We are a mother and daughter (60 & 31) who came to Diverhotel for a relaxing week. En route to our hotel, we feared we had landed on Mars!! Black rock, vast open space of ruin and graffiti covered walls were all the eye could see :( ...however Costa Teguise came into view, and if you use the back door entrance to the beach, you don't have to face the moon rock until you head back home to the airport!
Hotel was clean, room always clean, beds and towels changed, no problem there. Rooms a little dated, but not in the room all day so this wasn't an issue. First room we were given had overgrown trees and bushes that covered the whole balcony, so no view or sun! (Room 232) We immediately requested a change of room, no problem, reception sorted this without fuss.
As other reviews, food was good, repetitive, not always hot, but good food. Drinks all day, but red wine was very thin, not good, cheap and tasted so. Biggest issue for mum was no umbrellas by the pool. Heat was 27 degrees yet the wind was so fierce, the pool guy (long blond hair) refused us an umbrella, stating it would blow away. Understandable, however this pool guy is super rude and miserable,,,he simply said 'No' without explanation...yes it was windy, but it was also blistering heat...be aware, there is no shelter from the sun all day here, had we have known this we would not have stayed at this hotel, as a break from the sun under an umbrella is a must for us. It meant going indoors, which is not what you come away for.
Reception brushed us off with a shoulder shrug, probably wondering why we needed shelter....we are British, we were trying to avoid the 'angry, red raw shoulder' look so many around us were suffering!
Walk to town via the beach is best option, we tried via the road and got lost!
Only 20mins to the little town, restaurants, bars and your local Spar!
Had to see a Doctor for a bite that turned nasty, ended up at private German Dr across the road from Spar, €155 for initial plus follow up consult...will claim back from insurance but be aware that there is a 'NHS' clinic (unsure where but believe above the Spar) don't speak English, take passport and Insurance docs, but expect a wait.
Evening entertainment at the hotel is beyond awful for adults! The bar area has a local radio station playing, atmosphere is depressing, needs a little karaoke or a singer or anything?? All in all, relaxing holiday is what we came for and what we got...wouldn't come back, is really geared for kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Costa Bastian is situated just a few kilometres away from the island's capital, Arrecife, and along the Teguise Coast, one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Lanzarote. Thanks to its privileged position, you will be a few meters away from its services, beaches, green areas and, above all, the sensation of freedom and tranquillity which reigns supreme here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Sea Costa Bastian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Playaverde Costa Teguise
- Lti Playaverde Hotel Costa Teguise
- Blue Sea Costa Bastian Lanzarote/Costa Teguise