“big basic and cheap but not the best”
Review of Bon Sol Apartments

Bon Sol Apartments
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed 10 August 2014

came back from a week stay at bon sol about 3 weeks ago now. firstly we arrived at 9 am and room was not ready till after 3 which was annoying after i mentioned time that we would be arriving thinking room would be ready for about 11-12 even though they let us put our suitcases in some dingey little room in garden. once given our room they are big and spacious but there was 3 of us and only one double bed and the worst hard sofa bed ever we ended up all sleeping in double bed but to be fair you don't really sleep in Ibiza . massive living room and balcony overall room is very dated and if your girls the most annoying thing was that there is only one basic mirror in bathroom which was annoying whilst 3 girls tried to get ready . its a must you get air con the rooms get so hot .maids give you fresh towels and toilet roll BUT DON'T CLEAN OR CHANGE YOUR SHEETS FOR THE WEEK! wifi is crap dont even bother pay for it waste of money .only really bad thing id say is it not having a 24 hour reception there were weird men working there at night which was scary at times walking home in dark. great location 1 min from sankeys and like 5-6 min walk to bora bora ,space,ushuaia . if your looking for somewere close cheap and basic its fine but as this was my 3rd stay in ibiza i wont be staying here again there are much better places such as jets ,ebono and club bossa park

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We just had two groups stay in two apartments here & it was absolutely fine..more than fine even. We were really worried after looking at the reviews but it's only a place to sleep and it was honestly enjoyable.

We had room 212 which had been very recently renovated and 312 which hadn't been renovated but was still acceptable for the price we paid.

The location is perfect, you are such a short walk to the beach and loads of the major bars/clubs.

Down the road is Pizza Hut, KFC, hungry jacks and an awesome noodle shop across the road.

They have two pools but we didn't even have time to go in them.

The only negative is that the outside of the hotel area was quite dirty (they just need someone picking up rubbish) and you have to pay 20 euro for a week of wifi which doesn't work very well. Fix this up and it would be perfect! I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been renovated, it does make a big difference.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Holiday last week of sep/start of oct.

This hotel is basic but has everything you need and much larger than expected. If your going to Ibiza with your pals, your not going to be spending much time in the apartment anyway. The apartment appeared clean, some of the plugs were not working however everything else was fine. Beds were perfectly comfortable with decent pillows. Decent sized fridge to keep alcohol in and the shower/bath worked fine. Large balcony was perfect! Cleaners came every second day offering to clean or give us free towels. These apartments don't really have a pool, however they are a 5 min walk to the beach and the shops are practically on your doorstep. Space is also a 10 min walk. Overall these apartments were basic but large and just what we needed. Cheap too!

Room Tip: Try stay in the 213 or 313.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ems C
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I booked Bon Sol Apartments one month before my holiday (booked in June 2013) so expected to pay more than it was worth but these apartments were definitely not even worth half the money I paid for it.

There are three sorts of 'Bon Sol' accommodation down the same road so when going to check in I went to 'Bon Sol Squash' where I was rudely told to go across the road to 'Bon Sol Prestige'. Here I was initially told I had not made a booking despite having the booking confirmation documents in my hand. After about half an hour I was told I would need to go to some other apartments down the road.

When I eventually arrived at the correct apartments I was given a key to a room which was situated on the ground floor literally two metres from the small, dirty and rather depressing swimming pool. The balcony was tiny and within touching distance from the swimming pool so the apartment had no privacy whatsoever. Also the apartment was very close to the road as the swimming pool is possibly the smallest swimming pool I've ever seen.

I asked reception staff to move to another room and initially they said they were fully booked and there were no other rooms available. Ten minutes later they changed their story and said I could move room but in two days time which I was not happy with so after an hour of complaining they agreed to move me to an apartment (that must have magically become available) but said I would need to wait two hours for it to be cleaned. Two and a half hours later I was taken across the road to another set of apartments and showed my room which was on the third floor (no lift so have to carry luggage).

The size of the room was OK and the balcony was large and looked onto another set of apartments. The room itself it so dated and seriously needs a revamp. The bed was fine and there was a little kitchen with a fridge and an oven (which didn't look like it worked) there was no kettle. The air con was good but only worked when the door to the balcony was shut. The bathroom was what really let the apartment down as it was so old and in desperate need of a makeover. The size of the bath/shower was fine but the bath tub was so old it had a number of dirty marks on that you can't rub off. The tap in the bath and in the sink had mould all over it and the bathroom window did not open.

I stayed in the apartments a week and think the towels were changed twice within this time but the apartment was never cleaned and the rubbish was never taken away.

The only good point about these apartments is the location. It is a 5 minute walk from Bora Beach, Space etc. and is in a quiet road so had no problems sleeping. There is a Spa supermarket next door which was handy.

Overall I would not stay at these apartments again. I think they are very overpriced but that's what you get for staying in the heart of Playa D'En Bossa. My friends stayed in 'Ebano Apartments' which were five minutes from Bon Sol and I would definitely recommend staying there as the rooms were much more modern and cleaner and there is a lovely big pool. If you just want somewhere to sleep near all the clubs and are not bothered about cleanliness, then these apartments are fine but I would definitely not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sally5210
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The hotel is actually ok for the money, it's a cheap place to rest your head and nothing more, it suited what me and my mates needed. But on the 4th night we were robbed (and we think they tried on the 3rd night originally).

On the 3rd night one of the lads stayed in, only to be woken at around 1:30am by someone (not one of our group) poking his head in the bedroom and telling him to shut his window and then quickly disappearing before he could ask any questions or even see what the guy looked like. I've never heard of a hotel doing this at that time in the morning elsewhere!

On to the 4th night and all of us were out by 12:30am. The key card entry records show that at 1:18am a guest keycard entered the room (despite us having the only guest keycard available). We had money, phones, iPod, clothes and trainers stolen from us. When we found out upon our return the hotel were not helpful in the slightest, as were the police. The hotel tried to tell us that it was nothing to do with them and it would not be possible for them to print out another keycard, yet when we asked what would happen if we'd lost ours we were told they could print us one out straight away.

Overall I'd be extremely cautious about staying here, especially if you have a room with one of the big balconies (on the 1st floor), as looking through the previous reviews this is not the first time this scenario has happened.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank GarethW1402
Reviewed 28 September 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week (17th to 21st Sep 2012). We were a but dubious about the apartments before we arrived after reading some of the horrific reviews but I have to admit we had a great experience and will definitely stay here again.

The rooms were basic but clean and we received clean towels every day. We had a great big balcony and the air conditioning (although only in the living room) worked very well and filtered through to the bedroom if left on long enough to circulate through the apartment.

Contrary to what a few people have previously written on their reviews, it is not salt water in the bathroom but infact the high mineral content water which you often get while staying in the Balearics. The apartments were also not as noisy as people have made out either, I have stayed in a lot worse!!!

The apartments are situated close to a few fast food and more upmarket restaurants, also a spar, 5 min walk from Bora Bora beach and Space.

If you are going to Ibiza as a couple or with friends for a clubbing holiday, these apartments are perfect for you. Superb value for money! Just don't be put off by the previous reviews!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank McGill29
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Bon Sol, 17th of Sept to the 21st. It was me and my girlfriend sharing a room, and after reading the reviews on here we were slightly worried by our choice of apartment.

Fortunately trip advisor true to form is full of clueless people with a severe anal disposition. We had a great time, and the apartments were excellent for what we were after. Air conditioned, roomy, decent standard of cleanliness and most surprising of all an actual double bed, with a mattress that was comfortable!(anyone who visits Ibiza regularly knows this is a hard thing to come by)

People commenting on not taking children to the apartments should consider that Playa D'en Bossa isn't a place for kids full stop. You are right in the middle of the clubbing capital of the world! However if you are seeking a good base close to Space, Bora Bora and all the other night life hotspots these apartments are perfect.

The water in the taps is not salt water, the Balearics island fresh water supply comes from artisian(sp) wells. The water from these have a high mineral content. This is why you are instructed not to drink from the taps when visiting any Balearic island. Hence the "salty" nature of the water.

The bottom line is, these apartments are perfect if you want a good Ibiza holiday. We were not in bed for 10 every night, but at the same time never had any problems with noise when we did want to sleep. 100% recommended if you want to do Ibiza on a budget.

• Stayed: September 2012