“Great Hotel”

Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed here for two weeks, and loved it, everything was clean, food was good, even if it was the same each week, but lot's of selection, staff were very polite and helpful, the only down side was the free (wifi), you only get 1hr per week, but you can pay for it, would recommend this hotel,

Room Tip: All rooms are sea view, albeit from a distance
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Debbie181161
P-Stor, Gerente at Blue Sea Costa Bastian, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear guest;
I would like to thank you for your comments, as it is through them that we are able of understanding the perception of our product and most important the quality and friendly service that we offer.
We work each day just to get guests’ satisfaction. Glad to see that in your case we have achieved our goal.

We stay in your entire disposal and hope to welcoming you very soon.
Lena Concepcion – Manager Diverhotel Lanzarote

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just got back from a week's holiday last night and I have to say I was very disappointed with the property. It was a bit like travelling back into a 70's time zone! A lot of updating required in this property and a lot of repairs required to the rooms. On the upside, the rooms were clean and spacious. I do have to say the staff were lovely, very helpful and professional. From waiting staff, to cleaning staff and reception all really lovely! Wasn't too impressed with the food or location. I did have a relaxing time, but most certainly would not return. Sorry.

Room Tip: My room was fine no. 227.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Marion D
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing us as your holiday residence. I am sorry you did not feel fully comfortable with the decoration and equipments of our hotel and will take your comments into consideration to improve.

Although our facilities do not have the latest update design, they are kept in good conditions and maintenance works are taking place during the whole year. I encourage you to visit us next summer to see the changes. Next summer we will have lots of news in Entertainment.

The charm and warm atmosphere of our staff are waiting for you.

Lena Concepcion – manager DiverHotel Lanzarote

Travellers are raving about these Costa Teguise hotels

scotland
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have just returned from a weeks holiday at diverhotel.

The staff were all lovely, very helpful. The rooms were fine. Good sized beds and bathroom.

The food and drink was excellent. So much choice of food I didn't get bored. The pizza is freshly made and the crepes are amazing. The selection of alcoholic drinks is excellent with slush puppie cocktails and named spirits.

The location is a good 15 min walk from town centre but because the hotel was so good I didn't mind.

The pool area is great with slides and jacuzzi when the pool is too cold!

The entertainment team were great with the children

Overall I had an excellent holiday and hope to return later in the year

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank maxkir
glasgow
Reviewed 4 April 2014

this hotel far exceeded my expectations , the rooms are a really good size , food and drink great quality and on tap 24/7 bottled water always available , really a good family holiday destination , slightly out of town but for anyone wanting a really relaxing holiday with good food this is the place for you !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank kaurasnana
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the good comments about the All Inclusive service in the Diverhotel Lanzarote.

The whole team is at your disposal and me hope to see you again in another time, in the meantime we will continue continue to work hard and improve each day more.

Lena Concepcion – Manager DiverHotel Lanzarote
ayrshire
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We had à nice week in march good weather, bit windy but nit too bad. Staff were helpful and friendly. Food was ok, not great. Plenty Dinners. Entertainment mediocre. We headed to the main ressort several times, nice pubs and restaurants, good atmosphère. Took about 20 mins to walk which was fine. Our main grumble with the hôtel was our room was above the kitchen and it was noisy from about 6am. Also our balcony looked onto half built apartments. We never complained just made the lost of our holiday and enjoyed the break.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank mia2006Ayrshire
P-Stor, Gerente at Blue Sea Costa Bastian, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments. I feel glad that you had an overall good holiday and would be pleased to maintain a private conversation with you to know how could we improve the services that were not great according to your ideas. Our philosophy is that a complaint is a gift as it helps us to become each day better.
We are also expecting this half built apartments to have their construction finished. This complex does not belong to our property, so we cannot make any decisions to get it finished.
I remain at your complete disposal.
Yours sincerely,
Lena Concepción – Manager Diverhotel Lanzarote.
Troon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I moved out of the Playa Verde! Staying there was very unenjoyable - life is way too short to put up with unfulfilled expectations! There was no water for the best part of 2 days while they repaired flooding in the ground floor caused through burst hot water pipes - The water poured through the ceilings and the corridors were filled with buckets and towels. My friend was moved into the Honeymoon suite as she woke up at 3.30 at night with hot water lapping round her bed! This suite was akin to an 1980's revival! I had mildew in my shower, a rusty bath, no change of towels, aged toiletries, a TV that came from the ark, bins with no liners and a faulty & dated air con unit - & this was after I changed rooms! The weather was poor and this highlighted the many defaults of this tired, aged hotel which was running on skeleton staff that were leaving faster than the guests! There was no outside place to sit, relax, eat, read or drink coffee that was protected from the wind or had lighting. As I like to chill out on holiday i had to find the nearest cafe during the day - bring your walking shoes! At night there was no quiet place provided. You had to sit in the noisy bar or go to the amphitheatre for the entertainment. The food was lukewarm and 'tear open' sauces for salads! Mostly you had to clear away your own plates. Tables were set for main course only - help yourself to cutlery! Reminded me of works canteen! All in all this hotel is certainly going through some serious problems & needs to be regraded and refurbished. Frequent travellers used to 4 star accommodation will be disappointed with the facilities, dated decor and general shabiness - especially if the weather is poor and you can't use the pool or sun loungers. I blaim my tour operator (Solitair) for miss selling this hotel as a 4 star plus and charging me almost £800 for a 7 day trip - it really is only a 2 star. I do hope the Playa Verde Hotel gets their property, management and staff issues sorted before more people up and leave!

Room Tip: Rooms are a good size - just dated, non-functional equipment - and bring all your own toiletries as...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank B0nnieH66
Dear Guest,
After a slang reading of your comment, let me tell that I agree with some of your comments but do not agree others.
I apologize for the bad and fortuitous week that we had during your stay, as we had some technical problems that I can understand have disturbed guests. The problem with water is due to a new boiler which we were installing. The installation has not been as easy as thought, which have caused us some problems. During some hours on two days, there was no hot water but the service was restored a few hours later, we always has cold water at every time. As we had to close the hot water tap to work, this made pipes start leaking through the corridors.
Regarding the shower, let me inform you that we are exigent with cleanliness and that there was no mildew in your shower but a lack of hatch, a task which is being done all along the year by our technical service.
Lanzarote is a windy island and, unfortunately, we cannot do anything to stop wind in the outside areas. The palm trees area is located on a squared surrounded of high walls built to keep this area safe from wind. Also the snack pool bar has an area with tables safe from the wind.
The brand “Diverhotel” is a branch of the Playa Hoteles hotel chain. There are five Diverhotels in Spain and all of them need to work on the same conditions and parameters. Eventhough tables are set with one cutlery; this does not mean that you will not be changed cutlery as many times as you change dishes.
I personally check the buffet line four to five days a week and take, among other things, the food temperature, which is kept at 70º. It might get a bit colder as the time passes but never get to cold food, as our kitchen staff would change it rapidly.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your holidays as expected and would be pleased to have another opportunity to welcome you in any of our thirty Playa Senator hotels to make you change your mind.
Lena Concepción – Manager Diverhotel Lanzarote
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed for 1 week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Weather was beautiful. Yes it can be windy at times but almost all of Lanzarote is like this not just the resort.

Food was very good with an excellent variety and drinks were plentiful.

Only downside to the trip was that the pool is not heated and it was freezing but overall a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alan0411
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your holiday experience with us and for taking a minute of your time to write some words about the hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Lena Concepción – Manager Diverhotel Lanzarote.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Costa Teguise
#28 of 37 in Playa Blanca
Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa
Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa
#20 of 38 in Costa Teguise

Been to Blue Sea Costa Bastian? Share your experiences!