Hotel Club Bahamas Ibiza
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Overall the hotel was very good. The food choice was great and the staff were pleasant. The only problem we had was with the tv - reception was poor and the only thing to watch was Sky News. However, I suppose the majority of younger people would not want to watch tv on holiday anyway. Sebastian in the Terrace Bar was charming and Sofia on Reception was very helpful. Whilst the tap water was full of calcium it was okay to brush teeth and wash hair - and 1.5ltr bottles of water were free from any bar area at any time of day. That was brilliant! Would have no hesitation in recommending Club Barbados for all ages!!

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms terrace is gloomy - go for first or second floor (although there is no lift...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Suceeh
Amine B, Gerente at Hotel Club Bahamas Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at our hotel.

We are sorry about the inconvenience with the TV, we are working hard in order to improve everyday.

We are very delighted that you enjoyed your holidday with us and we are also glad to contribute to enjoy your stay with us.

We hope to see you again in the future.
Best regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,060)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've been all over the world and stayed in 5 star hotels, 3 star hotels, basic b&b's but like everyone I want nice surroundings, good food, pleasant air conditioned rooms, nice pool area and good beach. I found all this at Club Bahamas. Excellent location at quieter end of Playa D'en Bossa with beautiful fountains and impressive entrance. Greeted by a chilled glass of cava on arrival, I was most impressed to see that this bucket of bubbly was available 'on tap' almost all day long!

The rooms were comfortable and cleaned daily with good air con. Plasma TV, plenty wardrobe space, powerful shower and big chunky sausage pillows. The pool is large though quite busy most of the time and the beach was beautiful with clear waters and nice sand. Never a problem finding a sunbed (so no getting up at crack of dawn to put towels on etc), and nice touch that you get provided with free beach towels and free bottled water whenever you need it. We had a bad smell coming from the drain outside but they came to fix it immediately and we requested a full length mirror and we got one of those too! Great service! Lovely, friendly staff. Can't comment on entertainment as we usually sat round the hotels bar area outside or went out of the complex later on, as show doesn't start until 10pm.

Now the food.... Absolutely beautiful. Breakfast is an abundance of assorted sausage, bacon, Palma ham, continual meats, cheeses, patisseries, breads, fresh fruit, dried fruit, and eggs and omelettes cooked anyway you like. Lunch was a range of pastas, meats, paella, salads, fresh fish, prawns, fruit, desserts and even a range of lactose and gluten free food. Dinner is equally good with themed evenings i.e. chinese, Spanish etc, greeted every evening with canapés and cocktails on arrival. They even have a little children's buffet too. You can dine in the 'thematic rooftop restaurant' twice during your stay, here it's still all inclusive but they serve things like T-Bone steak, rib eye and huge langoustines shellfish and squid etc.....delicious and very elegant surroundings with wonderful views. Drinks are Rose, red, white wine in barrels and beer on tap. There is also an array of soft drinks too and teas and coffees etc. cocktails served in the bars are pretty good and definitely not watered down - if it's too weak don't moan just ask for a neat shot of vodka to add to it etc.

Hotel is in a great location, 10 mins from airport and a short walk for all you clubbers who fancy a visit to Space, Ushuaia etc. a fifteen minute walk will take you to bossa centre which Is a bit more boisterous but has a cute hippy market selling gorgeous jewellery, purses, statement necklaces etc.

We really enjoyed our stay and the food was just awesome - had to go on strict diet on return ha ha! I really can't understand some of the poor reviews on here, we had a lovely holiday and would definitely return again. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: If you have poolside room you will hear music from about 10:30am until about 6:30pm from pool bar, s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
13  Thank Heidilou_11

Thank you very much for your comments.

We are very delighted that you enjoyed your holiday with us, and we are also glad to know by first hand that the behaviour and service offered by our staff have contributed to enjoy your stay with us.

Your words motivate us in all aspects and will be a pleasure for us tell about your comments.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I don’t normally write reviews on hotels but I felt that I needed to give my opinion. Where to start I stayed here at the beginning of July with my Partner. I wouldn’t say this is the same standard I have previously received whilst staying at a Platinum Thomson Hotel. However I couldn’t fault the food it served a purpose and you wouldn’t go hungry with lots of choice every night, the drinks were a good quality. The Al a Carte Restaurant was lovely the food was superb and would 100% recommend. The chefs were lovely just one issue the table service was very slow. The tables in the main restaurant were not cleared away quickly enough and sometimes if you timed it wrong in the evenings it can be a cattle market (I would suggest going slightly later). Staff were very friendly especially in the pool bar. Most spoke very little English not that it is imperative. If you are looking for Platinum standard entertainment you would be better walking into Playa D'en Bossa, it was awful I have never experienced entertainment like it. To give them credit I think they were a new team and they are a working progress, if you watch the entertainment in the evening be warned that you will be pestered to get up and dance or even sing when it was karaoke night. The rooms are basic but clean, needed a table on the balcony and a long length mirror in the main living area nothing major. As we arrived at 3am there was no night porter to help carry our luggage to the room and thankfully we were not on the top floor. The transfer from the airport was ace as it is only around the corner. I would highly recommend going to Ibiza Town for the day it is such a beautiful place. Be careful on the beach it cost us 30 euros for 2 sunbeds and an umbrella which is rather expensive. They also say not to reserve sunbeds with your towel around the pool but everybody did so take your chance with that. Don’t expect to get the Wi-Fi all the time as it is very hit and miss (that’s if you need it). I personally wouldn’t stay in this hotel again but would have no problem to recommend to anyone just don’t expect platinum standards. Go with an open mind and you will enjoy.

Room Tip: If you have heavy suitcases ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SarahJWhitaker

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for our comments posted on Tripadvisor.
We are very sorry that our efforts have not fulfilled your expectations, and we are also sorry about the inconveniences you have had.

Your opinión is very important to us and sure will help us in the future to improve.
For us is really important that if you have a complain please inform us inmediatly in order to solve the problems as soon as posible.

Thank you again for your feed back and we will delighted to see you in the future to improve posible mistakes.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here for a week in July and had an amazing time! The hotel and services offered completely exceeded expectations and the location of the hotel is spot on for any type of holiday. We were slightly worried about the choice hotel after reading trip advisor reviews beforehand, but the reviews couldn't be further from the truth! I did notice that the hotel management had replied to negative reviews in a constructive manner and had clearly used the feedback to work on improving the hotel. This showed how eager they are to improve and please their customers. The rooms were fairly basic but clean and modern with all the necessities. The food was absolutely fantastic! There was nothing we could fault; from the choices at every meal to the freshness of the produce. Amazing! The service was excellent too, anything you needed was provided straight away.
We returned home and both agreed that we'd stay at this hotel again. That is the first time we have said that about a hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank BeaBeas

Thank you very much for your comments.

We are very delighted that you enjoyede your holiday with us, and we are also glad to know by first hand that the behaviour and service offered by our staff have contributed to enjo0y your stay at Hotel Bahamas.
Wour words motivate us in all aspects and will be a pleasure for us tell about your comments.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

First off we were a group of couples aged between 25-32 so my review is based on a couple.
The hotel is nice it's huge so there's a lotta people around which means fighting over sun loungers. The food was good and the hotel allowed us to switch dinner for lunch as we would be going out for dinner in the evenings.
The hotel has great amenities for kids like a pool table, air hockey and entertainment. The pool is nice but again if the hotel is full it's jammed and I mean jammed you can't move without bumping into people. Rooms were clean but noisy from the planes which flew literally right over the hotel.
Check in took almost 1 hour and a half. Even queuing to switch our dinner ticket took 40 mins.
Overall the hotel is ok. I wouldn't return again during leak times august 9th.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dar guest,

We apologize about the inconvenients with the noise and the delay ath the reception.
Our staff is working hard in order to improve, , your opinión is very important to us and sure will help us in the future.

Hoping to see you in the future,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel kicks off with a welcome glass of bubbly, the hotel has a modern and welcoming feel. The staff are obliging and the facilities on the complex are very good. There were some minor snags in the room, but we felt these were bearable and we reported them before we left to allow the hotel to improve things. Food was great value and plenty of it. The cabaret restaurant was a nice touch to make a special evening and lovely to sit out on the rooftop terace for after dinner drinks and to watch the sunset. The hotel catered successfully for a variety of nationalities and everyone mingled happily. Location is right next to the beach, so the teens liked the option of a bit of space to themselves. Bossa resort not great on Saturday night but improved as the week progressed and easy to get to Ibiza town and airport. Would have rated a 5 If minor snags had not been an issue I would recommend a stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joy H

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel for my 30th birthday from 30 June to 11 July.
I had an amazing holiday. We have stayed before prior to the platinum status. The hotel has vastly improved. I noticed there are less families and more couples.
It's right on the beach which is fantastic, has excellent beach bars. We ate at Nassau and the new Beach Hut and the food was amazing.
The room is very well presented and is cleaned daily with fresh towels. Air con was really quiet and actually worked really well.
Pool - the pool was really busy everyday with the usual people claiming beds in the middle of the night but we still managed to get a bed up until about 10.30 ish. There is a pool towel service which is really good as saves space in luggage! We preferred the beach 10 euro to hire a lounger. Day beds are more if you want spend extra.
Food - excellent staff in restaurant and the food is of a high standard. Although we were all inclusive I don't like eating in the restaurant on an evening but we did twice and I had a steak cooked for me at show stations. There is a roast on every night which changes plus a selection of chicken pork fish etc.
Salads at lunch were delicious with lots of choice.
Drink - you can serve yourself pop or lager all day. Cocktails are included in all inclusive and they are decent. You could even get prosecco. You can get tea and coffee all day. They had boxes of pg tips! Yey! Also nice milk. Lots of fresh breads.
They have a cool chill out area now which was good for a drink at the end of sun bathing.
Staff are super helpful. I agree that we did not get champs or help with our bags on arrival as our flight landed at 11pm but I understood why.
On my birthday I received a bottle of bubbly and a message in my room as a gift.
Overall I couldn't really fault the hotel. I think it is worth every penny.
It's on a really cool beach so is great for young couples/ groups, I think the hotel know that and now play house music around the pool. It seems to be marketing itself to the younger crowd which is great.
There were loads of activities on throughout the day if you like that kind of thing.
You can walk to Ushuaia and Space so again ideal for young peeps.

Improvements that could be made - the doors are super noisy, they are slightly too big for the frame so it woke you up? We didn't get in until 6 some mornings so we would have woke people up and then everyone woke us up when they were going to the pool etc. More variety on the snack bar. I think there should be more of those big wooden chaise seats or introduce some day beds in the chill out zone.

It's definitely heading in the right direction for a platinum just adding a touch more glamour will do it!! Also, if they could have another restaurant which is included in all inclusive so you can mix it up a bit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lulumal9

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments.

We are very delighted that you enjoyed your holiday with us, and we are also glad to know by firs hand that the behaviour and service offered by our staff have contributed to enjoy your stay with us.
We hope to see you again.