Toilet was not flashing properly. Telephone: i tried to call other hotel and line was not working. i went to the reception and asked them to fix the problem. someone at the reception told me that they send us the technician and i shall wait in the room. i stayed there for 20 minutes and no one came. i called back and they said i shall wait another 20 minutes. still nothing happened. i went to the reception. finally they told me i have to pay the deposit of 100 euro so i can use my phone. they say that there is a free wifi in the hotel. not true. you have to pay 20 euro for 1 week. one day i have found a dirty stinking cloth of my table. Cleaning lady forgot it. Another day I tried to use my room key and it didn't work. There was a cleaning lady in the corridor. I haven't said anything but she came to me and opened my door without saying anything. It could be anyone trying to open my door. There was o animation on the hotel even if they say they have. nothing. The is an animation for kids. Well, we tried to leave our child for an hour with the animation team and they said as there are no other kids our child shall stay with us. In the evening there is show " quiz show". Animators show different actors and we have to guess who is that. One of the movies was a scary movie "scream". Or child had a shock age that. First, it was really scary, second, it was 23.00 pm. He could not sleep and was scared to go anywhere alone (7 y.o. Child). More than that, when they have changed the clothes behind the curtain we all found see shadows of their bodies. S all kids watched backed people. Was horrible.. Staff. After 2 days I have asked for the meeting with the manager of the hotel, she could see us only on monday. means in 2 days. we agreed on meeting at 10.00 am. She arrived at 10.40 and I had to wait at the reception another 20 minutes before I went there myself and asked her for the conversation. After I told her about all we have experienced she assured me that she ll do Her best to change it. And afterwards nothing has changed. Salad was sill fool of water. Oils they ve used to cook was still old and stinker. And animation was still terrible as before. In 3 days they had the same animation "quiz show" and they still showed an actor from a movie " scream" and we still could see backed bodies on the stage. Toilet was broken. Please don't waste your money. Most important - don't spoil your vacation.

Room Tip: Never go to this hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela R
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Travelled with Solitaire, over Xmas 2013

This hotel might have been a four-star when it was built 20 years ago but it is showing signs of age, looking worn, weathered and dated. Requires a total refurbishment, three star if you're lucky on a good day. I haven't seen the TV like they have in the rooms for at least 10 years! There are kids running around with no kid club facilities and guests are allowed to be bring dogs, which is great unless you are stuck next door to one.

Either side of the hotel are two derelict deserted developments and there are no decent drinking facilities nearby, you have to get a taxi into town or a 30 minute walk. The bar shuts at 12 midnight on the dot, when you get kicked out of the bar area. There is nowhere else local to go. There is no fitness centre or laundry service.

Be warned that you have to pay extra for Wi-Fi €20 a week and safe is seven euros a day which would expect to be complimentary and €1 per day for beach towels.

There is a good range of food available on the buffet and the drinks include premium brands. Does get a bit samey every night. Staff are friendly and rooms are cleaned every day.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel, as with most single holidays the group made up for the hotel and rep deficiencies.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Joe D
P-Stor, Gerente at Blue Sea Costa Bastian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear guest;
Thank you for taking time to comment your holidays at our resort.
This hotel was built in 1.999, and since then, we work yearly on reparations to keep the installations in good conditions.
I regret that you did not get correct information about the hotel services, as we do have daily laundry service.
For internet connection, we have a wide offer which includes an internet corner pc, paying cards of different times and amounts, but we also offer a free hour internet connection every day at the reception area and lobby bar.
Eventhough the hotel is not located in the centre of Costa Teguise, you can walk for 5-10 minutes and you will find bars and restaurants opened.
We stay at your entire disposal.

Lena Concepción Ramírez – Manager Diverhotel Playaverde

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We just returned from an 11 night stay at this hotel in Lanzarote, including Christmas. Staff are supremely helpful and friendly, rooms are cleaned daily...hotel very clean with well kept gardens. Food was plentiful and varied, we stayed all inclusive and ate out 3 times just for a change. Pretty much any drink , or local variation you can think of, recommend Honey Rum, its gorgeous!!! Self service on beer and red white and rose wine, so no tiresome queuing...

We had a ground floor room near the pool (153) lovely sun in the afternoon on the patio...No noise to speak of.

Can't rate entertainment as we didn't bother because we went out most nights but everyone seemed to have a good time.

Pools are sparkling clean and well kept although unheated which kept us out, but hey, it was winter anyway, in the summer they would be perfect.

Over all an excellent holiday, although if I was being picky, which I'm not, hotel could do with a bit of a spruce up in places, but only took notice of this because I read reviews prior to booking and you had to look hard to find fault. God mix of French, German and English guests. Would definitely stay again if in Lanzarote

Room Tip: 153 gets good sun in the afternoon on patio and is an easy walk to replenish drinks from either bar
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kazza0011
P-Stor, Gerente at Blue Sea Costa Bastian, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about the Diverhotel Lanzarote. We are an “All Inclusive Caribbean” hotel since last June 2013. I feel glad that it is having good acceptance among guests. We only work with known brands in the All Inclusive Caribbean.
Our goal is to make guests feel comfortable and happy during the most precious days of the year.
I encourage you to visit us again on your next holidays and to contact us directly to make your personal requests on room allocation, etc.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Lena Concepcion – Manager Diverhotel Lanzarote

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed at the Playaverde Hotel. It was the first time we went on a holiday abroad together after much of the Mrs nagging. The food and hotel deserved its 3 star rating. We chose the bed and breakfast option as we like to eat out, but mainly because we are stingy. The pool was very cold but refreshing in the hot weather. The jacuzzi was lovely and warm and was very romantic. There were no entertainment during the day. However, we were thrilled when we found out there were a couple of bingo nights at the hotel where the Mrs won a free cocktail and got slightly tipsy afterwards!

The location of the hotel is not ideal for those who don't like a long walk to the beach especially in the heat. The Mr booked the hotel and he never heard the end of it. The hotel is about 20 minutes walk to the nearest beach, bars and very nice restaurants. Unfortunately, the long walk affected the Mr who suffered from a sunburned scalp during the walks which ruined his handsome looks.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrandmrsgrumpy
P-Stor, Gerente at Blue Sea Costa Bastian, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear guest:
Thank you for sharing your holiday experience with us. Thanks to guests comments we are able to improve each day.
Let me inform you that we have an Animation programme with day and evening activities. The planning is always available at the Reception. It includes sports, games, miniclub, and evening entertainment.
Even though the hotel is not located in the centre of Costa Teguise, you can have a nice 15 minutes walk along the promenade to get to the city centre or take a taxi which costs only 4€.
We stay in your entire disposal and we would be pleased to welcoming you again.

Lena Concepcion – Manager Diverhotel Lanzarote

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Me and my Husband have just returned from a well-deserved 7 night break in Lanzarote. Firstly, I would like to comment on how lovely the food was, as me and my hubby are not shy of having big appetites. There was a huge choice to choose from and we were impressed with the help your-self to drinks area. Make sure you try the fresh fish yum yum.

The rooms were cleaned every day and we were provided with fresh bedding and towels on each clean. Our room was spacious and we made the most of the mini-bar. The hotel grounds and the impressive pool area were kept clean to a high standard also.

Overall the facilities are excellent with great friendly staff. I would definitely return to this hotel again and we made some good friends .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sharon B

Dear guest:
Thank you for taking a little bit of your time to share your holiday experience with us.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your holidays I will personally congratulate the staff on your behalf. Since last June, we have changed our product and we have started with the All Inclusive Caribbean, where guests have free soft and alcohol drinks during all day and evening, as well as snacks.
We would like to invite you to come back another time.
We stay at your entire disposal and we wish you a Merry Christmas.

Lena Concepción - Manager Diverhotel Lanzarote

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have just returned from a 5 day stay at this hotel and it is definitely not a 4 star. The bar is gloomy and dark and there is absolutely no ambience whatsoever. This is the only bar you can sit in and the alternative is to go outside or sit on concrete steps in the amphitheatre to watch not very good entertainment.
Air con was not working (or was being controlled centrally) and the room was stuffy.
The food was 2 star at best, very little choice and not of good quality. Show cooking was just one item on the griddle (squid twice during a 5 day stay). We have stayed at Playa hotels all over Spain and were expecting the Playaverde to be of a similar standard and we were shocked and disappointed. We would definitely not return,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jennie T
P-Stor, Gerente at Blue Sea Costa Bastian, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear guest,
I regret that we have not lived up to your expectations during your holidays at Diverhotel Lanzarote. Since June this year we have changed our product to an All Inclusive Caribean, which implies a change of drinks and food compared to a Playa hotel. A Diverhotel has a menu cycle with 7 different verities (one per day) , and we have recently improved our menu with a total of 11 menus.
The hotel animation team settles a weekly programme with different activities during the day and evening entertainment. There is a different show or game per evening and at the end we offer music for dancing and we ask guest’s requests for the type of music they like.
I would be pleased to welcome you again in the future to get to know better our new product “Diverhotel”.

Lena Concepción – Manager Diverhotel Lanzarote

#28 of 37 in Playa Blanca
THB Tropical Island
THB Tropical Island
#25 of 37 in Playa Blanca

Been to Blue Sea Costa Bastian? Share your experiences!