“Awesome holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Club Bahamas Ibiza
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
“Awesome holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

We stayed at club Bahamas this year for the 4th time we go every year my son has become very friendly with the bar staff there in particular fernando and Gloria this is one of the cleanest friendliest nicest hotels you could ever stay in! We stayed in the hotel round the corner last year as we couldn't get into the Bahamas it runined my holiday in a way as I didn't feel so comfortable and relaxed I would never stay in a different Hotel again! I loveeeee It here and we will see you all next year

• Stayed September 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

Having just read the previous review I feel that I should put the record straight and say what a wonderful holiday we shared at this hotel with my daughter, future son-in-law and grandchildren. It was our first visit but my daughter and family had been to this location on two previous occasions and I have to say I can understand why. The staff were friendly and helpful from the moment we checked in to when we checked out. Our rooms were clean and fresh towels were left everyday. As for the food considering the amount of people that were being catered for there was always a good choice, plenty of it and tasty and each evening was themed i.e Italian one night, Mexican another etc, etc. All the facilities were clean from the pool to the bar areas, in fact every time you went into the reception area somebody was always cleaning and there was a fresh smell, in fact I remarked to my daughter how nice the hotel smelt. After the rain there was a slight odour from the drains but this is Spain not Washington or even Las Vegas! I would certainly recommend the hotel especially to families as they are very child friendly and have a full team of staff dedicated to entertaining your little ones and when they have been put to bed the evening entertainment was excellent. I really cannot understand the previous couples comments maybe there expectations go beyond the norm and as for the other reviews being faked I can assure you this is a true genuine account of our holiday and I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank suziek1
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2010

Myself and partner stayed at the Club Bahama's hotel from the 18th September, for 5 nights, H/B. I booked online, and this hotel appealed to us as it looked quite modern, was more or less on the beach & great value (saved 15% booking at this time of year). Both of us have holidayed in Ibiza before & this was my 6th time visiting the island, however I have always stayed in the Bay of San Antonio before. I think that the hotel was great value for money. We had a large room on the 1st floor, with a balcony facing the back of the hotel, which was essentially a road, but it was covered with palm tree's so it did not bother us. We had not asked for a sea view anyhow...I think if we stayed again, for longer than 5 nights I would like a sea view as it was lovely. I also think if we had been placed on the ground floor I would not have been so happy, the rooms had no balcony & the ones over looking the pool were not too private either, but that is just personal preference. As it goes we had a refurbished room, with a pull out sofa bed, as well as our own twin beds, flat screen TV, bathroom which had clearly, recently kitted out with black granite work top, modern sink and big mirror (the water in the bathroom was very salty, use bottled for teeth cleaning). Nice size balcony with sunbed, table and chairs. The lobby was clean and fresh smelling, as were the communal toilets in reception. Nice couches and African themed wood work and art on the walls in the lobby. Staff very helpful & all very good with all European languages (put my small amount of Spanish to shame). Good mix of people at this hotel, German, dutch, english, and Spanish, which we liked. We found the food to a good standard and better than we expected of a 3* hotel, & breakfast was great, better choice than a 4* hotel I stayed in on the island. The beach was literally a stones throw from the pool area. The sand at this end of the beach was soft and clean. We found a lovely beach bar called "Nassau" which was essentially an "on trend" laid back bar, with white drapes and comfy sun loungers, and a DJ playing chilled out music in the day & more funky stuff at night. Nassau is not the cheapest bar, but no more than what you'd expect to pay in a nice bar in Ibiza (12 euro's for a nice cocktail, 14 euro's for both a house wine and premium vodka with mixer). It was not pretentious in here either. The hotel has it's own beach bar too, we had a nice pizza here (8 euros) Further up the beach the tone lowers a little. Bora Bora, which we did visit at night was a bit tacky and full of young lads dancing about in trainers. Not a very nice vibe and the equivalent of the west end part of San Antonio, bit dirty and not as nice. But then it is an 18-30 area. The nice thing about Ibiza is that you make it what you want. I think the end of the beach where we were based was by far the nicest & the cleanest. I did miss the sunsets, and cafe Savannah round in the bay, but other than that it was nice to try something different. Spent a day in Ibiza town, well worth a visit for some local culture. So to sum it up, Club Bahama's hotel, good for couples, more mature groups, and families looking for a clean, good value hotel. Think a 1 week - 10 night stay would be ample in this area, just for stuff to do and see.

2 Thank kabroc
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

The reception area is huge and clean lots of nice art and leather seats. Staff at reception are ok apart from a couple who not that helpful. The food was average. Bar prices ok but can take a while to get served as they like to chat among themselves alot (the the bar staff) but thats the was all ibiza is anyway. Its great for kids and older people and the entertainment is not to bad although its a bit samish everynight. Ok if you like Shakiras song time for africa lol. So would we go again? YES. XX

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

Just back from a week at HCBI & it was one of the best holidays we have had.
It is literally a 5 min bus journey from the airport & like everyone says, the planes fly REALLY low over the resort but after a while you dont notice.
The hotel its self is lovely; we walked into a gorgeous, big, marble reception with comfy leather settees & carved wood furniture. Our check in was quick & the reception staff were lovely.
Our room was in the main block, when we first arrived I was disappointed that we didnt have a view of the pool but looking back it was actually better as there was absolutely no noise whatsoever. The room was big, clean, had a mini fridge for keeping your water cool & had plenty space for all our stuff. I have knocked a point off the 'sleep quality' as although the rooms have air con, its not particularly efficient even when its at its highest setting so the rooms were always a bit warmer than I would have liked. Plus they dont have a safe deposit box in the room, they are downstairs next to reception. The bathrooms were a bit tatty looking but clean all the same. The water in the tap & shower is disgusting! Having a shower is like being showered in the sea!
The bars are good, the one in reception has live music most nights. Abby Pianoman is really good! Never had a problem getting drinks & they arent stingy with the measures either ;)
I have to say that although the food was good & we enjoyed it, I would imagine that children, vegetarians & people who are fussy would struggle here. We always managed to eat well but there were no kids options (apart from pizza, burger & chips every day) & literally no vegetarian options apart from salad. They do also have a strange love of pork?!? Breakfast was the best choice & there is no way anyone could complain about it as they had everything you could possibly think of!
Pool was great, really big & always loads of loungers. Pool bar was handy too & again, never a problem getting drinks. All the bar staff we found were really friendly.
The animation team here are brilliant! They encourage you to join in but they never force you into doing anything you dont want to. They are ALWAYS doing some kind of activity through the day wether its the kids club/aqua gym/water polo etc & the shows they put on at night are great! They put soooooo much effort into them & they are def worth staying in for. The Waka Waka dance is funny!
The beach is accessed from the hotel & its beautiful & very clean (apart from the disgusting fag ends buried in the sand... gross!) & we always enjoyed a walk along it, past all the beach bars to see everyone partying through the day.
Its about a 5 min walk, in the dark, to the water park/Space/the start of Playa Den Bossa & thats where they start hassling you to go into their bars etc. Drinks were quite expensive in the resort but cheap deals can be found.
We went to Evissa one night & unfortunately it was raining so never got to fully explore it but the food there is VERY expensive. We managed to find an amazing wee tapas place up a side street & ate til we burst for 40 euros!
There is a great mix of people at this hotel, no one nationality dominates so the clientel are a good range of ages, nationalities, groups/couples/families etc. Im surprised that its only a 3* as we have stayed in worse 4* hotels.
Had a really great time & def would go back!

1 Thank sarahkScotland
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

nice beach hotel with friendly staff/comfortable clean rooms/good choice of food.
upgraded from H/B to A/I but this does not include international brand alcohol or the restaurant on the beach. sunbeds on the beach have to be paid for however there are plenty of free sunbeds around the hotels swimming pool.animation team were quite good and provided some entertainment at night and usual games during the day.
hotel is close to the airport and you do get aircraft noise but no big deal really and on the plus side the transfer is only ten minutes!.
ten minutes walk to Space nightclub and about 15mins stroll along the beach to Bora Bora/bus takes 15 mins into Ibiza town for 1.45 euros. Playa D'en Bossa itself is a bit tacky but hotel is at the quiet/cleaner end of it. beach is nice.
Probably a good place to stay if you want to be fairly near to the clubs in Ibiza but not right in the middle of it all.

St Austell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

Anywhere you go there will always be good points and bad points. Our apartment room was rather shabby and not large enough for two adults and two teenagers, but
on the plus side we did not book a sea view, but still had one, and our balcony was enormous wth the sun from early morning to late evening. There were no cupboards and the two wardrobes were very small, so we spent two weeks with most of our clothes still in the suitcases. One morning we had torrential rain and our room was flooded, even though we were on the second floor, my guess is the rain water came in from
the balcony, but we survived. The other thirteen days were scortching hot and our
air conditioning could not cope, some nights my grandson woke up distressed
and I had to sleep out on the balcony with him. I think it was one of those bonding moments. One night we even went and sat by the pool and were pleasantly surprised when the security guard appeard from nowhere to ask if we were all right - it's nice to know they do patrol the complex.
There are enough sunlongers, but if you want one in a prime location you must get up early and leave your towel on it to stake your claim, now when I say early I do mean very early - five o'clock at the latest. But we did go in the very height of the summer and the hotel was fully booked so I could imagine this situation probably does not exist during early or late season. You can hire Hotel towels for a deposit of 10 euros and this is refunded, but keep in mind they are worth ten euros so do not leave them unguarded. Many people lost their towels and their deposits. The pool is excellent! And the beach
is fantastic! Loved both. If you do get up early go and watch the sun rise it is awesome
and well worth the effort; take your camera.
The food was very good, but when the restraunt was full it did turn into a free for all and one had to grap a table and hang on to any cutlery you could find. All the restraunt staff worked very hard and always gave you a big welcoming smile, and like I said it was the busiest month, so it's not really a gripe. We were all inclusive and if we were away for the day we could even book a takeaway lunch which was always good.
I just mentioned all there restraunt staff as being good, this also applies to all the staff; cleaners, reception and bar - all worked very hard and never stopped smiling. A big well done to them all - no complaints what so ever.
However one major gripe was when we first arrived we had to wait three hours for our room and three days for a hotel safe! This meant for three days we had to carry all our money, all our passports and tickets! This was a major problem. My advice is grap a safe as soon as you can. And here's a big tip, when you get you safe key, memorise the number and remove the safe number tag because if you loose the key someone
could find it and would look at the number and be able to go to the lobby room that houses all the safes and take everything - this actually happened to one unfortuneate family. They should have a vidoe camera in the safe room for added security.
The jewel in the crown of the Hotel Club Bahamas is the entertainment. It was brilliant, we actually looked forward to the evenings. All the entertainment staff worked
very hard from early morning till late at night to make everyone's holiday special, nothing was too much trouble and they went out of there way to get the guests to join in. If you have children this hotel is a must. The dark haired Italian girl called Chira was excellent with all the children, she was a joy to watch, she has a gift and should be on television doing a kid's program. Ruth is in charge of the entertainment crew and therefore must take a lot of the praise, what ever they pay her they should double it - well done Ruth, I hope they appreciate all you do, you were excellent!
On some evenings they did have certain events that were a bit of a rip off, an
owl show, a parrot show, a reptile show, if your child wants a photo taken it costs
ten euros and as you can imagine it gets expensive
That's it, I would certainly recommend the Hotel Club Bahamas, and even though
it is only rated three star I'd give it more. The location is good and the bus service into Ibiza runs with charming regularity and like I said the beach is lovely. But if you do venture out to explore Ibiza keep your wits about you and beware when in crowded streets. Unlike Greece, Ibiza is reknowned for it's criminal underworld. Beware of
the pick pockets. Don't carry all you money in one place. Don't be a tourist. Don't
be gullible. In our two week stay heard of seven people being robbed and two burgularies and one rape. The island of Ibiza needs to get its act together.
But let in end on a good note - the Hotel Club Bahas was excellent and I would
certainly recomend it, especiall with you have children! Oh, I nearly forgot the
airport is very close but the planes flying in and out are not a problem, infact
they are a bit of a novelty, so don't be put off. Great holiday!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family