“May 2013 - we extended our stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Santos Ibiza Coast Suites

Santos Ibiza Coast Suites
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
London, United Kingdom
“May 2013 - we extended our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel and I am very surprised to read some negative reviews! We stayed here in May 2013 during the opening week.

The staff always greeted us with a smile and helped us with any questions or problems we had. Having found ants in our room, the staff reacted quickly and we moved rooms twice before eventually being upgraded to a sea view room. (The views were stunning and we enjoyed the parties from our balcony.)

The rooms were clean, chic, spacious enough and cleaned daily. There were plenty of toiletries which were topped up daily.

We really enjoying lounging by the hotel pool, with the beach behind us, as did many of the other guests. This was probably the highlight of the hotel for me. The food was lovely (a little pricey) ordered and served to/from the sun loungers so you didn't have to move at all!

In terms of location, its not far from the airport and there is a supermarket across the street where you can buy water, beer, wine, snacks etc if you're on a budget. It is also in the middle of the gipsy market and on the beach front. However there are nicer beaches in Ibiza. We hired a moped locally and drove all over the Island and enjoyed ourselves so much we extended our stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I thought this hotel was amazing for the price we paid which was around 350 euro each.

We had a suite between three of us which had a balcony a bar area kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and lounge/bedroom. It was slightly on the small size but thats the only fault i could make about this hotel.

The hotel is very clean and has an amazing pool area with lovely luxury double beds to lounge on in the day, witha min of 40 euro spend which i thoght was reasonable considering the rest of Ibiza is overpriced. The bar man was really friendly and took his time to make amazing cocktails, bar prices for cocktails were around 10 euro which is again reasonable for Ibiza.

The reception staff are really friendly and gave us another room to shower and change in on our last day as we checked out at 12pm and were not leaving until 1am. I thought this was a really nice thing to do and i've never recieved this service else where.

The location is great only a 5 min walk to ushuaia, and bora bora beach club is next door but one.

I would recomend everyone to stay here.

Room Tip: Pool view would of been nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights in July, and loved it. Great location right on Playa d'en Bossa beach. We arrived early so lay by the pool until our room was ready. They have a minimum food/beverage spend for the sun beds, which I found a bit strange for hotel guests. However, we had items from both their mediterranean and thai menus, and the food was fantastic and at a decent price. Very friendly staff both at reception and pool bar, although a bit slow. The room we had was a good size with a balcony and faced the sea, definitely a must for the view. The bathroom was small but good enough, and clean. On the downside, the room's aren't soundproofed so quite a lot of noise comes through from the corridors. Also felt the price of the room was quite expensive at 300€ a night. We would definitely come back though.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I really love the concept of Hotel Santos. Very professional and nice service which makes me feel better than home. The food is fantastic and the cocktails are awesome and I really liked the parties which are NOT focussed on cheap mass tourism. The most speial is the atmosphere by itself. The design of the place, the interior and the vibe of the people working there are really creating magic moments where I forgot completely that the hotel is positioned right in the heart of highly frequented Playa dem Bossa. Check it out by yourself, it is really worth a trip. Beside.....something didn't seem to be right with the glasses because the Mojito was mostly far tu quick empty :D:D

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We are just back from a 5 night stay in the Santos.
It's by far the nicest place I stayed in 6 years of going to Ibiza and I have stayed in places like the Midjourn, The One etc
I LOVED the decor, very 'seaside' chic, lots of nice furnishings and finishing touches. Absolutely the nicest hotel decor I've personally seen in Ibiza. That said, if you like 'Ikea' style minimalist it's potentially not going to be your cup of tea.
We found the staff super, really friendly, especially the waitresses at the pool and the sweet handyman who was always smiling and friendly!
Yes, there are some minor issues but we found that Javier at the front desk sorted those for us.
The music at the pool being shut down by the police (they are not the only ones this happened too) is not ideal but this is not in their control. We enjoyed some chill time at the pool and went to places like Amante and Blue Marlin (where we had already planned to go anyway) so it was no huge deal for us.
We stayed in a sea view room and definitely recommend paying a bit extra for this. I think the rooms are all the same size but facing into another apartment in a different complex from your balcony isn't exactly lovely! I'd much prefer to look at the pool and sea.
Oh, another nice touch was all the toiletries in the bathroom, earbuds, a hair tie, sewing kit etc. Have never got that before in Ibiza.
My only negative which bothered me was the standard of cleaning. The cleaners literally make the beds and clean the bathroom floor and that's it. No washing up of glasses or anything over and above that. A bit disappointing as it's not exactly a cheap hotel.
For all the people complaining and slating the place, I wonder what they would get for their money elsewhere?! I think this hotel is well located, clean, nice rooms, nice decor, lovely staff, what more do you want in party central in high season!?
To sum it up, we would definitely go back.
My advice..bring your earplugs as the walls aren't very thick :)

Room Tip: Seaview is definitely worth the extra spend!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Okay, it's not completely awful but this hotel is the Spanish equivalent of Butlins, albeit with a different turquoise colour scheme, it's rates are Ritz-like (well over £300 a night), and its self-proclaimed party atmosphere falls well short of Ibiza's offering. The accommodation is two-star at best, but when you combine it with the over-priced rates and over-enthusiastic literature then this hotel falls well short of expectations.

During my week, I was unlucky to stay in two rooms as somehow this hotel was crowded and getting a one week stay in one room at short notice was difficult. My thoughts:

- I've stayed in hotel rooms with bathrooms bigger than the Suite rooms. Closing the curtains had only a marginal impact on keeping light out. I would have slept in the wardrobe but annoyingly they didn't think to provide a door for it.
- you need to get a room with a sea view (for me that was room 311). If you sink to the slums of 309 (still over £300 a night) it's like spending a night in a gold fish bowl, overlooked through every window.
- if you sit by the pool all day you are guaranteed to hear each song 3-4 times. I'm glad they pay a DJ to keep songs on loop. I do want his job.
- they give you shampoos in plastic wrappers. I thought only motels and prisons still did that.
- there is no sound proofing. Normally you would expect a complaint about raucous pool parties, fortunately they were in fact tame. I refer only to the gentle echo of a fellow guest's voice three doors down as they phone reception to check where the rest of their room is.
- the mini bar is only partly stocked. Room 311 had two small whiskies and orange juice. Not enough to help you forget where you're staying.
- Wifi is extremely slow. Quicker posting letters back home.
- The quality of running water was variable. The water in 309 was similar to the Saline drip the hospital put in me in 2007.
- Speaking of which, my friends in 306 said their water pressure was like trying to take a shower in the Gobi desert with a bucket of sand.
- I hope they didn't pay a designer to come up with their "rock star" theme. Other than calling each room by a different musician that's sadly where it all ends.

There's better places to stay, including just at home. If this hotel was a third of the price it would get a better review from me. Unfortunately, it's simply overrated.

Luckily, there is one saving grace, for which I have donated my one point out of five. There is a Suggestion/Complaint form left on the TV stand. The said form declares this hotel "Is where miracles happen". I filled it out but am still waiting for the building to be knocked down.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank theanteater
Diego C, Gerente at Santos Ibiza Coast Suites, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Customer,

First of all we would like to thank you for your opinion and also appologise for all the inconvinience you had during your stay.

Last year we had our first year of operation and we had several issues that are now all sorted for next year.

I hope we can welcome you again one day so you can experience all our improvements.

Thank you again for your time.

Regards,
Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

First time to Ibiza looking forward to drinking sun and just a general great time. Front of hotel looked cool but when those doors opened to the reception what we got was like a wet rag. Not only did no one help us with our bags but they didn't even show us the facilities or our room and the room door didn't even have a handle on it, did ask and they said they were fixing it today but still no sign of that. Now lets start on the staff, they would have to be the rudest, laziest and incompetent people we have come across especially the pool staff. Never any towels, hard to get a drink or food they spend most of there time sitting around talking to one another (get off your bum and serve people). It's not the hotel or location because this is all you need for Ibiza but when you pay good money you expect good service. Never again!!!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ADDROCKER
Diego C, Propietario at Santos Ibiza Coast Suites, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Addrocker,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to writte your experience about our hotel, it really helps to improve our service and facilities.

Regarding your compalints I would like to inform you about every issue.
We dont have a exclusive person to help with the baggage, we dont have this service in our description but the people we work on the customer service we walk with the guests to the room and we also help with the baggage.
We are in process to change most of the sttaff at the beach club to improve our service.

Once again thank you very much for your comments.

Regards,
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,974 reviews
THB Los Molinos
THB Los Molinos
#5 of 50 in Ibiza Town

Been to Santos Ibiza Coast Suites? Share your experiences!