We stayed at the Diver Hotel(Formally Playa Verde)in June for a 2 week all-inclusive holiday.
On arrival we got room number 217.
On entering the room,we had a cracked sink,which had insects crawling around it.I went down to reception and asked to be moved,to which I was told,there weren't any other rooms available.
They said that there were other rooms,but these were in the process of refurb.Then a maid came in and sprayed insect killer around the sink.
The wife then took photos on her phone and showed the guy on reception,who then agreed to move us to another room.
Eventually,we had a ground floor room,which was a lot better.
The hotel then placed a bottle of Cava in an ice bucket in our room and issued us with 2 room keys for the inconvenience.
That was the rant over.
The hotel is not bad.Its clearly an old hotel that is need of a makeover.
The pools are good and clean and have 2 pools which has 2 water slides,are fine for children above 0.8m tall.
Our 4 year old daughter absolutely loved it.She made lots of friends,including a young French boy who had an understanding of each other.even though they both spoke a different language.
The pool lifeguard is very good at his job(Long blonde hair and beard),but when he had his day off,the other lifeguard was useless and lazy.
The beer is readily available on tap around the hotel.Wine is also available in Red,Rose and White and is not bad at all.The vodkas are generous,and getting a drink is a pleasure and numbers of drinks was never an issue.
There are plain flavour crisps available and also Chocolate and Strawberry ice creams available for the kids in freezers all over the hotel.
The food in the restaurant is ok.It certainly isn't the best I've tried.After about 5 days it gets hard to pallet.Everything is cooked in oil or garlic.We ate a few times down Teguise town.The Cutty Sark is ran by a couple from the Luton area(Mark and Becky) and does some lovely grub with homemade chips and a Lasagne that I would recommend to anyone.
The wifi in the hotel is available free for an hour a day,but you have to sit-in between the main bar and reception to get it.
We paid 20 euros to get unlimited internet on our tablet for our daughter to watch her programmes on.
The entertainment is a bit on the poor side,with not much for either children or adults to do(apart from the usual mini disco).
The animation team work hard all day to try and make everyone happy and to be fair to them,don't do a bad job.
If I had the chance to change anything,I would give the whole place a refurb and place flat screen TV's in all rooms to replace the ugly old bulky TV's and have some satellite channels put on.
I would go back to the hotel because overall we had a lovely time and met some really nice people.I just couldn't stomach the food for a fortnight.
One thing that's to watch is the back gate by the mini golf course,it is supposed to be key activated,it's broken and if you have young children,take note,it can easily be pushed open.
We didn't get our room cleaned everyday,instead it was every 3.They said we were in a promo room,even though I don't think we were.
Water is also free to take as much as you want,which is a real plus point.There are hotels which do charge for water.
Overall it's not a bad hotel,it just needs an overhaul and the entertainment program needs to be better.The World Cup games were on and this left the kids with nothing to do.They maybe should have had another room where the kids could have been entertained a bit more.
Enjoy your stay.We did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The diverhotel Lanzarote is situated just a few kilometres from the island's capital, Arrecife, and along the Teguise Coast, one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Lanzarote thanks to the quality of its services, beaches, green areas and, above all, the sensation of freedom and tranquillity which reigns supreme here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, Onthebeach, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Diverhotel Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Playaverde Costa Teguise
- Lti Playaverde Hotel Costa Teguise
- Diverhotel Lanzarote Costa Teguise