“Grupoplayasol are liars!!”

Apartamentos Playasol My Tivoli
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

This review is about the company grupoplayasol who do the bookings for several hotels/apartments in Ibiza.
I booked to stay at one of their apartments where I have stayed for the last 7 years. I am due to go on Saturday (6th October) for 2 nights. However yesterday - 5 days before I arrive- I recieved an email saying that the apartments have a low occupancy so will be closing early in the 5th October and would I like to stay at the tivoli instead? However, after contacting my original apartments, I found out that actually they are closing on the 15th October and grupoplayasol have actually double booked 50% of the rooms!
I obviously cancelled my booking and went elsewhere after reading the reviews for tivoli.
I just don't appreciate the dishonesty. I would rather they had apologized for double booking our room. Although I can't understand how they didn't realise until only 5 days before I flew out considering we booked the apartments back in June!
Basically do not book using the company GRUPOPLAYASOL they are LIARS!!!!

Stayed: October 2012
There are newer reviews for Apartamentos Playasol My Tivoli

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed here in June and have just booked again for closing parties, it really is nice, its been refurbished recently and the air con works great, we had a sea view and the staff were always helpfull. Its above Autos Manal which is without doubt the best car hire place on the island. Having braved the other Bossa nightmare flea pit hotels this place really deserves 5 stars.

Room Tip: Get a high floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Direccion-01, Gerente at Apartamentos Playasol My Tivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear ondnkasia,

On the behalf of all staff at the TIVOLI APARTMENTS we are really glad you enjoyed your stay in Ibiza.

We try to improve ourselves day by day and you gave us the reason why we continue hardworking. Your satisfaction is our main goal and we are glad that in your case we reached your expectations.

We hope you will choose the PLAYA SOL HOTEL GROUP as your holiday destination also another time, so that we could see you again in our establishment.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Me and my friend (both girls) came here for a week in September. We are both in our mid-twenties and have previously come to Ibiza on three other occasions, always staying in San Antonio.

Our experience of past hotels were that they were loud, dirty, had rude staff and were generally unpleasant. Tivoli apartments are none of the above. We were extremely surprised by the size of the apartment: spacious living/kitchen area with a large day-bed, a hob and a fridge, the cupboards were complete with all of the cooking implements that we needed (including a bottle opener - bonus!). there was a large balcony from which we could see the sea and Uchuaia. Our bedroom was a good size with a large cupboard (very needed for all of our party outfits) and the bathroom was great with a decent shower.

The air conditioning worked very well and was kept on throughout the holiday. Our room was serviced daily by a lovely lady and the reception staff were very cheerful and friendly. We requested a quiet room on a high floor and were not disappointed. The bedroom was silent and dark so we always managed a good nights sleep without ear plugs or an eye mask, even when rolling into the room at 6:30am. Our flight home on the final day was at 1am, but there was a luggage storage room and a shower so we were able to party all day on Bora Bora before returning to the hotel to shower and change ready for one last party at Uchuaia!

The beach is less than 4 mins away from the hotel and there are two supermarkets just next door. Bora Bora, Space and Uchuaia are just a short walk into town. There is also a lovely pool with lots of sun loungers and a few day beds, but we preferred to be by the sea. I can't really think of one bad thing to say about these apartments. They are great value and you won't be disappointed. We would also have been able to comfortably accommodate three people in our apartment, which would make the cost cheaper.

I'd also say if you had a choose between San An or Playa D'En Bossa, go with the latter, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: We requested a high floor, quiet room with a good view - we had a brilliant sea view and the room wa...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rose W
Direccion-01, Gerente at Apartamentos Playasol My Tivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear Rose W,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our company PLAYA SOL HOTEL GROUP for your holidays in Ibiza.

We are really glad that you enjoyed the stay at TIVOLI APARTMENTS and thank you for the great motivation you gave us with your positive commentary.

We hope that you visit us the next season; it will be a pleasure to see you again at our establishment.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

4 of us have just come back from a 5 night stay at the Tivoli appartments. There location is excellent walking distance to every thing in playa de bossa. The rooms seem to be newly refurbished, and, with flat screen tvs also. The rooms are clean and were cleaned every day, our only complaint besides theres no view, was the sun loungers. They looked as if they had been donated by a sumo wrestling team, no way could you lie on them without doing your back in. So we went to the beach every day. Other than this every thing was fine. Sould really invest in new loungers !

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Direccion-01, Gerente at Apartamentos Playasol My Tivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Dear kanemylo,

We would like to thank you for choosing TIVOLI APARTMENTS as your holiday accommodation to stay in Ibiza.

We made an order to buy new sunbeds and they are coming this week, we hope you will choose the PLAYA SOL HOTEL GROUP as your holiday destination also another time, so that we could see you again in our establishment.

Kind regards,
The management

Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days and loved every moment! Pool area is chilled and relaxed (except when life guard wants to play Dj and puts on pure rubbish). Next to all the major clubs & have Bora Bora beach 5 mins away! Perfect! Tivoli has amazing staff, especially Ondina the reception girl who went out her way to make sure we were happy with the hotel services! Thanks guys we will be returning next year!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 12 September 2012

One of the best hotels ive stayed in in Ibiza, and ive been going every year since 1996.

Rooms are modern spacious and clean with everything you need including modern furnishings, fridge freezer, flat screen TV (which only english channels were BBC world and CBNC but your in ibiza who cares) and amazingly an ironing board!!!!! Clean white sheets, fantastic shower in bathroom and free aircon. An the added bonus is is that the apartments are that big you cant hear other people in theirs!!! believe me there was a bit of a party going on next door as they appologised the next morning but we didnt hear a thing!

The pool is clean and the pool area is quite quiet during the day and they have a supermarket attached to the hotel for everything you need. They have big white beds which if you can snaffle are the best way to spend your day. The normal beds could do with a slight upgrade as they are a bit uncomfortable which is a shame as i think maybe more people would hang by the pool and they could make more money, but realistically that is the only negative i can pull out of this place.

We booked bed and breakfast for an extra £20 per person and were not dissappointed, hot and cold buffet with juices, coffee tea, fruits, pastries and cearals, really beyond what we were expecting.

The staff were pleasant and helpful and maids attend your room every day.

The hotel is just set back from the beach however a five minute walk and your in the thick of the bars and bora bora beach.

5 stars for this place - what a find will defo be back here next year, as this place was a fantastic base.!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool or sea view to ensure you get a good view as the back of the hotel looks out on to wa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Direccion-01, Gerente at Apartamentos Playasol My Tivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Victoria G,

We would like to thank you for choosing the PLAYA SOL HOTEL GROUP as your holiday accommodation to stay in Ibiza.

We are glad to hear you were satisfied in TIVOLI APARTMENTS. We try to improve our services day by day and this is a huge motivation for us to read the comments like yours.

Once again thank you for your time to write a comment and we hope we can see you again in our establishment.

Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

Depending on what your looking for Tivoli Apartments could work for you.

Good points
It's in a fantastic location, you are within minutes from the beach and have an array of shops right on your door step! You can also catch a bus to Ibiza town very easy.

The apartments are very spacious, I stayed with my fiancé but had plenty of room. The rooms were also clean an cleaners came daily.

Service - we had some small issues which were all dealt with by reception. They were also helpful with any questions we had an anything else we needed.

Bad points
The decor is slightly dated although not a turn off it could be better it's not modern.

Our air con leaked an we had to move rooms.

The shower dribbled out water.

I'd advise staying on the 3rd floor or higher as you get a fantastic view and more light in your room the first floor is a write off in my eyes!

All in all great value for money!

• Stayed: September 2012

#16 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
#8 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Apartamentos Playasol My Tivoli? Share your experiences!