Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Sirenis Hotel Goleta & Spa(Playa d'en Bossa)
  • Pool
Hotel Torre del Mar(Playa d'en Bossa)
View Hotel
Hotel Playasol Mare Nostrum(Playa d'en Bossa)
  • Beachfront
Apartmentos Playa Sol I(Playa d'en Bossa)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsibiza townplenty of sunbedspool areaplaya denindoor barreception staffsea viewminute walkend of the seasonon an all inclusive basisrestaurant staffbuffet stylebus stopcost eurosjust arrived backstayed all inclusiveshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Picking a place to stay in Ibiza is a mission. Hotels are either too expensive or poorly located and all of them sell out fast! This hotel seemed to be well priced, clean and well located and one of the few decent ones available for the dates of travel. Nevertheless I felt like I was settling when I picked this place. I had very poor expectations going in because of the reviews I read but It was exactly what I was hoping it would be. The hotel is definitely one of those new modern quiet and chic hotels so there is no point in comparing to those hotels. Just take it for what it is and what it is advertising. It is a mass tourism destination providing all inclusive packages to families. And thats exactly what it was.
I have to say that the location was hands down the best thing about the hotel. The hotel is located literally 2 steps from Playa den bossa beach, which is lined with beach bars and restaurants and home to a small pier with ferry trips and open floor boat tours to Formentara Island. Directly outside the main door of the hotel there is a supermarket thats got everything a traveller could every want and is open till 3 am in the morning. Its also worth mentioning that you can also get tickets to clubs from there which is super convenient. The hotel is really well located in terms of nightlife and other activities. It is around 10 min taxi ride (20 min walk) to Playa D'en Bossa's main strip that got shops, restaurants, lots of bars, and clubs like Ushaia and Space. Its also around 10-15 min taxi ride to Ibiza town, the center of Ibiza with lots of historical sites, shops and for those that care Pacha!.
The hotel itself like I said earlier was good. Not mind blowing. Just good. The rooms and the bathrooms are large and clean which is to me is the most important. On the downside, the bed was hard and they had pushed together two single beds to form a double which kept drifting apart. The room safe came at an extra cost and so did the internet ( The wifi costs around 15 Euros for 24 hours of use) The room walls are super thin, so thin that you can completely hear the conversation going on in the next room. I must also warn that every day at around 10 -10:30 in the morning the hotel pool area starts blasting out extremely loud and extremely cheesy loud music in the pool area which could be heard throughout the entire hotel. I get that the hotel is trying to create a fun vibe but I really did not appreciate the loud music after a late night out.
The service at the hotel was great, the receptionist where available all the time for all our random queries. They also sell tickets to events (sometimes cheaper than outside) for those who are party goers. I was most impressed with them and their security measures. A friend of mine had her sister visit at night and they made sure to check who she was before letting her in which was comforting for such a large hotel.
Overall If your travelling on budget you have to expect that not everything is going to be amazing. You just have to access what is most important to you in a hotel. At the end of the day, despite many areas for improvement, to me the hotel is clean, its well located, and decent for the price I paid.

3  Thank D A
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stayed with a friend at this hotel in July 2012 and cannot recommend it enough - it was a clean, quiet, friendly, helpful and wonderfully located hotel. People saying that it doesn't match up to other 4 star establishments they've stayed in - well, you get what you pay for. It is a really reasonably priced hotel for Ibiza (an expensive place to stay, full stop) so we were very happy with what we got. The room was cleaned everyday and new towels and bedding was provided, the options for food were really varied, paella, pasta, seafood, salads, meats and cheeses. All very fresh, light and continental (although I did overhear other Brits complaining about the lack of chips and burgers - talk about live up to the stereotype!) The pools were large and never too busy, even though it was July and there was plenty of sun loungers. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful and the selection of drinks was also varied (we had all inclusive which was a little bit more limited, no brands etc.) I would definitely 100% stay here again, lovely hotel and lovely location!

2  Thank AliceIsabel86
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Arrived at tres carabelas at 10.30 am, we were told there was not a room available yet but we were able to go and drink by the pool. We went back at noon to see if there was a room yet, still they said there wasn't one available. This meant we couldn't go on the beach or in the pool or anything because of all our belongings, passports, money etc. Finally at 3.00pm we were given a room, but by this time, we had wasted a day of our holiday waiting around! The room itself was clean, decent bathroom etc, balcony overlooking the sea.
The dinner had a lot of choice but the food was repulsive. Tried a range of different foods that was put out, and in all honesty I wouldn't have fed my dog what they served up. The breakfast the next morning was ok, it had a choice of fruit, breads, pastries etc. The cereal was revolting, it was stale, chewy and had warm milk to put on it. The lunch was just as bad as the dinner. We tried eating at the hotel a few times over the week to see if it improved at all, which it didn't. We resorted to going out and buying dinner, even though we were all inclusive.
The pool area etc was good, very clean, nice beds to lay on, good bar outside, a good range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks available. The bar had a food menu, which was microwavable hotdogs and burgers that looked anaemic (however, better food than what was served up in the buffet hall).
The staff were to be honest, quite rude. Some were friendly and helpful, others looked like they had never cracked a smile in their life times. Also, we had one incident when we had paid 50 euros each and left 2 tickets for one of the clubs on the side, and the cleaner had mysteriously made them them disappear, until we noticed they had gone. The hotels excuse was that we had left them lying around and the cleaner would have tidied them up and thrown them away, even though we had rubbish on our sides and some on the floor that had been untouched. After much debate and threatening to take it further (after all, it was stealing) the cleaner had "found" our missing tickets and given them back to reception.
Over all, the hotel itself was kept very clean and tidy, and it was a pleasant hotel to stay in. The location was great, right on the beach and close enough to the clubs, but far enough away from all the madness too. The food and some of the staff let it down, and in my opinion, this hotel should be a 3 star rather than 4.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank lisa f
Hoteltrescarabelas, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Client,

Thanks for visiting the Sirenis Hotel Carabelas & Spa and for sharing your point of view in Tripadvisor.

We would like to thank you for your comments about the location of the hotel and cleaning; it is great to see that the incident with the club-entries was resolved.

We apologize for the incident with the check-in, as you had to wait so long, and we regret that we did not exceed your expectations in any of our services.

Your comments are very important for us and next time will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Best Regards,
Sirenis Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Well, yes and no...

If I was rating the hotel purely on the levels of customer service & cleanliness then 100%, it deserves four stars. However, I think most travellers who are used to staying in other four-star establishments worldwide would agree with me that this hotel doesn't quite make the grade in other areas.

Let's start with the good points:

Customer Service: Ana on Reception and Rafa in the Restaurant are nothing short of exceptional. They both went out of their way to make sure are our stay was both comfortable and enjoyable. I had written an email several weeks prior to our arrival requesting a room with a pool view and Ana literally bent over backwards to make sure this happened - she jigged two rooms around and although we had to wait a little while longer she guaranteed us a pool-view room on the sixth floor - all done with a smile. And Rafa in the Restaurant was fantastic - a great sense of humour and he always came up to our table to have a laugh and a joke with us. Both Ana & Rafa deserve gold stars by the management - they're a credit to the hotel.

Cleanliness: The hotel is spotless - literally. I've never seen a hotel kept so clean. Bedrooms, public areas, the pool - all cleaned daily with military precision.

Reasons why I think the hotel is more in line with a three star:

The interiors are just a tad dated and a little sad-looking in parts. The corridors are dull and uninviting, the blue bed sheets reminded me of those in NHS hospitals, the bathrooms drastically needed bringing into the 21st century and sofas/arm chairs in the lobby were tired and worn.

The food in the buffet restaurant, whilst plentiful and varied, lacked oomph. It was just okay - mediocre but not worthy of four stars.

The pool had a large PA speaker that blasted out all genres of music (think everything from cheesy pop, to 70s/80s, to rock, to dance, to ballads etc. etc.) all day long. I wouldn't have minded if this was used only for the activities of the Animation Team, but to hear this all day every day put us off sitting my the pool. Again, not something a four star establishment would usually do - we thought this was very "Butlins".

Room walls were VERY thin. Even with ear plugs in on some nights I could still hear the rooms either side of me.

We had a great time, and I wouldn't want to put anybody off staying here, I just believe the four stars are a little misleading.

If you're looking for a clean and friendly hotel, then this is a good choice - just don't expect luxury because you won't find it here.

Room Tip: Email the hotel several weeks before to ask for a room with a pool view (otherwise you might end up with one over looking the car park).
3  Thank MaverickBren2011
Hoteltrescarabelas, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Dear Customer,

After reading your comments on Trip Advisor, wanted first of all to thank you for taking your time to share your experiences with other travellers and because such comments help us to improve constantly to maintain and raise the level of services offered to our customers.

Best regards,
Sirenis Hotels & Resorts,

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Very very clean, no chance of a cockroach in this hotel! Food was awsome every morning and evening, very good choice and always one or two cooked meats feshly prepared by chefs. Spa was disapointing as the gym opening times were crazy, doesn open till 9.30am, so that messes up any breakfast plans and shuts in the evening at 7pm (i think that may be on weekends) but very frustrating as its too hot to use before 7pm! the spa is also additional cost, i hate it when you go to a hotel called SPA in the name yet its in a different building (as in public use it) and you have to pay extra for it!! also no where to put bikes, i cant be the only one to hire a bike who stayed there BUT they looked like i was mad! no where to lock it to outside the front or back. The hire company advised not to leave it outside at night and if it was tolen id pay 300 euros for a new bike! i had no choice but to carry it up 4 flights of stairs everyday. 2 days from the end the manager told me i wasnt allowed it in my room!!! talk about crazy, i explained the situation and just turned around and walked up to my room. No one stopped me but very annoying.

Room Tip: ask for a balcony!! my room was road facing and was so dull in the evening
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo