“Fantastic”

Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed 10 May 2014

stayed at the Garbi 4/5 to 8/5 on recommendation by a friend. the hotel exceeded all our expectations. just had a standard room but was great and even got great pool and sea view as we were on the 4th floor. we had half board and the food was superb. lots of choice, never needed lunch! the pool area is gorgeous and for 20 euros you can hire a lovely cabana by the pool to relax on. normal sundeds around the pool are free. over the bank hol the sunbeds were full early on (annoying british big groups placing their towels down!), after the hotel seemed quieter and sunbeds always available just a shame the pool was so cold. i couldn't brave it! wifi signal a bit hit and miss depending where in hotel you were! the spa is out of this world. we went every night about 7pm, the different water jets and showers are amazing. a perfect way to relax after a hard days sunbathing. as it was early may the resort was quite quiet, but it suited us and we will be back next year. Thank you Hotel Garbi.

Room Tip: high floor facing pool/sea if you can
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed 1 week in May 2014. Located right on Bossa beach and walking distance from Space. Our stay included breakfast and dinner, lovely staff in the restaurant and the manager there is brilliant. Very observant and caring.
Room was clean and nice, nothing to complain about really. Nice pool area, but freezing pool and freezing to swim in the ocean this early in May. I wish we hade gone a bit later since Ibiza at this time was a bit quiet.

Hotel is about 10-15 minutes from the airport, taxi will cost you about 12-13 Euros. Taxi to Ibiza town is 8-9 Euros and there is also a bus running outside the hotel every 30 minutes which is 2 euros to Ibiza town.

Friendly staff in the reception, very proffessional and excellent servicequality. I would stay at Garbi again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for four nights beginning 5th May. I have visited many hotels but this was one of the most friendliest, welcoming hotels I have been to. We were greeted by every staff member with a Hola and a
smile. Nothing was too much trouble.

As it was my sister's birthday when we were there, I arranged for her to be surprised with a cake and champagne. This was given to her at breakfast and all the staff in the restaurant sang "Happy Birthday" to her.

We stayed in the Superior Suite and the view was phenomenal. We had a pool view and a sea view. Watching the sun rise from your balcony was beautiful.
The room was spacious and very modern. The hotel was spotless.

We stayed half board. There was a wide choice of food and it was delicious. Everyday was different.

We went into the spa on our last day and this was amazing. I wish we used it more but we didn't have the time to fit everything in to our 3 days that we wanted to do.

The hotel is on the beach and everyday we walked along the beach to Nassau Beach Bar. This is a place to go if you want to be relax on a beach bed and being waited on in Lovely
surroundings.

One evening we had a taxi ( rank just opposite the hotel)to Cafe Del Mar in San Antonio Bay to watch the sunset. This was about 25 euros each way but it is something you have to see.

Overall my first experience
Of Playa Den Bossa was pleasant.But what made our holiday were the staff at Hotel Garbi. Professional,well mannered and helpful.

The hotel is worth 5 stars based on our experience. Clean,Modern,And lovely food.

Thank you Garbi, you made my sister's birthday one to remember! I'm already looking at booking another holiday with you! :-)

Michelle Lewis

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Michellle81
Christian S, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the work of our staff. We are looking forward to welcome you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Hotel is located at Playa d´en Bossa which is about 10 min and € 9,00 (by taxi) away from Ibiza town. Right around the Hotel there are plenty of bars and restaurants as well as night clubs. The Hotel inculding our room was clean and very good maintananced. I have to add, that we arrived one day after they opened up for the season. So for sure they do a very good job, the time the Hotel is closed. I can not say anything about the conditions during main season. The furniture in the room was OK but quiet unspectacularly. A bin was missing but the bath room was quiet big. The balcony (with sea view, overlooking the pool) was furnished with two chairs and a table. The walls seem to be quiet thin but that is no exception on Ibiza / in Spain. The Mini bar in the room is not filled but that is no problem as there is a super market right across the street. Soft drinks and beer can be purchased at a vendor maschine in the stair case. W-LAN is for free (up to three devices per room). The pool might be a little small in main season. They provide very comfortable, large lounge-sun beds (for 2 persons) at the pool for a fee of € 20,00 per day, which is OK in my opinion. The regular sun beds are for free. What a pity, they do not provide sun beds on the beach area in front of the Hotel. Maybe there is no permission for it!? I did not care as it is just € 8,00 by taxi to get to Coco Beach :-)
The staff was quiet friendly (very friendly at the bar). It was irritating for me, that they charged the full stay upon arrival (even if they had my card on file and already charged a deposit). But that´s their policy and finally you have to pay at some point anyway. If I would come back for a romance trip with my girl friend I would look for another place (nice finca or something). For anything else the Garbi is recommendable!
PS: I can not say anything about the food as I didn´t have any there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheMrBruno
Christian S, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for your great review. We are looking forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We booked this hotel based on a number of factors back in October last year.

We researched and read all reviews before deciding on Hotel Garbi and it did not disappoint!

The journey from the airport to the hotel was one of the quickest I have ever experienced and yet I couldn't have felt further from the airport surround by shops on one side of the hotel and a beautiful beach on the other.

The hotel itself was lovely, the décor was eye catching, use of colours and furniture creates a fantastic atmosphere and the hotel is very clean!

The pool area itself was beautiful and well laid out, extremely clean and well maintained. Whilst it was not huge, the first 2 days we were there we had plenty of room and space but on our last day many more people had arrived and all sunbeds were in use. You could feel the difference and the pool sides looked full but it was still lovely. You also had use of the beach directly outside and that was great!

The rooms - great size I was sharing with 2 others girls, rooms were clean and well maintained, spacious with plenty of wardrobe space which was great. Only issue we had was lack of wall sockets and no mirror next to any of the sockets! Beds were comfortable and although there was a mini fridge ours wasn't working (and I think others said theirs wasn't to, perhaps we had to pay? we never checked) The safe deposit box was a charge of 4euro per day & 20euro deposit.

Food at the hotel was delicious we booked half board and the breakfasts and dinners were great, good choice, well cooked and yummy! We ate lunch in the pool bar on the last day and it was delicious!!

Staff - Probably the best I have come across in any hotel, not one complaint all staff were friendly, approachable and helpful especially the Public Relations Manager Richard, an absolute asset to the hotel and great to have someone who could speak English and Spanish fluently! Nothing was too much trouble!
Micky in hotel bar, makes the most delicious of cocktails on an evening and the atmosphere is great with music and dance floor space. Just a shame the bar closes at 2am.

Spa - Well one of the girls and I checked this out on our last day, it was beautiful and were thrilled it is free to hotel guests the facilities are some of the best I have seen and whilst the area was not huge we were lucky enough to have to share with only a handful of people whilst we were in there.

Location - NO COMPLAINTS I definitely preferred Playa d'en Bossa to San Antonio although we travelled there on a couple of occasions. Easy access to shops from one side and the beach the other a few of the group even wandered along to Bora Bora beach.

Activities - Whilst there we went to Pacha and Space although out of season we managed to catch the Lovin Ibiza Festival so they were fairly busy. Our highlight of the entire trip was a sunset cruise on a speed boat with jet skis and water sports booked through Mamboats (http://mamboats.com) we travelled to San Antonio Port which cost approx. 25 euro per taxi (one way) it was worth every penny. Seeing the Ibiza sunset in style on a beautiful boat on the ocean outside Ibiza! We were let down by another company Take off Ibiza and Mamboats stepped up to the mark again and was able to take us out again definitely made our holiday!

If you plan on a stay in Ibiza with friends or couples this hotel is perfect! Look no further!! See you next year Hotel Garbi!!

Room Tip: We were very lucky all our rooms were on the 4th floor and we all had balconies which looked out on...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just spent 3 days at the Garbi in advance of a large wedding party in June. The hotel itself is very well planned - every room has a side sea view and decent sized balcony, clean, functional and comfortable rooms - good wardrobe space, and a fridge. Impressive bar, pool and beachside restaurant. Chic and impressive public areas. Good, full choice, breakfast selection overseen by charming restaurant manager. On our return I expect the early morning run on poolside beds as there are not enough. The food at the beachside restaurant/cafe is very good, and drinks prices reasonable throughout. Poolside service for drinks. You can walk easily through Playa d'en Bossa and - a long stroll - to Ibiza Town. Taxis opposite hotel, but I'm sure the hotel would call one, and a car park! Empty in April but suspect will be pretty full in high season. Public park 4 minutes walk, street parking difficult.
What struck me from the point of arrival and through to departure was the professional and welcoming staff throughout the hotel. I appreciate that the hotel was not full and that as the season wears on staff will be tired, but there was a genuine wish to assist. I can't wait to return, and would like to thank all the hotel staff for making this short stay so enjoyable and memorable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Christian S, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear guest,
We want to thank you for your detailed and positive review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I'm going to report the management that you had the impression there could be more sun beds and we will consider that for the near future. We are looking forward to welcome you and your friends for the wedding party in June.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel in June last year with a friend, we wanted a nice hotel to relax in after enjoying the Ibiza nightlife. The rooms were large with comfortable beds and sofa, large balconies and plenty of room to put your stuff.

The hotel was clean and comfortable and of a very good standard, it was on the beach and had a nice bar/restaurant on the beach to with good selection of food and drink, it wasn't to expensive either.

There were always plenty of loungers round the pool and on the section of beach in front of the hotel, and the pool area was spotless and very well maintained. The pool toilets and showers by the main hotel building were really nice, we spent our last day sun bathing and got ready here before we flew home.

We were bed and breakfast, and when we made it to breakfast there seemed to be a lot of choice and the restaurant was large enough to seat everyone.

All the staff were really helpful and friendly, the hotel is in a good location for shops and the taxi rank, we did struggle to find a really nice restaurant in the area though.

Space and Ushia are literally a 5 minute walk away, and there are a lot of fun bars on the walk to them that serve alcohol at very reasonable prices (certainly compared to the clubs!!), San Antonio is about a 20-30 minute cab ride away, getting a cab there is easy, getting one home can be quite difficult if you are planning on being out in the clubs.

Overall we really liked the Hotel Garbi and would definetley recommend it as a clean comfortable and stylish hotel, that has a nice chilled vibe for relaxing after a hard nights clubbing, i would certainly go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarahwest
Christian S, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for communicating your experience and writing such a detailed review.We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you soon again as a guest in ibiza.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa d'en Bossa
#2 of 16 in Sant Josep de Sa Talaia
Sol Beach House Ibiza
Sol Beach House Ibiza
#12 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa? Share your experiences!