“Good location but a bit dodgy”

Ibiza Jet Apartments
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The location is amazing, if you are looking for something crazy.. There are a lot of Irish and Dutch around, but most of them seemed cool. The hotel is right on the beach, but there are a lot of thieves. A lot of people I met who were staying in the hotel had money stolen from their rooms and safes, including me (€100) :( When we asked at the reception,they said the cameras don't work, and were rude about it. I would recommend, but be careful with your cash.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Breeni T

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Once you've been here a few times you get used to it. The location of this hotel is the best part of it to be honest- not the rooms or the style!! It's within walking distance to the best beach Bora Bora party and one of the best clubs - Space. You'd have to get a taxi to every other club on the island. That's why most people stay on the other side.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Ok it is what is. A cheap reasonable set of apartments in Playa d'en Bossa. If you are wanting somewhere you can chill with your mates before going out, somewhere you don't have to be too concerned about making noise then these apartments are great; centrally located, cheap with all of what you need for a party weekend/week in Ibiza. Yes it's not amazing but we found it clean and it was fine for what we paid, we were to be honest more than satisfied with it.

Positives: Sea View, over looked the pool (request for this, pay a bit more). Could play music and chill on the balcony. Near to the big clubs so no taxi fairs from San An. Working fridge and shower. Clean rooms and bedding. Near to all the bars and shops so perfect all rounder, like I say for a party weekend in Ibiza. Also great for a good laugh people watching! Upgraded by the hotel for free which was amazing as we had a perfect apartment looking at the sea/pool.

Negatives: THIEVES

I would just like to say Pleeeeeease do not take anything of value with you that you would care to lose. It was completely my own stupidity for leaving my money out and my phone on charge but after a few on the beach security concerns escaped me. I realised my money had been stolen the following day and my phone the following night however both must have happened at the same time as we had not left the apartments in that time from realising my money had been nicked, we were leaving on a morning flight the following morning so there was little I could do in terms of informing the police. I did present this information on check-out and the receptionist was very vague about helping me, she informed me that she would speak to the cleaning staff but I knew once my things were stolen it was most probable and inside job. We were always very careful about locking the balcony and the front door, it was simply my own daft fault for leaving my things out of the safe, that said however you should be able to do this.

Things to watch out for:
Within the bathroom we had a large window which was open often (apart from when we shut it), Housekeeping kept on opening this and it is very possible that someone was hiding within this section of the building, the window was large enough for someone to squeeze in - make sure you shut this!
Strange knocks on the door. There was an awful lot of knocking on our door and occasionally when we went to it there was no one there, it wasn't until we got home that we thought maybe this was connected to see whether we were in the room or not.
ALWAYS USE & LOCK THE SAFE & DOORS.
DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING OF VALUE OUT.

Despite the theft I would return to Jet apartments but I would be a lot more careful with my things and this is the reason I am writing an all round view and not giving the hotel a Terrible or Average rating. If it wasn't for the theft I would have put this as an Average and if it wasn't for all of the positives I definitely would have given this a terrible as there is nothing worse than having 100 Euros and £150 nicked along with your brand new iphone5 when you are meant to be enjoying yourselves!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view and pay a bit more.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emma D
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I recently stayed at Jet Apartments for a girl’s holiday in August 13. I have to admit, prior to the holiday I had read some pretty disturbing reviews about the accommodation including uncleanliness & apartments being broken into, but by that point it was too late!

When we arrived at the apartments, because we'd taken an early morning flight we arrived before the allocated check-in time. The staff were really friendly and had designated locker rooms that we were able to leave our luggage in whilst they allowed us to go & enjoy all of the facilities until we were able to go to our room. As well as this, being in a large group we required several apartments & after speaking to them prior to our stay they allocated us 3 apartments next door to each other, which made the stay even more enjoyable.

There are two pools, both of which seemed pretty clean throughout our stay. One pool had a D.J playing throughout the day & the other was more of a relaxing atmosphere so it was nice to have the option of either. There are also several different restaurants, bars & shops located within the accommodation, as well as a beauty salon & hairdressers if needed!

The apartments are pretty basic & quite small, however being on holiday in Ibiza we weren’t too fussed about what the rooms looked like. The cleaners came in & cleaned the rooms every day & they had all the facilities needed (beds, wardrobe, kitchen, balcony, bathroom ect).

During our stay, staff were really helpful and endeavored to ensure we have a good stay with them. When we had a problem with our safe they responded quickly & efficiently and always seemed polite and willing to help.

The only negative thing I would say is that prices of the food/drink at Jet are pretty extortionate, however having been to Ibiza before it was more than expected.

Overall, a really fun stay at Jet Apartments & I’ll definitely be returning next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jade-Marie C
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The rooms are basic, not particularly clean or spacious and the beds aren't great... However I didn't stay here for that, I stayed because of the prime location, great pool atmosphere and to enjoy the ibiza nightlife, sleeping a grand total of 11hours in 4 nights, the hotel was fab. Highly recommend to any ibiza virgins, it's a stone throw from Space (best club on the island) and Ushaia is down the road too. Relaxed on everything as well, if you understand me. I would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Right on teh beach of playa den bossa, in the middle of the action, next to bora bora. Pretty loud and busy, definitely a young place with lots going on. Rooms are actually better than many similarly priced places around there, would return.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank digiolildn
Reviewed 22 October 2013

If you want to party 24/7 and be in the middle of the action then you cant beat this place. If you want a good nights sleep its def not for you. Best party hotel on the island. Get one of the rooms facing the beach.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends