“Lovely Santos (albeit with some teething problems)”

Santos Ibiza Coast Suites
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We are just back from a 5 night stay in the Santos.
It's by far the nicest place I stayed in 6 years of going to Ibiza and I have stayed in places like the Midjourn, The One etc
I LOVED the decor, very 'seaside' chic, lots of nice furnishings and finishing touches. Absolutely the nicest hotel decor I've personally seen in Ibiza. That said, if you like 'Ikea' style minimalist it's potentially not going to be your cup of tea.
We found the staff super, really friendly, especially the waitresses at the pool and the sweet handyman who was always smiling and friendly!
Yes, there are some minor issues but we found that Javier at the front desk sorted those for us.
The music at the pool being shut down by the police (they are not the only ones this happened too) is not ideal but this is not in their control. We enjoyed some chill time at the pool and went to places like Amante and Blue Marlin (where we had already planned to go anyway) so it was no huge deal for us.
We stayed in a sea view room and definitely recommend paying a bit extra for this. I think the rooms are all the same size but facing into another apartment in a different complex from your balcony isn't exactly lovely! I'd much prefer to look at the pool and sea.
Oh, another nice touch was all the toiletries in the bathroom, earbuds, a hair tie, sewing kit etc. Have never got that before in Ibiza.
My only negative which bothered me was the standard of cleaning. The cleaners literally make the beds and clean the bathroom floor and that's it. No washing up of glasses or anything over and above that. A bit disappointing as it's not exactly a cheap hotel.
For all the people complaining and slating the place, I wonder what they would get for their money elsewhere?! I think this hotel is well located, clean, nice rooms, nice decor, lovely staff, what more do you want in party central in high season!?
To sum it up, we would definitely go back.
My advice..bring your earplugs as the walls aren't very thick :)

Room Tip: Seaview is definitely worth the extra spend!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Okay, it's not completely awful but this hotel is the Spanish equivalent of Butlins, albeit with a different turquoise colour scheme, it's rates are Ritz-like (well over £300 a night), and its self-proclaimed party atmosphere falls well short of Ibiza's offering. The accommodation is two-star at best, but when you combine it with the over-priced rates and over-enthusiastic literature then this hotel falls well short of expectations.

During my week, I was unlucky to stay in two rooms as somehow this hotel was crowded and getting a one week stay in one room at short notice was difficult. My thoughts:

- I've stayed in hotel rooms with bathrooms bigger than the Suite rooms. Closing the curtains had only a marginal impact on keeping light out. I would have slept in the wardrobe but annoyingly they didn't think to provide a door for it.
- you need to get a room with a sea view (for me that was room 311). If you sink to the slums of 309 (still over £300 a night) it's like spending a night in a gold fish bowl, overlooked through every window.
- if you sit by the pool all day you are guaranteed to hear each song 3-4 times. I'm glad they pay a DJ to keep songs on loop. I do want his job.
- they give you shampoos in plastic wrappers. I thought only motels and prisons still did that.
- there is no sound proofing. Normally you would expect a complaint about raucous pool parties, fortunately they were in fact tame. I refer only to the gentle echo of a fellow guest's voice three doors down as they phone reception to check where the rest of their room is.
- the mini bar is only partly stocked. Room 311 had two small whiskies and orange juice. Not enough to help you forget where you're staying.
- Wifi is extremely slow. Quicker posting letters back home.
- The quality of running water was variable. The water in 309 was similar to the Saline drip the hospital put in me in 2007.
- Speaking of which, my friends in 306 said their water pressure was like trying to take a shower in the Gobi desert with a bucket of sand.
- I hope they didn't pay a designer to come up with their "rock star" theme. Other than calling each room by a different musician that's sadly where it all ends.

There's better places to stay, including just at home. If this hotel was a third of the price it would get a better review from me. Unfortunately, it's simply overrated.

Luckily, there is one saving grace, for which I have donated my one point out of five. There is a Suggestion/Complaint form left on the TV stand. The said form declares this hotel "Is where miracles happen". I filled it out but am still waiting for the building to be knocked down.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank theanteater
Diego C, Gerente at Santos Ibiza Coast Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Customer,

First of all we would like to thank you for your opinion and also appologise for all the inconvinience you had during your stay.

Last year we had our first year of operation and we had several issues that are now all sorted for next year.

I hope we can welcome you again one day so you can experience all our improvements.

Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

First time to Ibiza looking forward to drinking sun and just a general great time. Front of hotel looked cool but when those doors opened to the reception what we got was like a wet rag. Not only did no one help us with our bags but they didn't even show us the facilities or our room and the room door didn't even have a handle on it, did ask and they said they were fixing it today but still no sign of that. Now lets start on the staff, they would have to be the rudest, laziest and incompetent people we have come across especially the pool staff. Never any towels, hard to get a drink or food they spend most of there time sitting around talking to one another (get off your bum and serve people). It's not the hotel or location because this is all you need for Ibiza but when you pay good money you expect good service. Never again!!!

2  Thank ADDROCKER
Diego C, Propietario at Santos Ibiza Coast Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Addrocker,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to writte your experience about our hotel, it really helps to improve our service and facilities.

Regarding your compalints I would like to inform you about every issue.
We dont have a exclusive person to help with the baggage, we dont have this service in our description but the people we work on the customer service we walk with the guests to the room and we also help with the baggage.
We are in process to change most of the sttaff at the beach club to improve our service.

Once again thank you very much for your comments.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

On first arriving we were really impressed, great looking hotel, clean and trendy looking however on lying by the pool the next day the staff are rude, no towels, no music as police stopped all music, food and drinks overpriced and just the general attitude of staff is terrible like they just can't be bothered. 80c for a large water over road or 3.60 for a small one just for so many small things wrong hence why pool is always empty. Won't be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Diego C, Propietario at Santos Ibiza Coast Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Abigail,

Firts of all thank you very much for your comments are very helpful to improve our service and facilities.
Regarding the music tomorrow we will have it on again, it stopped in several beach clubs in the area of Playa den Bossa. In reference to the sttaff at the Beach Club, we are in proccess to change the service so for sure will be much better very soon. We had an issue with the towels that were arriving at 12pm but now are arriving earlier everyday.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope one day we can welcome you again at Santos.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

It is 1am as I type this sat in my santos hotel room unable to sleep because of the noise in the other rooms! It is like a benidorm 18-30's hotel ! . When you pay the price for this hotel you expect a little more . However you won't get it ! Every single night I have had to complain about the noise and they do NOTHING . I've been clubbing most night yet when I return the noise is ridiculous !
My advise is this ...if you just want a place to put your things then because your going to go out until 8am the next day . Then fine but if you actually do want to sleep at some point in the night then DO NOT book this hotel !!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were looking for a hotel that was fairly chilled out, but close enough to the big clubs so that for the couple of nights we were going out, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to get there. My friend and I booked Santos after seeing the slick website that seemed to promote this ethos, hopeful that the holiday would bring the best of both worlds.
The rooms are well appointed with pretty much everything you need to be able to cater for yourself. Our room didn't get cleaned very often but when we mentioned this to staff at the front desk they arranged for it to be serviced straight away.
The best asset of this hotel is the reception and its staff - Javier in particular was excellent. In the bar/pool area there were several occasions where service was a real issue, culminating in an hour long wait for food and real difficulty being understood when we tried to rectify the issue. Some of the charges were far from clear (I'm still not sure of the rules for dream beds and I stayed 7 nights!) and were not explicit on the in-room literature. On that note, one of the reasons we booked this hotel was because we were under the impression that children weren't catered for, but we saw children at the pool every day we were there. It felt at times that an honest, upfront approach to the customer, and excellent service (both attributes you would expect of hotels within this price bracket) were missing.
I should say that we raised our concerns with reception staff on our last day and we were offered a 10% discount on a return visit, which was kind. I'm not sure that this would make me choose Santos over other places on the island if I returned to Ibiza.

Room Tip: If you want a good rest and don't mind not overlooking the pool, I'd go for one near recepti...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Finners,

First of all thank you for taking the time to let us know your opinnion about your stay as it really helps to improve our service and facilities.
We are in the process to bring new sttaff to the beach club wthat will provide better service to our customers. Regarding the beds, we have had a minimun spend for the big beds but are now free for hotel guests.

I hope you can come back soon one day so you can see all our improvements after the first year.

Once again thank you for your time.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Santos Suites were spectacular!

From the moment we arrived we were greeted by smiles and were impressed to be given a tour of the hotel. It's clean, beautiful and modern design was certainly a teaser on the eye!

We had a suite with a sea view; worth every extra penny with a perfect balance of tranquil nights on the balcony and enjoying one of the two weekly DJ night. Wally Lopez....thanks for our sore feet!

'Where dreams come true'.... They certainly did!! This idealic hotel was the perfect place on the Island to get engaged!! And not only did we get a 'yes' but Santo's Suites went above and beyond to help us make this very special. Roses and champagne in our room was a delight! And that was only the tip of the ice-berg after all of their help with car hire, advice, restaurant bookings and more. Diego and team thank you!

One evening whilst sat on our balcony during the early morning hours we watched a cleaner for nearly two hours clean the pool and outdoor area. Unaware of being watched, he did not leave a tile un-moped.

Of course we don't want to rate Santos Suites too much; we don't want it to be fully booked when we want to stay there next year! ;-)

Laura and Stuart

Room Tip: Book a room with sea view worth every extra penny!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
#13 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Hotel Torre del Mar
Hotel Torre del Mar
#6 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Santos Ibiza Coast Suites? Share your experiences!