“Ok for cheap break”

Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Ok for cheap break”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Nice little place to relax in new year away from cold weather at home. Apartments were really centrally located with a supermarket next door & across the road from the square where there were numerous bars & restruants serving really good food. Only complaint I have is that our room was extremely dark due to the way the complex was built but really close to the comfortable clean pool which unfortunately was too cold too swim in at this time of year as was the beach.. Freezing! Nice wee touch was free bread rolls hanging on your door every morning.

Room Tip: Lovely wee spot on the island with really helpful staff especially receptionists who were very profe...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mavourneen C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Blackburn
Reviewed 4 May 2012

cam home few days back 1st time at the Nazaret
decent 1 bed appartment cleaned every other day with fresh towels every other day ok it's not the ritz , no fancy bathroom but it was sufficient for our needs or English chanels on TV but you get what you pay for
Had top floor over looking 1st pool , the location is central for both beaches , the pueblo , waterfront and all bars and restaurants .
well worth the price for a week , someone mentioned the free wi-fi which was a nice touch but a little flaky at times especially if a bit away from reception ( could do with a few more access points installing ) , the free wine on arrival + free fresh rolls every morning are a nice touch , the public areas are clean and plenty of available loungers - ok some could do with a revamp but hey.. The staff on reception were also helpfull , friendly + polite
can't comment on food as was SC and eat out at some of the resorts great restaurants highly recommend IL Divinia in the Puebla

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank roverscasual
Arrochar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

First time in Lanzarote!

Nazaret Mansion
Self-Catering Apartments
Costa Teguise

This place is so laid back it’s almost horizontal, rated as 3star on some sites, 4 star on others.
When we booked this place we were told it was a studio room, we upgraded to a 1 bedroom apt for a small fee, it was so worth it. On arrival there was 2 bread rolls and a bottle of wine for us in the room and fresh rolls hanging on the door handle every morning, thought that was a nice touch! We were in the apartments above the restaurant, which back on to a few clubs etc, never heard much noise from them, maybe it was the time of the year! The sitting room consisted of 2 2seater settees, which were getting a bit tired, a 32” LCD TV, a round dining table with three chairs. The furniture in the rooms is quite chunky and is made by local craftsmen and looks really good solid stuff. The kitchen consisted of a 2 ring hob, a microwave and a kettle and plenty of tableware.
While we were there, it was obviously the time for carrying out repairs to apartments and it looked like all the mattresses were being renewed in all the rooms, ours were definitely done, good quality mattresses by the way, not too soft not too hard. I think the only small problem we had with the apt was the slight damp smell from the bathroom, but we opened a window and that cured that, maybe could do with an extractor fan fitted!
The bar…. Now that was something else! It closes around 5pm. Never heard of that before, again this could be due to the time of year.
Don’t get me wrong, we loved this place, peace and tranquility… bliss!
The apartments couldn’t be more ideally placed, next door is a Spar shop, which was just being renovated and just across the road is a small square with quite a few bars and restaurants.
In the evening there is live music on a bandstand in the middle of the square, which finishes at midnight.
There are other good bars and eateries to suit all tastes and budgets, which also have music etc.
There are good beaches in the area, the best one being Churacas, this is the place if you fancy a go at windsurfing etc, there are a few learn to dive centres in the area also.
There are really good coastal walks, to the south, which is wheelchair/ buggy friendly, great for a morning stroll.
The whole area is spotless, also the guys who look after the sunbeds on the beach are constantly cleaning and tidying up and repairing all sunbeds and parasols, they never stop!

Overall, we loved the area, it suited our needs and would certainly think about going back.

Jimmy & Sandra Roy
Arrochar
Scotland

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jsroys
Cheltenham
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I wanted to give these apartments four stars (which I always do if everything works and five if they surprise beyond the call of duty!) but it will have to be three. I had researched them here before booking and selected Nazaret based on location, price and almost as important- WiFi! Although I only need to log on for an hour a day (can only ever take working holidays), a connection is very important to me and makes/breaks a choice of where to stay. The Nazaret advertise on all their listings free WiFi throughout the complex. I'm afraid that in my apartment (and I emailed before I travelled to ask for one close to the hotspot!) and indeed when sitting in reception / by the pool / on the roof... there was next to nothing. A trickle at best with only seconds before it faded to nothing. I also paid to use the computers in reception but my Euro was swallowed up - "Oh, I'll need to call the technical helpline then" being the only response from the staff. For some a pool is important, for others a view, for me WiFi. There is a web cafe in town, but although it only costs 2 Euro an hour, its hot, cramped, not open in the mornings and... well it stinks of sweat. Enough said. So.... European data package on phone, massive bill being the result. For most of you, this really won't matter, so...imagine an extra star in that case!

The apartments are in one of the BEST locations for the sweet little resort of Costa Teguise. The place has no real "town centre" to speak of, but the Pueblo Mariano (excuse poor spelling!) is as good as one, with bars and restaurants surrounding a live music 'bandstand'. Directly under the apartments is a reasonable supermarket. Over the road is the bank, an especially nice restaurant (Pasta De Costa) plus a short stroll brings you to two different beaches. It goes without saying that being so central will mean some noise. Many people have commented on sleepless nights so let me clarify-- in the day time, you won't hear a penny drop... quiet, serene, lovely little complex. At night, all apartments (without exception I should think), will hear the public music at the square opposite. Those around the main pool (I asked to be here but wasn't allowed for some reason!) will also hear some noise from the streets surrounding. I had apartment 125 on a high floor and this was perhaps the quietest position. I should make one thing clear however, the loud music stops almost exactly at 11pm every night and really shouldn't bother you after this. I slept in the lounge area (long story!) rather than the quieter bedroom and was still fine.

Our apartment and many of the others on this side will overlook an unused piece of ground from the bedroom at the back. This is no problem- there's nothing stored there, nothing smelly, just what I imagine to be foundations for a future complex. There's even a nice view to the mountains beyond. This actually helps keep the bedroom quiet. Some of the apartments on the adjacent (and connected) "Mansion Nazaret" also back onto this space. Personally I didn't mind it.

From the front (balcony end), I imagine all apartments overlook the pools. The smaller pools next to reception seemed too chilly to swim in, the larger had people bathing. We took a couple of sun beds down to the area nearer our apartment as it was devoid of any. This didn't seem to be a problem and even on warm days some seemed to be available to take.

Inside, the apartments are fine. Just what you imagine for a typical Canaries complex of average cost. Wooden furniture (sofa too short to sleep on but fine), decent television, some English channels, good kitchen, full bathroom (hot water not unlimited), twin bed in the separate bedroom. Yes, they could look quite swish with better decor, but who cares-- it's vacation living and I would stay in them again if I didn't need the WiFi connection.

People mention a musty smell- I think this is smoking and wooden furniture in the sun... we smoke, we were allowed to... although we aired the apartment every day, I imagine this is what you're smelling. Sorry folks! Seriously though, in a minimally furnished concrete apartment with no carpets, there's no need to worry about damp or must. Perhaps we were lucky.

Reception staff were pretty efficient I guess. Would have been nice to have a friendly "hope you enjoyed your holiday" on departure rather than a wordless return of the key deposit and a move onto the next customer, but... that sort of sums them up. Not out to impress or wash the client with adoration-- just doing their job I suppose. I quite like being pampered sometimes and on those occasions I pay for five star premium... I didn't really expect or get it here. Nobody was rude and apart from the WiFi my requests were granted. Cleaning staff especially friendly and did their job :)

All in all, Nazaret is a small complex, well situated, quite lovely (flowers and pools made for a pleasant outlook) with an attractive price. Personally, if they invested a little in upgrading some of the apartments (soft furnishings, full WiFi, perhaps proper loungers/chairs rather than plastic on the balcony) I'd pay more. If you fancy an investor, I might be the man! I imagine most people are very, very happy with their stay here and unless you like to hit the sack very early at night and/or need the WWW like I do (expect it will be improved or was just on the blink?!?!) then go for it. We walked up to most of the better known hotels and thought Nazaret had almost the best location for access to everything.

Hint- not many channels on the apartment tele / fuzzy picture? Press the button to switch from analogue to digital... hey presto you have plenty!

Thank you for a pleasant stay, I hope my feedback is useful rather than overly critical.

Room Tip: Hard to say, I requested one next to the main pool but wasn't granted one, but they all seem fin...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank shahsass
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at the Nazaret twice once in the December & now in March and I have got to say the apartments are value for money,yes they are a little dated but they are comfortable & the location is excellent.
Just a cross the road are two of the best restaurants you will find "De Pasta" & Mikes both are well worth a visit.Also try the Orient Express bar in the square.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Tkirwan
Cardiff
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have just come back from a 2 week stay here. I enjoyed it and was happy with the location.

Firstly my moans, it was super cold at night, it was very windy and at night time the apartment was cold. There were enough blankets so once I was in bed that was fine. There was a bit of a musty smell in the rooms I guess from the wooden furniture.

I am surprised that people have said that the pool area was dirty as I saw it being cleaned every morning. There are so many places to sunbathe. There are 3 pools and niether of them were dirty. There are also roof terraces with sun lounges which were a bit quieter if you prefer that. There were also some sofa typ garden urniture which to be honest could do with cleaning. If sun loungers pillows were strewn it was probably because of the strong winds. Also our receptionist took us to our apartment well showed us which stairs and which room so no problem with that. We also had clean towels every other day. Nice big rooms too.

We stayed half board which was really good value the food was good meat and fish every days and salad soup for starters. No complaints there. The staff were all really helpful too, the main waiter during most dinner and breakfast service was victor, long har real nice guy.

My mother and I enjoyed our stay here and would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2422 which was great as it had its own staircase connecting off a main one, away f...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank SusieRoseCardiff
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Just got back and Nazaret was all we'd hoped for, large airy light sunny apartment, ( having requested to move from ground floor to 1st ) ground floor may well be the best mid summer as would be cooler. Nothing to much trouble for staff, everyone friendly and helpful. Perfect location for lovely Teguise, plenty of bars to be found and just a stroll from sandy beaches. Will certainly return

Room Tip: Request a high sunny room for out of season months when the sun is not so high, any problems recepti...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends