Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews private courtyard half board two double beds sun loungers large bathroom bit smelly heated indoor pool relaxing break breakfast and dinner relaxing hotel waiting staff lounge area coffee machine short break tennis courts pods privacy
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I posted pre holiday to get some feedback to make sure I informed the hotel what I wanted which all helped.
I would have to be very picky not to give 5 stars for this holiday as it ticked all our boxes.
Flights were on time with the only downside being stuck in an ‘episode of Shameless’ with the families from hell, but I can’t blame the airline for that. The transfer was not too arduous and better than driving myself.
Reception check in was smooth and we were sat down to dinner within 2 hours of landing. The rooms are pretty iconic with a certain 80’s style – very reminiscent of the excellent Byblos at Mijas Costa (since closed) if anyone recalls it, almost detached with curving roof and round bathroom, a decent lounge area with TV, coffee maker, fridge and microwave!, big sleeping area with twin king sized, comfortable beds, plenty of wardrobe space, shelves, drawers, safe, a decent large bathroom with jacuzzi bath, shower, twin sinks, proper doored toilet and a big window looking out onto the gated and walled private court yard, which also had its own outside shower. Front terrace with table and chairs for morning tea and evening G&T.
Breakfast was fresh and really very good, lots of choice for everyone and great show cooking with waiter service. Dinner other than two nights – BBQ and Canarian evening both excellent – was proper menu choice and waiter service, such a pleasant change to the hectic buffet of the bigger hotels (this has a maximum of about 100 guests so easier for them to manage). The food was excellent, well presented, cooked and served.
Housekeeping was efficient and regular, well done and no intrusion.
The Terrace Bar we used at lunch time and it was fine too. Drinks in the evening we got from the café bar where the breakfast was served.
All the staff were friendly and attentive most spoke good English and in keeping with the majority of guests good German and French.
This is almost an adult only place with only one child there, but you wouldn’t bring children here, no animation, entertainment, kiddie club, pool or mini disco, suited is just fine.
We used our own sun beds in the private court yard and also those by the pools, we never saw any reserving and never had a problem with a bed, they are OK and mattresses are available from the gym. Most of the time the areas round the pool were almost unused and sometimes we had the pools to ourselves. Towels were free from reception and changed when you wanted.
Some of the rooms don’t have a great sea view as H10 had built a ‘carbuncle’ opposite that dominates and monopolises the beach front and headland; I’m a regular H10 user elsewhere but I can’t forgive them for this, there’ s plenty of space and they build here, OK for their guests but not for anyone else. There is a partial sea view (at the moment until someone else builds), and the beach is 50 yards away and down some steps. Lovely beaches and we walked for miles in both directions; don’t be offended by the naturists you get used to them parading around in their glory. The sea is easy to get in, warm and safe. There is a good bistro bar under the nearby R2 Hotel (another monster development), the drinks are reasonably priced and so is the food, good service and spectacular view. I can definitely forecast a return later this year.

Room tip: all very similar but the lower numbers perhaps have a better sea view
2  Thank madhatterWales
José G, Director General at Risco del Gato Suites THe Senses Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guests,

First of all i want to say thank you. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a really good comment about our Hotel.
We are really happy to know you had a pleasant stay in the Risco del Gato and all the staff hope to see you soon again between us.

Yours sincerely
José González Allende

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Hotel & Suites excellent, so much personal private space, secluded, and very well kept.
Maid service not to be faulted, as were the entire Hotel Staff....Well done chaps - 5 Star.
Restaurant menu and food really top notch...
Breakfast buffet wonderful.....
Pools were never busy, although the water in them COLD..Very invigorating..!
That saying, it did not detract in any way from an absolutely brilliant week.
Would we return....Yes. Would we recommend....Yes.
.... Thank You 'Risco de Gato'....

3  Thank Pompeylad
José G, Director General at Risco del Gato Suites THe Senses Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment here on Trip Advisor.
It is a pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the Vik Suite Hotel Risco del Gato, thank you also for the good valuation of the staff, it is very important for us that the clientes fell well treated.
Thank you again for this wonderful review.
all the staff of the Hotel hope to see you soon again between us.

Yours sincerely

José González Allende

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here with my husband in early February. Our holiday was my Christmas present to him because he loves the sun and was desperate to escape England's grey winter. It was our first ever half-board holiday (other than skiing) and thus a bit of a risk but the food was fine. The "pods" are lovely - a good size inside and we loved the small, private gardens. The nearby beach is fantastic for a bit of exercise and is kept very clean, as is the area as a whole.

Room tip: I think the 100 series are probably the best because they do give a part sea view.
Date of stay: February 2014
1  Thank JAnneP60
José G, Director General at Risco del Gato Suites THe Senses Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Clients,

It is a pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the Vik Suite Hotel Risco del Gato. I hope your husband loved his Christmas present?!
Thank you so much for that really good comment.
We hope to see you soon again between us.

Yours sincerly,

Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We booked this through Secret Escapes after reading the reviews on here. I cannot fault the place. The PODS were amazing, very secluded and private.
They were clean and well stocked (mini bar at small extra charge).
It was very quiet and tranquil, perfect for a relaxing week away. Not sure, I would spend two weeks. 10 days would have been perfect.
The staff were outstanding and went that extra mile. I cannot eat dairy products and was accomodated accordingly every evening without hesitation. Seperate dishes were made for me on some evenings. The breakfast was excellent, a huge choice.
Would definitely recommend the place and would most definitely return.

1  Thank Kersh78

Dear Guests,

First of all i want to say thank you for taking the time to write a very good comment about the hotel. I`m really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay between us and we hope to see you soon again.

Best regards

Manager

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have just returned from this wonderful hotel and can't speak highly enough of it. We both needed a real rest and this was just the place to do it! The pods are great - very clean and comfortable (the bed was a tad hard for me but I doubled up a duvet and put it on the mattress). It was so quiet and peaceful in our little terrace or we could go and sit in our 'front garden' and look at the sea :)

The food was lovely - we booked a half board deal through Voyage Prive for 2 weeks and I did wonder if we would have a repeat menu the second week but no! It was equally great and diverse. The meals are really nice and the prices of the drinks are not too bad at all.

Staff were very friendly and lovely - special mentions for Miguel and Fatima and the student from Romania (sorry I couldn't remember your name!)

There isn't much round and about in walking distance but we didn't care - we had lots of books to get through!

I could have easily stayed another 2 weeks :) - thanks for helping us both to wind down and relax on a much needed break

10  Thank Caroline B
José G, Director General at Risco del Gato Suites THe Senses Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guests,
First of all i want to say thank you for taking the time to write a really good comment here on Trip Advisor, thank you so much for it.

We are sorry that the bed was too hard for you, on your next stay in the hotel please ask at Recepction for a mattress pad. Then your future holiday will be sure more comfortable.

We are very pleased to hear that you were completely satisfied with the food.
because we have worked recently on and with the kitchen staff, attended courses and further educations.
We are really happy to know you had a pleasant stay in the Risco del Gato and all the staff of the Vik Suite Hotel Risco del Gato hope to see you soon again between us.

Kind regards,