“second time even better”

Hotel Club Bahamas Ibiza
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
nottingham
“second time even better”
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Me and my husband and son liam was only there17 weeks ago we have just got back from the second holiday when we got there the staff rememberd us they made a fuss of liam that made us happy they took our luggage to our room and on leaving again gave us hugs and a big kiss for liam this is the best place in ibiza and yes we are going again in may and one more thing on the beach at night there was a wedding big round tables with white linen cloths on chairs candles palm trees had lights on them it was so lovely i did not know that a 3 star hotel could do this you only see this in 5 star hotels.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 October 2010

i'm not one to really stay in a 3-star, but i have to say that i was really impressed with this 3-star hotel. the room had a balcony that was large, the room was spacious, the beds weren't too bad (although it was two twins pushed together), and the hotel connected to a nice part of the beach. for people ready to party, it's also walking distance to space and a lot of the afternoon clubs. i would recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2010

We stayed at club Bahamas this year for the 4th time we go every year my son has become very friendly with the bar staff there in particular fernando and Gloria this is one of the cleanest friendliest nicest hotels you could ever stay in! We stayed in the hotel round the corner last year as we couldn't get into the Bahamas it runined my holiday in a way as I didn't feel so comfortable and relaxed I would never stay in a different Hotel again! I loveeeee It here and we will see you all next year

• Stayed September 2010
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Having just read the previous review I feel that I should put the record straight and say what a wonderful holiday we shared at this hotel with my daughter, future son-in-law and grandchildren. It was our first visit but my daughter and family had been to this location on two previous occasions and I have to say I can understand why. The staff were friendly and helpful from the moment we checked in to when we checked out. Our rooms were clean and fresh towels were left everyday. As for the food considering the amount of people that were being catered for there was always a good choice, plenty of it and tasty and each evening was themed i.e Italian one night, Mexican another etc, etc. All the facilities were clean from the pool to the bar areas, in fact every time you went into the reception area somebody was always cleaning and there was a fresh smell, in fact I remarked to my daughter how nice the hotel smelt. After the rain there was a slight odour from the drains but this is Spain not Washington or even Las Vegas! I would certainly recommend the hotel especially to families as they are very child friendly and have a full team of staff dedicated to entertaining your little ones and when they have been put to bed the evening entertainment was excellent. I really cannot understand the previous couples comments maybe there expectations go beyond the norm and as for the other reviews being faked I can assure you this is a true genuine account of our holiday and I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank suziek1
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Myself and partner stayed at the Club Bahama's hotel from the 18th September, for 5 nights, H/B. I booked online, and this hotel appealed to us as it looked quite modern, was more or less on the beach & great value (saved 15% booking at this time of year). Both of us have holidayed in Ibiza before & this was my 6th time visiting the island, however I have always stayed in the Bay of San Antonio before. I think that the hotel was great value for money. We had a large room on the 1st floor, with a balcony facing the back of the hotel, which was essentially a road, but it was covered with palm tree's so it did not bother us. We had not asked for a sea view anyhow...I think if we stayed again, for longer than 5 nights I would like a sea view as it was lovely. I also think if we had been placed on the ground floor I would not have been so happy, the rooms had no balcony & the ones over looking the pool were not too private either, but that is just personal preference. As it goes we had a refurbished room, with a pull out sofa bed, as well as our own twin beds, flat screen TV, bathroom which had clearly, recently kitted out with black granite work top, modern sink and big mirror (the water in the bathroom was very salty, use bottled for teeth cleaning). Nice size balcony with sunbed, table and chairs. The lobby was clean and fresh smelling, as were the communal toilets in reception. Nice couches and African themed wood work and art on the walls in the lobby. Staff very helpful & all very good with all European languages (put my small amount of Spanish to shame). Good mix of people at this hotel, German, dutch, english, and Spanish, which we liked. We found the food to a good standard and better than we expected of a 3* hotel, & breakfast was great, better choice than a 4* hotel I stayed in on the island. The beach was literally a stones throw from the pool area. The sand at this end of the beach was soft and clean. We found a lovely beach bar called "Nassau" which was essentially an "on trend" laid back bar, with white drapes and comfy sun loungers, and a DJ playing chilled out music in the day & more funky stuff at night. Nassau is not the cheapest bar, but no more than what you'd expect to pay in a nice bar in Ibiza (12 euro's for a nice cocktail, 14 euro's for both a house wine and premium vodka with mixer). It was not pretentious in here either. The hotel has it's own beach bar too, we had a nice pizza here (8 euros) Further up the beach the tone lowers a little. Bora Bora, which we did visit at night was a bit tacky and full of young lads dancing about in trainers. Not a very nice vibe and the equivalent of the west end part of San Antonio, bit dirty and not as nice. But then it is an 18-30 area. The nice thing about Ibiza is that you make it what you want. I think the end of the beach where we were based was by far the nicest & the cleanest. I did miss the sunsets, and cafe Savannah round in the bay, but other than that it was nice to try something different. Spent a day in Ibiza town, well worth a visit for some local culture. So to sum it up, Club Bahama's hotel, good for couples, more mature groups, and families looking for a clean, good value hotel. Think a 1 week - 10 night stay would be ample in this area, just for stuff to do and see.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kabroc
london
Reviewed 29 September 2010

The reception area is huge and clean lots of nice art and leather seats. Staff at reception are ok apart from a couple who not that helpful. The food was average. Bar prices ok but can take a while to get served as they like to chat among themselves alot (the the bar staff) but thats the was all ibiza is anyway. Its great for kids and older people and the entertainment is not to bad although its a bit samish everynight. Ok if you like Shakiras song time for africa lol. So would we go again? YES. XX

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Scotland
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Just back from a week at HCBI & it was one of the best holidays we have had.
It is literally a 5 min bus journey from the airport & like everyone says, the planes fly REALLY low over the resort but after a while you dont notice.
The hotel its self is lovely; we walked into a gorgeous, big, marble reception with comfy leather settees & carved wood furniture. Our check in was quick & the reception staff were lovely.
Our room was in the main block, when we first arrived I was disappointed that we didnt have a view of the pool but looking back it was actually better as there was absolutely no noise whatsoever. The room was big, clean, had a mini fridge for keeping your water cool & had plenty space for all our stuff. I have knocked a point off the 'sleep quality' as although the rooms have air con, its not particularly efficient even when its at its highest setting so the rooms were always a bit warmer than I would have liked. Plus they dont have a safe deposit box in the room, they are downstairs next to reception. The bathrooms were a bit tatty looking but clean all the same. The water in the tap & shower is disgusting! Having a shower is like being showered in the sea!
The bars are good, the one in reception has live music most nights. Abby Pianoman is really good! Never had a problem getting drinks & they arent stingy with the measures either ;)
I have to say that although the food was good & we enjoyed it, I would imagine that children, vegetarians & people who are fussy would struggle here. We always managed to eat well but there were no kids options (apart from pizza, burger & chips every day) & literally no vegetarian options apart from salad. They do also have a strange love of pork?!? Breakfast was the best choice & there is no way anyone could complain about it as they had everything you could possibly think of!
Pool was great, really big & always loads of loungers. Pool bar was handy too & again, never a problem getting drinks. All the bar staff we found were really friendly.
The animation team here are brilliant! They encourage you to join in but they never force you into doing anything you dont want to. They are ALWAYS doing some kind of activity through the day wether its the kids club/aqua gym/water polo etc & the shows they put on at night are great! They put soooooo much effort into them & they are def worth staying in for. The Waka Waka dance is funny!
The beach is accessed from the hotel & its beautiful & very clean (apart from the disgusting fag ends buried in the sand... gross!) & we always enjoyed a walk along it, past all the beach bars to see everyone partying through the day.
Its about a 5 min walk, in the dark, to the water park/Space/the start of Playa Den Bossa & thats where they start hassling you to go into their bars etc. Drinks were quite expensive in the resort but cheap deals can be found.
We went to Evissa one night & unfortunately it was raining so never got to fully explore it but the food there is VERY expensive. We managed to find an amazing wee tapas place up a side street & ate til we burst for 40 euros!
There is a great mix of people at this hotel, no one nationality dominates so the clientel are a good range of ages, nationalities, groups/couples/families etc. Im surprised that its only a 3* as we have stayed in worse 4* hotels.
Had a really great time & def would go back!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple