“Good for price and location”

Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Just returned from here after staying for 3 nights on a girls holiday. I was quite nervous about staying here after reading the other reviews but alot of the bad stuff mentioned I never had any problems with. Staff were really friendly and helpfull, there was definately no bias towards Spanish or Italian etc. The hotel is geared for all nationalities but during the day around the pool they have entertainment for the Italians which was very noisey and after a while would be annoying if you did not want to join in and just wanted abit of peace and quiet. The buffet food for breakfast lunch and dinner was good, breakfast always the same but lunch and dinner there was always something different over the 3 days we were there. I am not sure whether this is really a 4*, I've not stayed in many before but for the price I paid I would say it was really really good. The only bad point about the rooms is the walls really are paper thin. It did not bother me as I had my friends either side of me but we could talk to each other without any difficulty through the walls and especially in the bathroom. I would return here for a girsl trip but I would not go with my family, its a good location for the bars and clubs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed in the hotel from the 7th July to the 18th July with my wife and two children aged 20 and 16. We had adjoining rooms on level 4 overlooking the swimming pool. The rooms were clean and the maids changed the towels etc. every day. The food was excellent during our stay and the pool bar served snacks during the day. The bar staff were always polite and we had no problems over the size of the drinks. There were plenty of sunbeds around the pool and the hotel is in walking distance of the beach. (30 metres). It was ideally located away from all the buzz of Playa De Bossa and there was a bus stop close by to Ibiza town although a taxi only cost 8.50 Euros. The reception and restaurant staff were always smiling and very helpful. Overall I would recommended this hotel and hopefully we will return in 2014.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian016
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a girlie weekend, the reception staff were really nice and the rooms where clean and big you could hear other noise but it wasn't too bad!

The food was nice and all fresh!

The pool area was very clean and there were plenty of loungers! The bar staff could be a little rude at first but did become abit more friendly towards the end of our stay.

I would defo stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel from the 8th july 2013 to the 15th july 2013. I am a travel agent for thomson holidays so I booked this holiday for me and my family which where my mum , dad and younger sister. we had two rooms one on the first floor and one on the fifth floor try and get the fifth floor as that is where the better view is. We went all inclusive the food was great had a wide range of choices, the drinks where good they where not mean on the alcohol haha. The pool area was never packed we manage to get a sunbed with no problems. The hotel it self was overall excellent they had entertainment but was in spanish as most of the people where spanish or german. The location was on the beach but playa den bossa is not got much going for it theres hardly any bars only the big major clubs like space and ushia tower. We got car hiire and did some travelling around which I prefered to do. Overall good hotel the customer service was great had no problems.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nicola b
Reviewed 8 July 2013

First of all I would like to say that in no way what so ever would I class this hotel as a 4*, it needs to be downgraded to a 3* as to not mislead people who have never been before. Upon arrival we had to wait almost 3 hours for our room due to us requesting a kingsize bed (which we didn't, we just said we preferred a double bed). The reception staff aren't rude as such, they just don't seem interested in you unless you speak Spanish. This can also be said of the rest of the hotel staff, strangely I found the maids the friendliest in the whole of our 10 day stay. The entertainment team are perfect - if you're Italian, Spanish or German - English people get overlooked massively. Rooms are of ok size, we seemed to be in a modernised one (234 I think) with a flat screen TV with only Sky News in english so that was all we could watch. Rooms are very noisy, doors slamming, conversations and toilets flushing can be heard at all hours. I don't think I had a full nights sleep during our entire stay. Rooms cleaned on a daily basis so long as you leave the card on your door. Food is ok, usual all inclusive deal, but nothing to rave about. Drinks come in generous sizes and you can have wine with your meal. The worst thing about this hotel is the pool - it was FREEZING. Please go down to the beach, you'll have a much nicer time and the water in the sea is much warmer! Overall just an OK hotel, but nowhere near the money we paid and has put us off coming back to Ibiza in general

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gemmam141
Hoteltrescarabelas, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your visit to the Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa last June and for sharing your feedback with us and the travel community.

We regret not having been able to meet your expectations in some areas; it is also very disappointing for us when customers are not pleased with our services.

Sundays are for us check-in and check-out peak days. Although our front desk try to accommodate our guests upon their arrival, the check-in time is after 2 p.m. We try our best, but sometimes the check-in takes a little bit longer. We are aware that the reception registered your room at 1:42 p.m.

The service is a primary aspect for our staff, regardless of the origin of our guests. I personally offer you an apology if our staff was not as helpful as pretended to be.

We value your opinion and hope that your future stay with us will be full of glad experiences.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed here as it was a friends wedding and this was one of the nearest places. I can certainly say I WILL NOT BE RETURNING!!! This is NOT a 4**** hotel at all, no tea or coffee facilities, NO IRON (very difficult if you have a lovely dress for a wedding and nothing to iron it with!) The hotel has ONE iron for the entire complex and they have no plans to buy single ones for room on the count that all of them had been previously stolen!!! The food is repetitive and poor the fruit is stale, some of the service staff are freindly but most are not. The bar staff are terribly rude! Oh and before I forget i must mention you can hear the people in the next room, and I mean everything they are up to as well!

The room rates are over priced so in this instance you will not get what you pay for. Unless you have no other choice do not stay here...Plenty of better places to stay. That said I probably wont be visiting ibiza again unless I have another wedding to attend. Nevertheless im staying well clear of this hotel.

Dont bother using the spa theres a price for everything and you need to wear swimming caps in the indoor pool if you dont you wont be allowed in!

Room Tip: Top floor nicer veiw
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Regular Travell... C
Hoteltrescarabelas, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for visiting the Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa during the month of May and for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

We apologize if we could not meet your expectations in some of our services. I have taken notes about some issues you describe, and have informed the hotel manager accordingly to take care about it.

We regret that we could not offer you an iron on the wedding day, all of them had been lent and the one we still had was broken. This one could not be replaced until the Monday after. Our front desk tried to get one for you from the Sirenis Hotel Goleta & Spa, but there was none available at that time. If a proper use of irons is made we always have some available.

Free services for our hotel guests at the Sirenis Vital Spa are: a heated swimming pool, a whirlpool, an hydro-massage pool and ring and a Gymnasium.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I would not class this anywhere near a 4* hotel...
Wifi is advertised as free and available in rooms, but is not! No basic tea & coffee facilities available in the room. Beds are hard. You have to pay to use the safe. Lighting in the rooms is poor.
Worst of all, you can hear everything going on in the next room as clear as day through the toilet - toilets flushing, showers, conversations... Ugh.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank misstrip2

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at Sirenis Tres Carabelas & Spa and for your review.

We regret that some facilities made your stay not to be to your liking. The internet connection is available at the reception and free of charge; We are having technical problems which have already been reported to the supplier company and we are doing everything possible to fix the WiFi service as soon as possible.

We hope to exceed your expectations in your next visit to a Sirenis hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa d'en Bossa
#1 of 8 in Port d'es Torrent
Ibiza Sun Apartments
Ibiza Sun Apartments
#8 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa? Share your experiences!