“Best stay I've ever had in Ibiza!”

Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We have just returned from a week stay (7th Aug- 14th Aug) on half board at Hotel Garbi. We visit Ibiza every year and we were very very happy with this hotel. Hotel is spotless all over, large well-designed rooms, lovely bathrooms with power shower and we had a nice view over the pool and sea front. The breakfast and dinner every evening was of great standard. We were very impressed with all the staff we met from the man that welcomed us into the restaurant everyday for breakfast and dinner to the maid that kept our room spotless with fresh towels and toiletries every day. The staff at reception were most helpful when needed. We had to call a doctor and they had one up to the room in 15 mins. I also had printed some flight tickets and the reception had them done in two mins. There is free wi fi in the bedrooms, which in this day and age is a necessity, and something I feel was a very good perk to staying at the Garbi. The spa was glorious! When we had enough sun we wandered down to the spa and it was always very quite with only a few guests there at any one time. Also I have to say the facilities for when you check out are very good. They have a secure baggage room the same as every other hotel but they also have lovely showers and lockers in the bathroom for when you want to freshen up before your flight. They give you fresh towels and toiletries at reception so you don’t have to go digging in your suitcase if you don’t want to!! I think the Garbi was an excellent choice for the money we paid. If I had to give any criticisms it would be 1. They should put a mirror above the dressing table in the bedrooms. There is one in the hall and bathroom but personally I like to sit when doing my make up and hair and that would have been nice. 2. The day we checked out we had a long wait to our nighttime flight. Our I pod and laptop batteries were low on power but there were no power points near any of the lounge areas. They have lamps wired into the floor and I think they should definitely put a few power points around the place for guests to use. All guests now travel with electronics and often a place to charge up is very handy. The restaurant at the poolside and beach is very handy albeit a bit slow with their service. You would not want to be in too much of a rush!! I was a bit annoyed one of the last days of our stay. We sat down at a table and one of the waiters came over to tell me the table was reserved even though there was no sign or anything to distinguish it from the other tables in the area. I said straight away that we will move to another table but he just stalked off so we stayed put, as we weren’t directed to a table that was free. I didn’t get up a move to another table in case that was reserved also. Thankfully this was the only rude encounter I had in my week stay and it was very mild. It wouldn’t put me off going to the hotel but we didn’t eat at the poolside restaurant again. The prices are average and you expect to be treated kindly as a paying customer.
All in all I will definitely be returning to the Hotel Garbi. We had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IbizaGal

Reviewed 7 August 2010

Large hotel. Rooms clean and well appointed. Pool area and beach frontage great to chill after a big night out. Staff helpful and professional. Third time to Ibiza and by far the best value for money. Restaurant on the beach front is questionable due to the chaotic service. Will not hesitate to book this place next time. One tip regarding getting around the island form Den Bossa, DO NOT rely on busses or taxis to get to the clubs at peak time 12-2AM. You can wait 2-3 hours at a time so go early.

Reviewed 4 August 2010

Upon our arrival at the hotel we were allocated a room ,we were not happy with that room as the view from the balcony was not the best, I returned to the reception and explained i did not like the view fro the room and asked for another,after a wait another room was found and it was great. At this point I will point out I was being very choosy about the room because since booking in March and paying 150 euros per night , after checking the Hotel web site prior to the holiday the rooms were now 100 euros per night,so it did not pay to book in advance,however, I did not find out for sure whether rooms were available at that price ,so please check all options prior to booking to get the best price.
The Hotel is situated right on Playa d`en Bossa beach ,which we found to be clean and very pleasant. The entrance is situated on the street which is not the best,tacky shops and fast food ,this was not a problem for us as we had hired a car so when we left the hotel we left the area ,so did not frequent this part of Playa d`en Bossa.
Ibiza town is about 15 mins away by car, airport about the same.
Our stay at the hotel was without problems,the room was cleaned daily ,the public areas kept immaculate. We were half board,breakfast,evening meal,the breakfast was excellent,pretty much everything you could want ,the evening dinner was adequet but it was not a dinner experience more just a means to a end,mainly due to the "canteen" style decor,this suited us no problem,we like to eat early ,usually straight from the beach then go for a siesta,I would say that the restaurant was immaculate at all times and the food always looked and tasted fresh,the staff very pleasant.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Garbi,the location suited us,we did have a car though,the room was comfortable and clean ,the food very acceptable. I would not recommend this hotel for families ,we, however will be going back!!

Reviewed 31 July 2010

A bright, clean, modern hotel with funky interior, and great bar!
The room was clean and modern, quite basic but adequate, with a balcony which just about gave us a sea view albeit from the side of the hotel. Air-con unit was a bit noisy which is my only gripe about the room.
We opted for our (evening) meals included which worked out a great deal as the buffet food was a high standard, fresh food being brought out from the kitchens constantly - so nothing was stewing away in bain-maries! There was lots of choice from fresh salads, fish, pasta dishes, steaks, lamb, local vegetables, speciality dishes plus a good selection for the kids, even a fresh paella which was prepared by a chef at the tableside! Deserts were great - about 6 to choose from every night...and you can eat as much as you like! Drinks are extra - you pay for these at the bar after your meal.
Staff were attentive, friendly and so charming, they really made us feel like old friends everyday!
We loved the pool area as it was just a walk through the poolside cafe to the beach. The bar next to the poolside plays chilled out Cafe Del Mar style music, and some chilled clubby stuff...creates a nice relaxed ambiance. Our 3 year old daughter spent all day in the pool, and with the beach being SO close was an absolute bonus! The sun loungers get snapped up early though so make sure you get down fairly early if you want a poolside lounger. Smoking is permitted in the pool area, which I found a bit annoying especially with a young child, there were even people smoking in the swimming pool!
The poolside cafe is cool, a great place to grab a snack and chill in the shade before a dip in the sea just across the way. The food is good quality tapas at reasonable prices...also serve pizza, toasted sandwiches, and great fruit smoothies!
We'd definitely go back to this hotel again, I would recommend for young families, couples and clubbers who want to chill out away from all the madness of clubland!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank birdbrain71
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days and I can say that it was a good surprise. Booking a hotel in a popular area like playa d'en Bossa was kind of risky because I'd have liked to avoid the crowds. But the hotel was recently renovated and the room very spacious. Cleaned thoroughly every day with very nice maids. THe reception desk isn't that willing to spend more than one minute on customers' questions (with an exception) but all the rest is satisfactory. THe breakfast exceeded my expectations as well as the pool and spa area. I used the parking area easily which is only accessed with the room key. All in all, I recommend this hotel if you like big and crowded hotels which are though carefully tidied and serviced.

Reviewed 23 July 2010

Completely refurbished- looks new. Very funky design, great rooms, location, pool. Free Spa and (limited) gym. Right on the beach. Plasma TV's in rooms (no English channels though). Great air-con. Breakfast and evening bufffet also very good quality. Free secure parking on-site. A great hotel for couples or slightly more afluent ravers!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Rooms are very basic, hotel is clean, staff friendly. They were supposed to have tickets lined up for some events and we requested rooms with ocean view. Niether happened. I had the email exchanges to show them and it made no difference. This is a party hotel for sure. You cannot charge anything to the room and everything requires deposit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa d'en Bossa
Aparthotel Playasol Jabeque Soul
Hotel Playasol Mare Nostrum
Hotel Playasol Mare Nostrum
#17 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa? Share your experiences!