“Amazing hotel !!”

Club Drago Park Hotel
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Costa Calma
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I am writing this review whilst currently still on holiday here..
Well what can I say this hotel is amazing and I honestly don't understand the negative reviews for this..
Staff - are brilliant they will go out of their way to help in anyway possible... I misplaced my travel adapter whilst here and they had no problem in giving me a new one to use whilst here... I also needed some painkillers and they also had no issue sorting this out for me..they always have a smile on there face and cleaners are second to none the room is cleaned everyday to a high standard and fresh towels everyday ..( this is something that stands out for me )
Food- never had a bad meal here there is always plenty of selection for everyone and food is always warm and I have never had to reheat any of my meals ...waiters are brilliant and so efficient the restaurant is ran perfectly.
Hotel- always clean and tidy haven't seen a thing out of place since I arrived ... The grounds surrounding the hotel are superb ...swimming pool is heated which is a bonus and there is always plenty of sunbeds around the pool so no need to reserve first thing on a morning ... Pool is cleaned down everyday before breakfast.
Room - very spacious and air con is included ... Television channels are in English and this doesn't need a euro every time you want to watch tele.
Entertainment- it's the usual things whilst you are abroad the parrot shows and reptile shows which I find very good ... There is bingo karaoke and lots of quizzes to take part in whilst here and the kids entertainer does a brilliant job the kids always have something to do so this prevents them from being bored.
Overall I am enjoying my stay here and would definitely return again ...
Well done :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Kerri M

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had a very good week with good food, often fish but we liked it all. Friendly staff and clean all over. We rented a car for 2 days and went around the island. Beautifull and both north and south is worth to visit.

Room Tip: All with pool view...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Dorte T
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a very quiet family friendly hotel. Always clean and seems to be extremely well and professionally driven. The food was very typical German and maybe not my favorite food, but still it was always different food and good service. The people in the reception was always helpful when we needed something ( I lost the key cards to the room at the beach and another night had a sic child in need of medicine) they always seemed very happy to help. The hotel lies in a place that's very vindy and I recommend to rent a car and see the island. We tried to rent a car from our travel agent but it was difficult when they were all out for the rest of the week. We ended up renting car of a company that visits the hotel each morning for half the price. We saw all of the island in our 7 day visit and we really fell in love with the island an it's friendly residents. Shopping is much cheaper in the north of the island. If anyone at the hotel should read this :-) thanks for a great stay. You guys really impressed us.

Stayed: March 2014
8  Thank Birk2010
Reviewed 23 February 2014

was a smashing holiday at a nice resort, the people who wrote AVOID must of expected the ritz for a small price. Once booked was a little worried reading some of the views on what we had let our selves into (due to last min holiday) but we had no problems with the staff, rooms, food or even the German guests as pointed out in some reviews.
Food: was plenty to choose from for us and our fussy kids, was hot, tasty and looked appetising.

Rooms: Very clean nothing went missing and all rooms had pool view.

Pool: Was a little on the cool side to start with, the deepest part was bout 1.6m, the pool was big and looked really smart at night.

Area: There is a little super market about a 5 min walk from the hotel ( lol I think these other people turned the wrong way when they got out of the hotel) but we asked at the desk.
There is a shopping park about 15 min walk with clothes, bars and gift shops.

Entertainment: kids club twice a day,kids disco every evening followed by music, games and a show ie we had a parrot show reptiles etc..

the holiday was brilliant and would definitely go again.
That's my view anyway

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
13  Thank Ben T
Reviewed 31 December 2013

extemly disappointed. Disgusting food with a limited choice, lacking basics like haidriers, morning coffee pots recycled without washing, didn't matter as the coffe was awfull, limited facilities, miles from anywhere and a German hotel in a German resort, staff almost as lacking in manners as the guests only saving grace were the rooms were clean tidy and comfortable. Not the way I wanted to spend christmas!

Room Tip: don't bother!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tripp999
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Generally disappointed with Hotel Club Drago to be honest. We went as a party of seven, four adults and 3 children. Thankfully we had each other to create some kind of atmosphere, as there were no other British guests, nor any friendly ones either !!
The food was generally dull and of poor quality, sometimes stale ( especially the cereals and bread/pastries). We found a beetle in the muesli and mould on the bottom of several cakes.
The jugs used for coffee in the morning were disgusting, chipped and stained and never enough to go round.
The drinks were awful too. The juices were so brightly coloured they must have been full of E numbers and zero fruit. Tasted awful.
The drinks machines were ALWAYS running out , so much so that sometimes you couldn't even get a cup of water for the children. Ridiculous.
No supermarkets nearby to get any drinks/ edible food either. No restaurants or coffe shops nearby either.
Very remote location.
The one noticeable positive was that the rooms were kept very clean.
The pool area looked nice, but many missing tiles in the pool.
Would not recommend nor return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Mitch P
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Me and my boyfriend stopped here 2012, the hotel was lovely! Very clean, staff were amazing , food was really nice if you don't mind eating mostly the same thing every day. entertainment was really good made our holiday perfect without it drago park would be so boring, BUT if your young don't bother coming here there's no young people to be seen for a whole week an no English people, everyone is 50+ and are very rude! Booing the English when in the entertainment room an dirty looks an comments all holiday. Out in Costa calma is the most boring place ever nothing at all to do an all the beach are nude beaches full of 50+ body's. The oasis park is a must we loved it! Enjoyed getting away from England for a week but would I come here again for nearly 400 pound? absolutely no way!

Room Tip: Ones without the sofa they are much bigger
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura
Globales Costa Tropical
Globales Costa Tropical
#1 of 4 in Costa de Antigua

Been to Club Drago Park Hotel? Share your experiences!